Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI Brother vs Sister Battle of 2022
Big Grin 
Firstly, thanks to all the great contributors that have supplied the forum with countless shares of value. My sister and I, have pressed almost every link and secured as many tips as possible.

Ok...Now on to the more important topic!! We are pretty much neck and neck with me having the slight edge due to completing Biology Lab, 201: Critical Thinking & Analysis and BUS: 312 Advanced Operations Management at Study.com (she's in the process). This post is a chance to place your bets on a winner and to share a master overview of how all of my credits transferred in (as of June 2022). The file attached is slightly different than many of the files I've seen however, the layout is how it reads from completed courses (UMPI equivalent) more efficient to do at UMPI courses (ENG 101 Composition I, ENG 121 Composition II, MAT: 140 Mathematics for Business, BUS 200: Intermediate Business Computing) and 10 required UMPI Upper-Level courses. Since three courses from the BABA transfer into the MAOL degree, I have included that information because it can be inspiring to see how close you are to the next goal if you so desire.

Thanks again, and best of luck to those that come after me.

KSoul

Attached Files
.xlsx   UMPI Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration – Management & Leadership.xlsx (Size: 344.49 KB / Downloads: 121)
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
The two of your wouldn't happen to be fraternal twins now would you? Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ly-Rivalry
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The gig is up - our secret has been exposed Cool  . From the info in the article, they might be competing at a slightly higher level than us; however, let's see who earns their degree first.
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
RANSOMSOUL
Another competition could be who gets the higher GPA at UMPI.

In the case of a tie of 4.0, you could break it down to the decimal as long as there was a least one A- earned.

Document your journey, submit an article to medium.com or another news site after this is finished, and give a shout-out to Degreeform.net Smile
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-21-2022, 04:41 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Another competition could be who gets the higher GPA at UMPI.

In the case of a tie of 4.0, you could break it down to the decimal as long as there was a least one A- earned.

Document your journey, submit an article to medium.com or another news site after this is finished, and give a shout-out to Degreeform.net Smile

Love the suggestions, and my sister is all about this type of bragging rights. Every exam passed, and her first question was 'What was your score'? The fact that I am leading at the moment is driving her crazy. She keeps asking my dad about ways she can catch up or looks for confirmation bias that she will be able to catch up. But she's super sharp, so I have a hard fun battle ahead.
RANSOMSOUL
If you don't mind, how did you find the Google Analytics certificate? How long did it take you?

I'm in the process of maximising transfer credits, the certificate is intriguing to me, but have to size up the effort Vs reward vs desire ratios...
(06-21-2022, 09:19 PM)MidLifeCrisis Wrote: If you don't mind, how did you find the Google Analytics certificate? How long did it take you?

I'm in the process of maximising transfer credits, the certificate is intriguing to me, but have to size up the effort Vs reward vs desire ratios...

Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate

I enjoy the subject, so really not a good example to use for the course duration. In addition, I put my full attention into the course, which is also a huge reason I could knock it out. Long build up to answer that Coursera has a 7-day free trial $39 a month membership.

The course was free for me.  Smile

My sister is a rock star in math - she signed up for ALEKS a few years back and, in one month, did College Algebra, PreCalculus,  Introduction to Statistics Business, and Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences. I went into ALEKS thinking I would have a similar experience, and let's say, I fell a little short.

You will enjoy the Google course. It is challenging and also very rewarding. You feel like you have accomplished something cool when you finish.
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • Pikachu
(06-21-2022, 10:10 PM)KSoul Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 09:19 PM)MidLifeCrisis Wrote: If you don't mind, how did you find the Google Analytics certificate? How long did it take you?

I enjoy the subject, so really not a good example to use for the course duration. In addition, I put my full attention into the course, which is also a huge reason I could knock it out. Long build up to answer that Coursera has a 7-day free trial $39 a month membership.

My sister is a rock star in math - she signed up for ALEKS a few years back and, in one month, did College Algebra, PreCalculus,  Introduction to Statistics Business, and Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences. I went into ALEKS thinking I would have a similar experience, and let's say, I fell a little short.

You will enjoy the Google course. It is challenging and also very rewarding. You feel like you have accomplished something cool when you finish.
FYI -

Coursera Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate transfers in as:

3 credits for BUS 245
6 credits for COS 1XX (elective credits) 

If you are interested in the BABA Project Management it fills BUS 245 course + 6 electives. And for any other degree, it gives you 9 electives. If you can finish the 7-day trial that's 9 credits for free and even if it takes one-two months, that's 9 credits for $39-$78 dollars.
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 2 users Like KSoul's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
(06-22-2022, 09:18 AM)KSoul Wrote:

FYI -

3 credits for BUS 245

If you are interested in the BABA Project Management it fills BUS 245 course + 6 electives. And for any other degree, it gives you 9 electives. If you can finish the 7-day trial that's 9 credits for free and even if it takes one-two months, that's 9 credits for $39-$78 dollars.

Innnnnnnnnnteresting. I need to fill BUS 245 and I've been meaning to take a couple of those Google certs in all the free time I don't have.
(06-22-2022, 09:34 AM)BarleyWhine Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 09:18 AM)KSoul Wrote:

FYI -

3 credits for BUS 245

Innnnnnnnnnteresting. I need to fill BUS 245 and I've been meaning to take a couple of those Google certs in all the free time I don't have.

Send some my way when you find free time because I always need extra. I wonder how the workload of BUS 245 matches up against completing the Cert. The Google Cert is an easy call if you can use the additional six credits and plan to work in the PM field.
RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 23 4 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 69 9 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 37 10 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,205 Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,369 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 435 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 320 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 289 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 419 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,949 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78