Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya - Bachelor's degree in Software Development
https://studies.uoc.edu/en/bachelors-deg...esentation

It's 100% in English

Cost is 22 EU per credit - 180 ECTS = 4k EU ?

UOC is ranked 2nd in Spain in the Times Young University Rankings.

just to add on - they might accept prior coursework bringing the cost down.

Quote:Credit recognition of prior studies The UOC offers the possibility of recognizing courses in the following cases:

- Prior studies assessment is the process that must be requested by students who wish to validate the studies they have taken at the UOC or any other university. It also includes the recognition of RECAAU credits for participation in cultural, sport-related, representation or voluntary university activities.
- Academic recognition of courses or internships based on the student’s professional experience.
- Credit recognition for students who have completed an advanced-level vocational training programme. Check whether the programme you studied is one that offers this possibility and which courses are recognized for your bachelor’s degree.

https://studies.uoc.edu/documents/12253/...49eb8bf1ba
Quote:Check the conditions for students who are not residents in Spain and do not have a European Union nationality or Andorran nationality.

Quote:Surcharge for non-EU nationals

Students without a European Union nationality, Andorran nationality or permanent residency status in Spain are subject to a 50% surcharge on their enrolment fees (not including optional add-ons).

I think that this means that they only charge you an additional 25-30 euros per degree. They also charge an additional 12 euros per credit for materials, though.

(22.80+12.50) x 180 = 6354€ or approx $7550 USD. TESU would be cheaper and faster for non-Europeans.

Quote:Courses with credit recognition

Students who have had credits recognized or transferred from studies in other universities are entitled to an 80% discount on the credit price.
If you can get any of the free XAMK credits recognized, this could be a way to get the degree more cheaply. But I don't know if they accept them or if you'd get enough accepted to make the whole thing cost less.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-03-2021, 03:52 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
Quote:Check the conditions for students who are not residents in Spain and do not have a European Union nationality or Andorran nationality.

Quote:Surcharge for non-EU nationals

Students without a European Union nationality, Andorran nationality or permanent residency status in Spain are subject to a 50% surcharge on their enrolment fees (not including optional add-ons).

I think that this means that they only charge you an additional 25-30 euros per degree. They also charge an additional 12 euros per credit for materials, though.

(22.80+12.50) x 180 = 6354€ or approx $7550 USD. TESU would be cheaper and faster for non-Europeans.

Quote:Courses with credit recognition

Students who have had credits recognized or transferred from studies in other universities are entitled to an 80% discount on the credit price.
If you can get any of the free XAMK credits recognized, this could be a way to get the degree more cheaply. But I don't know if they accept them or if you'd get enough accepted to make the whole thing cost less.

In the application portal, there's an option to get university courses/qualifications earned outside the EU to be evaluated by them. 

So there is a chance stuff done in the UK/US would get recognized by them, but I didn't follow through with my application. #lazy 

they require you to send them true copies of everything you've done.... by snail mail.
I wanted to add that this school offers a lot more than just a Bachelors in Software Development (as interesting as that might be)
https://www.uoc.edu/portal/en/metodologi...index.html
Its a good university. But they do requiere hard work. Goes normal speed. No accelerated programs as far as I know.
I think you are missing some fees there.

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app
Update: This is an interesting program, I just looked at it a tad bit more and for a 3 year program it's not too bad...
For those members in North America such as the members in the US, you may want to go for TESU/WGU degrees instead.
Tuition Link: https://www.uoc.edu/en/studies/bachelors...ment#price

Price per credit 20.42 €/cr*
Price per credit for tools and learning resources 14.64 €/cr*
Price per credit for recognized courses 4.08 €/cr*

Total for 180 is 7045 Euro, current exchange rate is $7653 USD
This might be a good option for those who go for the Finnish IT degree and need Software Development
Having said that, I would recommend going for their graduate options instead of this degree...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 669 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 280 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 640 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,782 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 571 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 509 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 285 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 863 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,239 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,840 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74