Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Classes
It's been awhile since I've posted, I've been very busy. I started UMPI YourPace about 6 1/2 weeks ago and I've fully finished 3 classes, I'm awaiting feedback on another assessment and still have to finish one other class. Overall, I love the set up of this program. It's truly incredible to get the classes and do well. 

My only problem so far has been French. I just failed it and was given no feedback. I made all the changes that were requested from my rough draft and submitted for my final assessment and here I am 3 days later and failed with no clue why. I really don't want to take it again because it wasn't the easiest class for me and I honestly worked harder in French than any other class! I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience, and if so what happened? How did you handle it? I've emailed the instructor AND my Academic Advisor but I've yet to hear anything. I'm stressed and freaking out as drafts are due for all classes this Friday for review and it is sneaking up FAST.
(04-27-2021, 09:50 PM)KrisMcCar Wrote: It's been awhile since I've posted, I've been very busy. I started UMPI YourPace about 6 1/2 weeks ago and I've fully finished 3 classes, I'm awaiting feedback on another assessment and still have to finish one other class. Overall, I love the set up of this program. It's truly incredible to get the classes and do well. 

My only problem so far has been French. I just failed it and was given no feedback. I made all the changes that were requested from my rough draft and submitted for my final assessment and here I am 3 days later and failed with no clue why. I really don't want to take it again because it wasn't the easiest class for me and I honestly worked harder in French than any other class! I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience, and if so what happened? How did you handle it? I've emailed the instructor AND my Academic Advisor but I've yet to hear anything. I'm stressed and freaking out as drafts are due for all classes this Friday for review and it is sneaking up FAST.

Is your French Professor Anabela Mendes?
(04-27-2021, 10:18 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 09:50 PM)KrisMcCar Wrote: It's been awhile since I've posted, I've been very busy. I started UMPI YourPace about 6 1/2 weeks ago and I've fully finished 3 classes, I'm awaiting feedback on another assessment and still have to finish one other class. Overall, I love the set up of this program. It's truly incredible to get the classes and do well. 

Is your French Professor Anabela Mendes?
YES!!! I literally have no idea what to do to change my paper. I kind of wonder if she even read my Final because all the changes she told me to make... I did! I have scrutinized this paper AND had a French teacher look at it and she said she needs me to review the 'rubric' assignment. I don't know if I'm making sense, but I literally don't know what else to change in order to meet her standards.

OH, and NO changes needed to be made to my oral exam, her words... it was PERFECTION!!! None of this makes a whole lot of sense to me and I'm literally lost on how to pass.
Have you emailed me to talk about your concerns? I emailed her a ton of questions when I took Spanish. She sent me videos to watch to help me.
(04-28-2021, 08:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Have you emailed me to talk about your concerns? I emailed her a ton of questions when I took Spanish. She sent me videos to watch to help me.

I did email her, she just keeps sending the same information. She sent me an example to use, which I did. The feedback she gave me was only on my first draft though. I got no feedback on my Final, just a 'not mastered'. I emailed her again to request further clarification ... I have just over 500 words, it's formatted correctly, I have all of my verbiage in present tense and answered every question that was requested and I have 6 paragraphs. Previously I only had 487 words, I actually missed the section that said 500 words so I improved that, checked and rechecked all of my verbs, and ensured I answered every single prompt... very difficult to write academically in only present simple tense, BUT I did it. I even got a 4 on the rubric for interesting... I got a 3 in the other sections and a 2 for format. I quadruple checked my format.
I sent her an email too and I got a perfect score on my French final. What kind of feedback did she give? Is it written like a personal biography or is it just her questions and answers?

She was really communicative with me.
So I am realizing now that I didn't update. I have to apologize, I was EXTREMELY stressed about that French Final on top of life itself. I feel like there was just some communication error between us somehow , I'm not sure. I reviewed and scrutinized my paper and really only changed a couple things, as in switching words around and ended up mastering the course. I'm not sure what it was about those few words , and when I say few... I mean few... that failed me, but I passed and that's what matters in the end!

I'm now awaiting all of my classes to update with grades and post to my transcript, only two out of the six I took have grades as of now. I also started in the traditional pathway for my remaining few classes as they weren't available through the YourPace. Interestingly enough, the class that I'm taking right now is set up quite similarly to the YourPace (I actually had started the same course and it was an overwhelming amount of work for the week and a half that I gave myself to do it in). There are more projects, and peer interactions, but I can advance as quickly as I want, just like the Your Pace. I really like the set up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KrisMcCar's post:
  • Novo
Awesome, I'm glad you got it sorted!

Just a few words can make a lot of difference! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jZE6y-uGJQ
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Novo
(05-08-2021, 08:53 PM)KrisMcCar Wrote: So I am realizing now that I didn't update. I have to apologize, I was EXTREMELY stressed about that French Final on top of life itself. I feel like there was just some communication error between us somehow , I'm not sure.  I reviewed and scrutinized my paper and really only changed a couple things, as in switching words around and ended up mastering the course. I'm not sure what it was about those few words , and when I say few... I mean few... that failed me, but I passed and that's what matters in the end!

I'm now awaiting all of my classes to update with grades and post to my transcript, only two out of the six I took have grades as of now. I also started in the traditional pathway for my remaining few classes as they weren't available through the YourPace. Interestingly enough, the class that I'm taking right now is set up quite similarly to the YourPace (I actually had started the same course and it was an overwhelming amount of work for the week and a half that I gave myself to do it in). There are more projects, and peer interactions, but I can advance as quickly as I want, just like the Your Pace. I really like the set up.

So glad to hear the class worked out for you! Sometimes all it takes is a few words. What classes are you taking in the traditional pathway? What degree are you going for which you can't complete on YourPace?
très bien mon amie - I'm still confused on what actually happened... anyways, what matters is that you passed French!  Question for you, did you have some French experience under your belt or did you start from scratch?  I think it would be amazing if you can cram that amount of French in such a short amount of time.  For newbies heading into UMPI, I think it may be easier to take a course at InstantCert or Study.com and just transfer that in...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,350 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 425 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 308 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What accounting classes require exams or paper? I have 11 classes left Sarajane 6 294 04-14-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: anthony3070
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 284 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 411 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,561 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 325 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 306 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 342 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM