Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert is dead - what now?
Hey guys! It's been a few months since I posted here, I was planning on applying at UMPI (BABA PM & MIS) by the end of this year, but I got a new job opportunity and I dedicated myself 100% to it so I had to postpone my plans.

I'm back now and it seems that I need to make some adjustments to my Degree Plan.
Since I read that basically ICC will be officially useless for UMPI students by Jan 2023 I have 2 questions.

1. I can no longer take American Government to fulfill 5E. Is there any alternative source to fill this gap that you could recommend? Besides taking it at UMPI, I already have 12 classes mostly UL and well, I'm feeling a bit insecure about adding more and still finishing in 2 terms.

2. I still have a month and a half to take Managerial Accounting. My question is, will it still be valid for credit once I try to transfer it in sometime in 2023? Even though it will be past the expiration date?

Thank you so much.
Goal:
UMPI - BABA Project Management & Information Systems

In progress:

Completed
Study.com - 6/6 courses
Sophia.org - 20 courses
IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate

American Government is a super easy class at UMPI. You can finish it in just a few days. The course content is very short. The Final Assessment is 1500 words. It's an easy A. Honestly, I wouldn't pay to take it elsewhere. I'd want that easy A factored into my GPA.

Whatever credits you earn while a course is ACE approved, then they will transfer to UMPI even after they expire.
(11-13-2022, 04:24 PM)kylan11 Wrote: Hey guys! It's been a few months since I posted here, I was planning on applying at UMPI (BABA PM & MIS) by the end of this year, but I got a new job opportunity and I dedicated myself 100% to it so I had to postpone my plans.

I'm back now and it seems that I need to make some adjustments to my Degree Plan.
Since I read that basically ICC will be officially useless for UMPI students by Jan 2023 I have 2 questions.

1. I can no longer take American Government to fulfill 5E. Is there any alternative source to fill this gap that you could recommend? Besides taking it at UMPI, I already have 12 classes mostly UL and well, I'm feeling a bit insecure about adding more and still finishing in 2 terms.

2. I still have a month and a half to take Managerial Accounting. My question is, will it still be valid for credit once I try to transfer it in sometime in 2023? Even though it will be past the expiration date?

Thank you so much.

I don't think ICC offered anything that can't be done elsewhere.  SDC offers American Government, and there's always been the CLEP exam.  Same goes for other courses that you may have wanted to take at ICC.  Just ask, and we can tell you an alternative.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-13-2022, 04:24 PM)Ckylan11 Wrote: Hey guys! It's been a few months since I posted here, I was planning on applying at UMPI (BABA PM & MIS) by the end of this year, but I got a new job opportunity and I dedicated myself 100% to it so I had to postpone my plans.

Thank you so much.
Honestly Amer Gov at UMPI is really quick! I started it on the first day of the term 8/29 and finished it on 8/30. But, since you have time until the January start date, you could just do it at Study.com. I totally understand not wanting to add any additional courses if it’s not necessary. Or, take one of the harder BUS courses on Study and do Am Gov at UMPI??
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jennr2z's post:
  • upgrayedd
@kylan11, apply and send in your transcripts right away as there were reports of issues actually getting into the program. You want to double check or triple check with the admissions/advisors you're really 'in January' before the application deadline (not a couple days before your start date). To answer your questions...

1) Take the course at UMPI if you can't take it at ICC anymore. How do you know you have 12 courses left without an evaluation? Can't you transfer in more?
2) If you've taken the course while it has the recommendation for credit, you're good. Add it to your credly and it'll be there for transfer later whne you're ready.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm not planning to enroll for the January term. I'm nowhere near ready yet. I'll most likely be done by Spring 2023.

(11-14-2022, 12:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 1) Take the course at UMPI if you can't take it at ICC anymore. How do you know you have 12 courses left without an evaluation? Can't you transfer in more?
I'm making an estimation with resources on this forum, wiki, and the official transfer database. I'm aware that the academic advisor has the final say. I don't think I can currently transfer in more due to the minimum residency UL requirements.

Here's my degree plan, if you're curious. Hopefully you will find it in the Finalized Degree Plans section sometime in the next year.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...ue&sd=true
Goal:
UMPI - BABA Project Management & Information Systems

In progress:

Completed
Study.com - 6/6 courses
Sophia.org - 20 courses
IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate

(11-23-2022, 03:59 AM)kylan11 Wrote: I'm not planning to enroll for the January term. I'm nowhere near ready yet. I'll most likely be done by Spring 2023.

Spring 2023 is the January term. Do you mean Summer?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert Transfer jb0433 7 1,212 11-23-2022, 02:47 AM
Last Post: peonyplenty
  InstantCert Spanish Transfer to UMPI jb0433 11 1,472 05-20-2022, 01:20 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree Plan - Sophia/Straightliner/Instantcert/Study.com aswan 13 2,369 03-11-2022, 07:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Exams on UMPI vs Study.com / InstantCert MrPhilipp 11 2,531 03-02-2022, 03:11 PM
Last Post: uncoolbilly