Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
UMPI Sophia Transfer Equivalent List & Objectives
There has been a lot of people interested in UMPI since ss20ts started on it and I enrolled after talking to him and posted my Sophia.org equievelents. However, some people have been picking mine and ss20ts' transfers apart. I have put up a wiki page of how exactly Sophia.org transferred in as equivalents to UMPI's YourPace program:

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents

As ss20ts has said many times on other threads, your advisor has final say. It may transfer in differently for you. Depending on your degree program your advisor may move things around back/forth. The wiki page is direct from my degree progress report. The transfer audit & degree progress reports are two entirely different pieces of information. Things can fit in a lot of places and your advisor decides where. 

UMPI is super responsive about transfer questions. If you want to check if X, Y, Z transfer in as X, Y, Z they will answer. They seem to be very fond of Sophia & Straighterline. But, any study.com courses I asked to transfer in I got told it's not worth it.
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • crotique, Pikachu, ss20ts
That's very interesting that Art History doesn't come in for the arts portion of the GEC under learning objective 2E. I'm surprised about the math courses too!
(12-27-2020, 12:28 AM)ss20ts Wrote: That's very interesting that Art History doesn't come in for the arts portion of the GEC under learning objective 2E. I'm surprised about the math courses too!

What's really weird for me is a lot of the GEC wasn't even necessary or even included in my degree plan which threw me off! I should PM you a full page screenshot of it! They did most of the audit before I gave them my ADA notes.
(12-27-2020, 12:28 AM)ss20ts Wrote: That's very interesting that Art History doesn't come in for the arts portion of the GEC under learning objective 2E. I'm surprised about the math courses too!

When looking at what counts where, are you guys going by the catalog on the main page? Because that's where I'm getting my info on the GEC.  I gave the info for the science courses already, this one is for the "art" section.

Section 2 - Critical & Creative Thinking has 5 subsections (a, b, c, d, & e).
Intro to Ethics counts for part a;
Ethics, Psych or Soc count for part b;
English Comp II counts for part c;
Art History I or II counts for part e.
Part d is the hands-on portion of art - things like drawing, ceramics, sculpture, creative writing, photography, etc.

When I look at these, it's very easy for me to see why Art History won't count for Section 2d - just like I could easily see why a non-lab science wouldn't work in Section 3e.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-27-2020, 07:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

When looking at what counts where, are you guys going by the catalog on the main page? Because that's where I'm getting my info on the GEC.  I gave the info for the science courses already, this one is for the "art" section.

Part d is the hands-on portion of art - things like drawing, ceramics, sculpture, creative writing, photography, etc.

When I look at these, it's very easy for me to see why Art History won't count for Section 2d - just like I could easily see why a non-lab science wouldn't work in Section 3e.
With your analysis I assume it hard to get alternative credit source to fill those requirement of UMPI, it seems be ending paying more in terms than if do it normally through the big 3.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
One of the big things about the GEC I noticed is you don’t need them all. For some degree plans some classes can fulfill multiple and they skip some requirements.

The best way to know for sure is transfer all of your alternative credit to UMPI. The application and the transfer via acclaim is now free. It won’t cost you anything to find out how much you have left to do.
(12-27-2020, 10:22 PM)gams007 Wrote:
With your analysis I assume it hard to get alternative credit source to fill those requirement of UMPI, it seems be ending paying more in terms than if do it normally through the big 3.

I will graduate after completing 3 terms. So I spent $4,200 at UMPI. I will have taken 16 courses at UMPI when I graduate. Definitely less than the Big 3. I know because I was accepted at EC and needed far more courses. Those UL courses are a pain to get for EC. They REALLY want you to take their courses.

The Spring Term 1 is my final term. I have 4 courses left. My plan is to complete them within 4 weeks not the full 8 weeks. Fall Term 2 was my second term and I completed 8 courses. I took 7 weeks to complete them even though the term is 8 weeks long.

I'm reviewing my degree audit and the current catalog. Art History from Sophia doesn't count at all for the GEC. I specifically stated it didn't count in 2E.. Ashkir took both and they were not included on his GEC.

(12-27-2020, 10:58 PM)ashkir Wrote: One of the big things about the GEC I noticed is you don’t need them all. For some degree plans some classes can fulfill multiple and they skip some requirements.

The best way to know for sure is transfer all of your alternative credit to UMPI. The application and the transfer via acclaim is now free. It won’t cost you anything to find out how much you have left to do.

Yes, some courses will fulfill multiple GEC learning objectives, but you still need 40 GEC credits. I always recommend applying and submitting your transcripts if you are even remotely interested in UMPI. The application is free and you'll see where you stand and what is left to complete one of their degrees. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
I see a lot higher tuition then $4200
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(12-28-2020, 04:41 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: I see a lot higher tuition then $4200

$4,200 is what I personally spent on tuition. It took me 3 terms to complete my degree. I'll have taken 16 courses over 3 terms when I graduate in March. Your mileage may vary. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • gams007, Pikachu
(12-28-2020, 04:53 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 04:41 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: I see a lot higher tuition then $4200

$4,200 is what I personally spent on tuition. It took me 3 terms to complete my degree. I'll have taken 16 courses over 3 terms when I graduate in March. Your mileage may vary. 

3 terms is around 6 months of hard study and I think you can not pause the term once you pay it.
Imagine if you have to take the whole degree that's around 40 courses, it depends on how good you dominate a material, if those courses are like the ones sophia has it's more easy for me.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,337 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 422 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 305 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 3 190 04-13-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 281 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 213 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 405 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  Micro bio, Sophia learningthehardway 10 275 04-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,451 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
Rainbow GEC Critical & Creative Thinking Learning Objective D - Sophia equivalents? mythomagician 2 201 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM