Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USAF OTS application - No GPA through TESC
Is there a current USAF recruiter who could field this one?

Graduated from local community college with AS - GPA awarded
Graduated from TESC with BA - all transferred credits NO GPA on transcript
Currently finishing Masters at APU -will have GPA

Recruiter is clear that GPA from BA is required to move application through.

Your assistance is appreciated!
Cheri ~ Homeschooling to College facilitator
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
Do they require an official GPA on the TESC transcript or can this be a calculated GPA based on all your graded coursework?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Do they require an official GPA on the TESC transcript or can this be a calculated GPA based on all your graded coursework?

For speed to get more feedback, I'll chime in and say they want an official GPA from TESC.
There has to be a work-around. Someone here must know something about how to get through this. I thought of one member who isn't real active anymore, I'll pm him and see if he can post here.
Have you tried to contact TESC? A lot of military personnel use them, so you're probably not the first that's had this problem. Their website indicates that they will calculate grades for graduates prior to 2008, and now they require a capstone course in most cases, so current students should have a GPA. Even if you fall in between here they may be willing to do something for you.
Contacting TESC is certainly the next step. Graduation was in 2011. If anyone has worked through this before and has a TESC contact who is THE person to ask, I would love to know.
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
Hopefully, someone who has gone through something similar will give you more specific news, and/or a specific contact at TEST, but if no one does, I'd start with the Office of the Registrar at (609) 984-1180.
Still hoping for a reply from S.A. on this one!
Word from TESC Registrar came through today ~ The school's policy will not allow them to issue a GPA. They will send a paper copy of a completed degree evaluation which shows grades for all courses transferred in. Since they were all A's, the GPA can easily be figured as a 4.0. However, that will not be stated anywhere on the official document.

Not sure where this is headed, but that's where it's at. Any other ideas are welcome.
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
cframe Wrote:Is there a current USAF recruiter who could field this one?

Graduated from local community college with AS - GPA awarded
Graduated from TESC with BA - all transferred credits NO GPA on transcript
Currently finishing Masters at APU -will have GPA

Recruiter is clear that GPA from BA is required to move application through.

Your assistance is appreciated!

Every rule in the military is governed by a regulation. For Air Force Recruiting, it is AFI 36-2001. Here is an excerpt:

"6.2.5.2. Minimum Grade Point Average is the undergraduate institution‘s GPA from the qualifying degree transcript or AF FM 1413, Verification of Schedule Graduation form. GPA waivers will only be considered if the applicant has a total cumulative score of 150 or higher when adding the AFOQT sub-scores of Academic Adaptability (AA), Verbal (V), and Quantitative (Q). A Masters degree or higher GPA will only be considered if applicant does not have a bachelor degree; the lowest level degree‘s GPA will be used as the qualifying GPA."

Now it clearly states a Master's GPA will not suffice. The person can get a GPA waiver if their AFOQT score is above 150 as stated above. The last line says the lowest level degree GPA will be used to qualify. You stated this person has an AA. If you leave it to interpretation, you may argue that the AA is the lowest level degree and that should be the qualifying GPA. If you make that argument, quote the AFI reference above. I'm not sure it will work, but us Air Force people know how to make regs work for us.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Thanks Prioko!

This provides some options. It is good to know the actual wording on the policy. First submission will likely be the Degree Evaluation from TESC with the inclusion of choice wording showing how the GPA could be calculated. But if that fails, AFOQT score was 270, so meets the "above 150" mark.

I appreciate your assistance!
CreditsBeforeCollege.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Application Fee Waiver ECH90 2 2,711 09-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ECH90
  TESU Waiving Application Fee for Military Iamtehking 0 1,639 04-21-2017, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Iamtehking
  Syracuse University VCTP Application for May 2017 Cohort jmeitrem 0 1,454 01-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: jmeitrem
  Penn State World campus offering application fee waiver for military deuce2w 0 1,515 12-28-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: deuce2w
  TESC Automatic Military Credit Eval Prloko 2 1,461 04-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  USAF and the ACT OfficerA 1 952 01-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Last Post: smf6824
  TESC MDCP question GMT 5 1,329 09-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: GMT
  How to get a signed degree plan from TESC for MilTA? (USAF) OfficerA 6 1,988 08-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: bricabrac
  (USAF) Other than instructor duty and cross-training (I think), what's CCAF for? OfficerA 5 1,662 05-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Post 9/11 and TESC 50% Eligibility mm1988 14 2,102 10-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Vandalet