Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BABA PM&IS OR LM
Hello, posting here for advice.

Looking to complete the UMPI BABA PM degree OR the LM in the least amount of time possible, but realize I will miss the cutoff for the next enrollment, meaning I will have to enroll for May I believe or is it a start when you want program?
Working through the credit options found from the wiki has been incredibly easy for me, I have achieved the bulk of them in less than 10 days, is this a problem? I mean will UMPI be critical of me achieving all of my credits in a short period of time?

Budget: not fussed, cheaper is better.
Commitments: Leadership position in multinational corporation, thus work full time, can commit any required amount of time to study.
Timeline: Ideally 6 months or less.
What kind of degree do you want? Bachelors.

These are all of the Sophia Credits I have acquired in the past 10 days:
Introduction to Business (3)
Introduction to Information Technology (3)
Introduction to Web Development (3)
Introductions to Networking (3)
Introduction to Python Programming (3)
Introduction to Relational Databases (3)
Macroeconomics (3)
Microeconomics (3)
Business Ethics (3)
Business Communication (3)
Business Law (3)
Critical Thinking (3)

Coursera * is under way
GOOG 0003 (3)
GOOG 0004 (3)*
IBM 0022 (3)*

To complete:
Accounting 301 (3)
Business 303 (3)
Business 304: Leading Organizational Change (3)
Business 209: Mentoring & Leadership Development in the Workplace (3)
Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management (3)
Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (3)
Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior (3)
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management (3)

I think with all of the above, and some other 3/1 cr options from Sophia I will hit the 90 goal within a couple of weeks, but any advice is welcomed.

My questions are as follows: Do I 'sign up' for UMPI now, or do I wait until I have achieved all of my credits before applying?
With the goal of 90 credits am I looking at 1 session or 2?
If the later, how can I bring it down further to 1 session?

Many thanks.
Everyone is required to complete a minimum of 10 courses at UMPI. Some people finish in 1 term, but most are taking 2. It's really up to you how long it takes you to complete the reading material, Milestones, and Final Assessment. You do have to wait for grading so we recommend working on 2 courses at once so you always have something available. The 2 concentrations you're looking at take about the same amount of time.
@jac0b, basically what ss20ts said... My usual recommendation is to get the balanced mix/match of the trifecta of certs, degree, experience. You need to decide which one is for you, either M&L or PM&IS would do, at the end of the day... The degree is still a Business Admin with a different concentration. Both actually has the classes (or most of the 3-4) that will transfer to the MAOL later on, it won't really make a difference which way you slice things.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-28-2024, 03:58 AM)jac0b Wrote: Working through the credit options found from the wiki has been incredibly easy for me, I have achieved the bulk of them in less than 10 days, is this a problem? I mean will UMPI be critical of me achieving all of my credits in a short period of time?

Going through courses quickly isn't a problem. Your UMPI transcript won't show how fast you completed your alternative credits.

One person completed 10 UMPI courses in 10 days, though they were studying for 12 hours a day.

The speed at which you can complete a course varies by individual and your previous experience. I would estimate around 10-40 hours per course on average.

There is no limit to how many courses you can transfer into UMPI, though you must complete 30 credits with UMPI. So, you could transfer over 90 credits and take a few extra courses at Sophia or Coursera to add to your UMPI transcript. Additionally, you could pursue a double minor at UMPI.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Get this, you're about 15 years younger than me, as I mentioned earlier, do the trifecta of certs, degree, experience.  Basically, what I think you should do is to try getting the UMPI BABA PM & IS in 1 session for $1500 + cost for alternative credits through Coursera/Sophia.org, etc (make sure to take the classes that transfer into the MAOL).  Then ladder that up to the UMPI MAOL for another session for $2150 flat, that would only cost you $3650 for UMPI + $79 for Sophia.org, so under $4K USD, you get an RA BA/MA!

The UMPI 10 courses in 10 days thread referenced earlier is here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...in-10-days
Here's a thread from today, UMPI BLS double minor in 8 days: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-in-8-days
Here's an example of someone completing the WGU MSCIA in 7 days: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid409742
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 101 04-24-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 166 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  New Member with a UMPI Question colonelcamp 13 480 04-19-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,225 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 558 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 634 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,103 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,429 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  UMPI Psy Degree Help Priszilla 12 981 04-06-2024, 04:37 PM
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 417 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts