Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI - Some Questions and Answers
So, I emailed UMPI to get more details for everyone.  Here are their answers for the questions I had...

Question: 1) What perks do Canadians get?  I understand that Canadians get the same tuition as in-state resident students, is this the only perk or is there anything else that isn't listed on the website?

Question: 2) If a student is interested in a BAS and an AALS, can they get the AALS en route to completing the BAS?  For example, they complete the AALS in one term and then work on the BAS, having everything from the AALS transfer over to the BAS.

Question: 3) If a student has almost completed the courses for an AAS and hasn't graduated yet, can they still apply for the BAS?  For example, a student might want to complete a few courses at UMPI and transfer them into the AAS program and then start the process to complete the BAS at UMPI.

Answer: 1) To answer your first question, tuition rate for Canadian Students is the same as what instate students would pay.  As far as my knowledge that would be the only perk that I can think of. 

Answer: 2 & 3) It's no problem to do both. The easiest way to do so is to matriculate into the BAS program, and ask your professional academic advisor to also set you up with the Associate's program. That way the Bachelor's program will be the primary one, and you'll still be considered an active student without having to reapply, etc.

Doh!  I forgot to indicate this is for YourPace... so, I may need to email them again to re-confirm if this applies to the YourPace option as well.  I highly doubt there will be a change to the requirement as YourPace is a medium/mode for learning and not a degree requirement due to system change.  I'll email them and wait for a reply...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
I like question one. Too bad I’m not Canadian
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(05-15-2021, 05:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Question: 1) What perks do Canadians get?  I understand that Canadians get the same tuition as in-state resident students, is this the only perk or is there anything else that isn't listed on the website?
[. . .] I forgot to indicate this is for YourPace... so, I may need to email them again to re-confirm if this applies to the YourPace option as well.  I highly doubt there will be a change to the requirement as YourPace is a medium/mode for learning and not a degree requirement due to system change.  I'll email them and wait for a reply...

This wouldn't make a difference anyway, would it? I thought YourPace programmes were one flat rate for everyone, regardless of residency or nationality.
Let us know when you email back. These sound like answers for the Brick school not the digital online one.

The only people who can make the enrollment decisions for YourPace are Jessica and Carolyn. So make sure it’s one of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • ss20ts
Update - My email to them:

That's so awesome.  I'll let my cousin know as he is really interested in this degree program from UMPI.  He's looking to complete an Associates in Applied Science from his current institution.

Since he has some courses left to take, he would like to take those at UMPI (example English I and II, and some general education/free electives) and transfer them back into his current program.

Once he is done with the program, he would like to complete his BAS with a minor in Management Information Systems if there is an option for that, if not, then a BLS Minor in MIS.

Actually, I have one more question:  Does this work for the "Online YourPace" CBE programs as well?  Thanks again for your help!

Update - Their answer to me:

I don't see why not. As long as all of the courses you are taking are offered through YourPace, they would all fall under the flat-rate tuition provided to YourPace students.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Seems like a better use of $$$ is to complete as many ACE credits for as cheaply as possible and complete the bachelor's degree for as little $$$ and time as possible. But to each's own.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,337 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 422 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 305 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 281 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 405 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,451 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 324 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 306 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 342 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 1,022 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567