Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast
I am doing my BLS with a Management Minor.  I need two more UL Electives for the Minor and I've done all I can through Sophia I believe (are there other UL transfers aside from Business Law and Business Ethics I can do at Sophia?). Are there CLEPs I could do for UL?   The offering for UL I'm interested in at UMPI is limited, as I don't want to do history/poli-sci.  

I've fulfilled all of my GEC and other Electives.  So I'm just 3 courses from being finished.  Doing PCJ 315 at UMPI, and just need two other UL options.  

Here's what I've finished at UMPI this term:

BUS 200: Intermediate Business Computing
BUS 220: Managerial Accounting
BUS 244: Management Information Systems
BUS 240: Change Management
BUS 260: Leadership
BUS 330: Marketing Management
BUS 335: Organizational Behavior
BUS 415: Operations Management
BUS 469: Strategic Professional Communication
BUS 321: Human Resource Management

PCJ 315 - Pending adding

Thanks for your feedback/ideas. --- Editing to add my degree audit document. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q9BC...ue&sd=true
Do you mean you need more UL credits for the 24 UL credit requirement in the BLS? The M&L minor doesn't have any electives so I'm a bit confused by your request. Your Google Doc looks like you've completed the M&L minor courses.
Easy, you can complete the final two of the four classes that can transfer over to the MAOL as your final classes! You've got two in your list, you can take the other two that's showing in here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid400861
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-10-2024, 01:30 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Do you mean you need more UL credits for the 24 UL credit requirement in the BLS? The M&L minor doesn't have any electives so I'm a bit confused by your request. Your Google Doc looks like you've completed the M&L minor courses.
Yes I need two more UL to finish the BLS Portion (I switched from BABA to BLS Management)
(02-10-2024, 12:29 PM)CCCollege Wrote: I am doing my BLS with a Management Minor.  I need two more UL Electives for the Minor and I've done all I can through Sophia I believe (are there other UL transfers aside from Business Law and Business Ethics I can do at Sophia?). Are there CLEPs I could do for UL?   The offering for UL I'm interested in at UMPI is limited, as I don't want to do history/poli-sci.  

I've fulfilled all of my GEC and other Electives.  So I'm just 3 courses from being finished.  Doing PCJ 315 at UMPI, and just need two other UL options.  

PCJ 315 - Pending adding

Thanks for your feedback/ideas.   --- Editing to add my degree audit document.   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q9BC...ue&sd=true

Do you remember which of these you'd consider to be short/easy courses? Which ones perhaps only had 3 milestones and which were essays/quizzes at the end? Don't mean to be a bother, I'm just planning out my next semester, and I am currently taking a class with 6 essays, which I would like to avoid in the future.
(02-29-2024, 08:03 PM)caspermac Wrote:
(02-10-2024, 12:29 PM)CCCollege Wrote: I am doing my BLS with a Management Minor.  I need two more UL Electives for the Minor and I've done all I can through Sophia I believe (are there other UL transfers aside from Business Law and Business Ethics I can do at Sophia?). Are there CLEPs I could do for UL?   The offering for UL I'm interested in at UMPI is limited, as I don't want to do history/poli-sci.  

PCJ 315 - Pending adding

Thanks for your feedback/ideas.   --- Editing to add my degree audit document.   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q9BC...ue&sd=true

Do you remember which of these you'd consider to be short/easy courses? Which ones perhaps only had 3 milestones and which were essays/quizzes at the end? Don't mean to be a bother, I'm just planning out my next semester, and I am currently taking a class with 6 essays, which I would like to avoid in the future.

Don't take Marketing - BUS 330 - 6 Milestones and a big final. 

Here's a summary of my time in each course.  Please know I am extremely fast paced in how I work, and though some of these are done in a single day or two, I easily worked 20+ hours in most courses.  I also have a lot of professional experience which contributed to my competency.

ADDING: Instead, I took the Google Coursera PM Certification, which gave me a BUS 400 and a 100 and 300 level elective. Then I realized I was one course from my PM minor a day too late to add classes, and I decided to sit for the CAPM, which comes in as BUS 343.

I'm not certain I would like to do the MAOL, so I chose not to focus on that, and instead focused on finishing my Bachelor's.

Just in case it helps anyone else. Smile

Attached Files
.pdf   UMPI My Degree.xlsx - Courses at UMPI.pdf (Size: 32.17 KB / Downloads: 43)
[-] The following 1 user Likes CCCollege's post:
  • Pikachu
(03-05-2024, 12:05 AM)CCCollege Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 08:03 PM)caspermac Wrote:

PCJ 315 - Pending adding

Don't take Marketing - BUS 330 - 6 Milestones and a big final. 

Here's a summary of my time in each course.  Please know I am extremely fast paced in how I work, and though some of these are done in a single day or two, I easily worked 20+ hours in most courses.  I also have a lot of professional experience which contributed to my competency.

ADDING:  Instead, I took the Google Coursera PM Certification, which gave me a BUS 400 and a 100 and 300 level elective.  Then I realized I was one course from my PM minor a day too late to add classes, and I decided to sit for the CAPM, which comes in as BUS 343.  

I'm not certain I would like to do the MAOL, so I chose not to focus on that, and instead focused on finishing my Bachelor's.  

Just in case it helps anyone else.  Smile

Dang, I just registered for BUS 330 next term Sad
Well, you may have other 'easy' classes to compensate for the BUS 330, maybe it's enough time for you to change that out as well... Since the classes start today!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 109 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 248 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 266 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 187 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 171 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 317 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 299 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,596 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,488 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 503 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1