IWU's Bachelor of Science in Management
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMHB vs IWU CBE program?
If it weren't for this forum, I would never have heard of UMBH, IWU, or UMPI. None of them have much in the way of "prestige" in the same way that Yale or Harvard would. However, none of them are infamous either. If you're not going to a famous school or to an infamous school, almost nobody cares where your degree is from. Get the degree that best fits your goals, rather than choosing a school that's ranked (for instance) 398 instead of 399.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
That's correct, it pretty much depends on the law school you want to attend and what their requirements are... so, as per my linked thread, it's best for you to look at the requirements of the institutions and make sure you hit the prerequisites or requirements on route to finishing your Bachelors. That's mainly what was recommended, even though some of our recommendations may differ at the end, that is the initial step...

Everything depends on your personal preference, we provide you advice and that goes in many different directions, do what you think is correct for you, either apply to that 1 school with a 60% chance and shoot for good grades... or continue to shoot for good grades and apply to multiple ones that interest you in or out of state, I think would give you more chances at getting into a law school of your choice.

Basically... Continue doing what you're doing now, get a degree but make sure to get at least 60 graded credits for GPA purposes... TAMUC, UMPI, and whatever school you decide too, will check the box just fine with a good GPA and checked set of prerequisites/requirements completed... Good luck!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-30-2023, 01:01 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If it weren't for this forum, I would never have heard of UMBH, IWU, or UMPI. None of them have much in the way of "prestige" in the same way that Yale or Harvard would. However, none of them are infamous either. If you're not going to a famous school or to an infamous school, almost nobody cares where your degree is from. Get the degree that best fits your goals, rather than choosing a school that's ranked (for instance) 398 instead of 399.

To be fair, I almost attended UMHB right out of high school. I applied, was accepted, and offered a scholarship but chose not to pursue that route. It's not an amazing school, but it has name recognition in TX/OK/LA. Like A&M Commerce, the "Applied Sciences" degree is really what dampers the *level of* prestige (not implying that these schools are truly prestigious). UMPI is the best bet for competitive grad programs like law, since you can go for the traditional BA/BS degrees while also affordably racking up 60 graded credits.
Associate of Arts in Social and Behavior Sciences (May 2022)
Bachelor of General Studies (In Progress, Texas A&M University-Commerce)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Newbie) Affordable Accelerated Nursing Program CalicoMama 0 44 9 hours ago
Last Post: CalicoMama
  Need an accelerated program to self support myself ClarityandSparkly 5 363 04-10-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 393 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
  post bacc pre med program zadaea 3 505 11-20-2023, 03:13 PM
  Getting into a traditional PHD program after degree hacking? deuil 7 1,043 11-04-2023, 11:58 AM
  Advice for affordable PsyD program kai1120 4 696 07-18-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: kai1120
  Need help finding a graduate program that will take really old TV Production Credits lisarox 21 1,786 05-15-2023, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  CLEP program for Bachelor degree in Computer Science, International Students afidegnum 11 1,397 09-26-2022, 12:13 PM
Star Please Help Choosing a New Degree Program javabeanstudio 13 1,627 06-06-2022, 02:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Chances of getting into Columbia/NYU Psychology program Jubilant 8 1,255 02-20-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP