Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University Of The People
I want to have a opinions over this university they have a partnership with Berkeley and credited by deac.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
My understanding is that the cost is very affordable. I think their MBA used to be around $3500.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
I've heard good things about them. Keep in mind, they are NATIONALLY accredited, not REGIONALLY accredited. So you need to know ahead of time if that will be a problem for your career/educational goals. It is a great program for people in some countries without many opportunities. However, in the US, it can be very limiting.

Which programs were you interested in?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(08-21-2018, 07:35 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I've heard good things about them. Keep in mind, they are NATIONALLY accredited, not REGIONALLY accredited. So you need to know ahead of time if that will be a problem for your career/educational goals. It is a great program for people in some countries without many opportunities. However, in the US, it can be very limiting.

Which programs were you interested in?

The AS in Computer Science im interested the problem is that i want to get the credits to be laundered by regional institution like WGU

Please read this from the WGU 

• If you hold an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) from an institution that is recognized as nationally or regionally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, you should clear most of the lower-division general education requirements for a bachelor’s degree in business or information technology. For the Health Professions and Teachers College programs, a course-by-course evaluation is typically required for college credit transfer. See a list of USDE-recognized national and regional accrediting agencies.

• If you’ve earned an A.A.S. (or other applied associate degree), you may be able to clear a significant portion of WGU’s lower-division degree requirements.

• If you have completed college courses but not earned a degree of any type, you may also be able to clear some degree requirements through a course-by-course transcript evaluation.
Learn more ab

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
WGU, APUS, Liberty will accept DEAC towards a degree as transfer credit and you could do a masters through them with a DEAC undergrad degree.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(08-21-2018, 08:18 PM)gams007 Wrote: The AS in Computer Science im interested the problem is that i want to get the credits to be laundered by regional institution like WGU

Just to be clear, when people say laundered it is usually not possible. However, you may be implying something else by that term.

If by laundered you mean you want to transfer them to an RA school that accepts NA school credits, then WGU is a good option. I believe Excelsior will also accept some NA credits. I imagine there are other RA schools who will as well.

However, if by laundered you're talking about credit laundering, as in you want to transfer them to WGU and then on to another school, then that isn't possible. Each college requires original transcripts from the source of the credits. There is no way to launder credits through a middle-man institution.

This comes up a lot so I just wanted to be clear so none of us are confused.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Mamasaphire
My understanding is that there is nothing formal about the "partnership" with Berkeley. There's certainly no page on Berkeley's website saying that they will transfer University of the People credits or block transfer an associate's, just on the UotP website saying that "high performing" students will be considered. Whatever that means. Also, at least for US students, UotP is only a little cheaper than an RA bachelor's degree from one of the Big3 done with the methods discussed here.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
University of the People is a good school if you want to learn. The program quality is excellent for the CS.
Google offers internships to graduates as well as it is backed by Microsoft who offers scholarships and graduates have gone on to work in Apple, Microsoft, Dell, Apple Amazon, heck I'd say its a lot better than many RA schools. It is a good program and well recognized.

For the business program I don't think is ACBSP so that may be limiting.

For CS though if you are skilled enough NA vs RA doesn't matter, all you need to do is show you have the skills at the interview.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

U of the People seems like a great idea that I hopes gains traction. I wonder if they are even trying to pursue RA accreditation. This is a model that needs to take off as the technology is there and there seems to be a shift to finding a solution to higher ed that does not cripple students with debts that do not match real wages. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation found the university worthy of a $500,000 grant so hopefully things go well as a model like this is much needed, nationally and globally.
(08-21-2018, 08:20 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: WGU, APUS, Liberty will accept DEAC towards a degree as transfer credit and you could do a masters through them with a DEAC undergrad degree.

Purdue University Global will as well.

(08-21-2018, 07:20 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: My understanding is that the cost is very affordable. I think their MBA used to be around $3500.

If so, it's cheaper now. $2400 is what I was told.

I've had a few friends go through UoP. I had one who finished most of the program and transferred to Purdue. Recently, another friend of mine recently signed up for the MBA program and told me some not so great things. For one, he told me that his advisor kept answering in form letter responses and when he questioned it she stopped responding altogether, literally just ignoring his emails.

He then went on a nearly month-long attempt to get help from someone, anyone, and no one would answer. His emails to admissions was ignored, his emails to the Dean were ignored, his emails to the Grievance email were ignored. He had to go on Twitter and publicly ask for help before anyone from UoP would do anything. Finally, they switched his advisor and got his very basic questions answered. But then a new problem emerged.

He told me he was trying to take two courses at a time and he'd made that clear to his advisors, but somehow he was only signed up for one and was never told where or how to sign up for other courses himself. Apparently, now he can't sign up for a second course because the classes are all full. Honestly, after what they put him through, they should just let him finish the program fee free just for not filing a DEAC complaint against them.

In my opinion, University of the People sounds like it has a lot of work to do with communication as this is not the first time I've heard about their poor communication issues. There was a guy who posted a screenshot showing how he sent University of The People a simple question, they opened the email over 200 times, replied with form letter responses and never answered the question.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 309 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,710 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,738 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 3,082 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 723 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,301 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,710 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 394 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,517 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 553 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar