Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post 9/11 and TESC 50% Eligibility
I qualified for 50% of the Post 9/11 GI Bill. If I select the enrolled option at TESC, and enroll in one course. Will the VA pay 50% of the enrollment fee and the course tuition, or 50 % of the course tuition and the full enrollment fee? Also can you use TA and the GI Bill, if the GI Bill doesn't cover the full tuition?
I can't answer your question, but wanted to pass along advice I've read on this and the other forum. If you plan to use CLEP, DSST, and other CBEs to earn your degree it is worthwhile to save your GI Bill for further educational endeavors.(masters, PhD. etc.)

Just something to keep in mind.....
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
Post 911 GI Bill was designed to cover 100% tuition. When I enrolled into TESC I never paid an enrollment fee since I was put into the MDCP. I think that 50% of Post 911 GI Bill you are referring to is the amount of funding you have left until you run out. I would definitely call a military advisor at the college and find out what you need to do to get into the MDCP.

If you are active duty right now, I would use TA and save your GI Bill for a Masters or a second Bachelors and then a Masters (you cant get a Phd with GI Bill)
2014 MBA Management & Strategy - WGU
2013 BS
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology - TESC
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS
Nuclear Engineering Technology - TESC

[/SIZE]
dposborne Wrote:.....(you cant get a Phd with GI Bill)

Do you have any sources on that?

I've never read that about the Phd, and can't find anything on the VA website.
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ironheadjack Wrote:Do you have any sources on that?

I've never read that about the Phd, and can't find anything on the VA website.

That's actually what the VA told me when I called them about it along with other questions I had when I was going through getting my BS.

That's odd though, when I googled about it, everything is saying that you can. I never thought of digging further about it since the VA told me what they did. Maybe I was mistaken?
2013 BS
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS

[/SIZE]
dposborne Wrote:That's actually what the VA told me when I called them about it along with other questions I had when I was going through getting my BS.

That's odd though, when I googled about it, everything is saying that you can. I never thought of digging further about it since the VA told me what they did. Maybe I was mistaken?

Perhaps you were simply misinformed. I can't find anything definitive on the VA website that says you cannot use your Post 9/11 for a doctorate. All I can find is Yahoo answers with people saying it is acceptable. And I believe a gentlemen on the other forum earned his J.D. using the GI Bill.
Arnold Fletcher Award

I think this has gotten way off topic. Dposborne, the post 9/11 has eligibility percentages based on the time that you have served on active duty. Everyone does not get 100%, that is only if you have had three years of active duty service. I will just email TESC, and post their reply.
To go back off topic, will TA not cover all of the tuition? I'm sure you have your reasons, but just curious as to why you wouldnt save your GI Bill till you could hit 100%(might take a while if you are a reservist). If you are AD you are not gonna get the housing stipend anyways.
Intro to Computing - 67; Ethics in America - 53; Analyzing & Interpreting Lit - 53; Principles of Management - 58; Lifespan Dev Psyc - 51; Human Resource Management - 46; Info Sys & comp Applications - 61; Principles of Supervision - 47; Human Cultural Geography - 51; Public Speaking - 55; College Mathmatics - 55; College Comp w/essay - 53; Technical Writing - 59;
Vandalet Wrote:To go back off topic, will TA not cover all of the tuition? I'm sure you have your reasons, but just curious as to why you wouldnt save your GI Bill till you could hit 100%(might take a while if you are a reservist). If you are AD you are not gonna get the housing stipend anyways.

I am a reservist, I gained that from my deployment. I will not have anymore active duty time, I will ETS in 1.5 years. TA will cover 18 units, the residency requirement is 24 units. I just want to take my remaining 12 units and graduate, therefore I would only use 12 weeks of my benefits for a bachelors degree. The rest could be used towards a master's degree. However, I was trying to see if it would cover the $1600 enrollment fee.
mm1988 Wrote:I think this has gotten way off topic. Dposborne, the post 9/11 has eligibility percentages based on the time that you have served on active duty. Everyone does not get 100%, that is only if you have had three years of active duty service. I will just email TESC, and post their reply.

This is why I stated that 50% is probably the amount of funding you have left...
2013 BS
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS

[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7 months of post 9/11 after completing masters subhuman 4 2,298 02-08-2018, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  no more collecting Post 9/11 Bill and Unemployment at the same time Life Long Learning 6 1,906 02-21-2016, 05:05 AM
Last Post: jadae@wgu.edu
  Using the Post 9/11 GI Bill - webinar Life Long Learning 0 1,236 01-01-2016, 02:21 PM
  TESC Automatic Military Credit Eval Prloko 2 1,462 04-24-2015, 11:53 PM
  Post 9/11 GI Bill and Excelsior College Exams Leherself 9 3,676 04-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  A word of caution if using Post 9/11 GI Bill Prloko 9 2,679 01-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  TESC MDCP question GMT 5 1,332 09-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: GMT
  How to get a signed degree plan from TESC for MilTA? (USAF) OfficerA 6 1,994 08-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: bricabrac
  USAF OTS application - No GPA through TESC cframe 18 3,320 09-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Mexirican007
  Gi bill certificate of eligibility superpotsky 2 1,049 03-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Last Post: dposborne