Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USAF OTS application - No GPA through TESC
Just take note that things in the Air Force are interpreted "black and white", meaning not a lot of room for reading in between the lines. I think your best bet may be the AA argument. Good luck.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I'm SA - who Cookderosa wanted me to chime in.

Every service has different requirements - so to the poster who posted the AF regulation, that is the route to go. If the recruiter won't budge, make an appointment with the commanding officer of the recruiting battalion.

Good luck!
Shawn A Wrote:I'm SA - who Cookderosa wanted me to chime in.

Every service has different requirements - so to the poster who posted the AF regulation, that is the route to go. If the recruiter won't budge, make an appointment with the commanding officer of the recruiting battalion.

Good luck!

Thanks Shawn!
Also, ask your BESO what they think. I just went through the OTS application process. The application will go up to AFPC with no GPA on it. The only thing they will have will be your transcripts and your Form 56. They then use the transcripts to calculate your GPA before your package goes to the board. My assumption is they will use the grades they see on your transcripts to calculate your GPA. If I remember correctly, the top of the Form 56 has a letter grade formula for determining GPA's. Good luck with your app. I got picked up for 13S!
Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle projected 2014
B.S Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle 2012
A.A.S Aviation Maintenance Technology, CCAF 2011
A.A.S Instructor of Military Science, CCAF 2011
Thanks Prioko and ShawnA (and Jennifer for finding ShawnA!) for providing ideas. Jeff080 - yesterday the recruiter made the request for official transcripts from all sources and she will calculate the GPA based on original sources. TESC said best they could do was provide a complete degree eval with all incoming grades on it, but no GPA. That's when Recruiter asked for official source transcripts. At least it is moving forward. Thanks for the help guys.
Cheri ~ Homeschooling to College facilitator
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
Awesome, glad I could help. One thing, whatever happens, DO NOT GIVE UP! If you want it bad enough the recruiter will take notice and that will help you out. It will also show in your application. These are all things board members love to see. Again, good luck.
Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle projected 2014
B.S Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle 2012
A.A.S Aviation Maintenance Technology, CCAF 2011
A.A.S Instructor of Military Science, CCAF 2011
I am a little late on this one, but for anyone dealing with military recruiting: always ask if there is a waiver. There are far more waivers available than what most people think. It takes recruiters a while to realize this themselves.
UptonSinclair Wrote:I am a little late on this one, but for anyone dealing with military recruiting: always ask if there is a waiver. There are far more waivers available than what most people think. It takes recruiters a while to realize this themselves.

UptonSinclair is absolutely right. If the military will grant you a waiver for being a convicted felon, I'm sure someone will find a waiver for not having a GPA. I'm sure it's happening fairly often now, as many schools are moving to Non-GPA programs, such as WGU.
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
publius2k4 Wrote:UptonSinclair is absolutely right. If the military will grant you a waiver for being a convicted felon, I'm sure someone will find a waiver for not having a GPA. I'm sure it's happening fairly often now, as many schools are moving to Non-GPA programs, such as WGU.

10 Years ago this may be true but not no more. Those days are over and they do not do Waviers DUIs, Drug Possessions, etc. You need a GPA with your OTS Package. and OTS for the USAF is a nationwide selection. Not as easy to get into the military these days like it use to be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Application Fee Waiver ECH90 2 2,623 09-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU Waiving Application Fee for Military Iamtehking 0 1,619 04-21-2017, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Iamtehking
  Syracuse University VCTP Application for May 2017 Cohort jmeitrem 0 1,441 01-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: jmeitrem
  Penn State World campus offering application fee waiver for military deuce2w 0 1,502 12-28-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: deuce2w
  TESC Automatic Military Credit Eval Prloko 2 1,433 04-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  USAF and the ACT OfficerA 1 934 01-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Last Post: smf6824
  TESC MDCP question GMT 5 1,302 09-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: GMT
  How to get a signed degree plan from TESC for MilTA? (USAF) OfficerA 6 1,970 08-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: bricabrac
  (USAF) Other than instructor duty and cross-training (I think), what's CCAF for? OfficerA 5 1,632 05-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Post 9/11 and TESC 50% Eligibility mm1988 14 2,074 10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Vandalet