Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of Lübeck, Germany : Online Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence
(07-16-2023, 09:58 AM)davewill Wrote: The title is a bit misleading. This is not just a "free course" it's a whole master's program, with a thesis.

Not that I'm complaining, it has real possibilities.

This does open doors, even with the cost of say 275 Euros per semester and it takes someone 4-5 semesters, that's still under 1500 Euro for an AI Masters. The main goal is actually to learn something that excites and interests them, basically for the students that may have learning gaps and knowledge in the subject area they want to fill the void...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Quote: There are currently no tuition fees for this degree programme.

Quote:Designations
Master’s degree in
Artificial Intelligence

University degree conferred
Master of Science (M.Sc.)

Prescribed period of study
6 semesters

Type of study
Part-time / extra occupational / distance learning

Programme start
Each semester

Number of ECTS credits

Language of instruction
English

https://www.uni-luebeck.de/en/university...egree.html

Am not sure if you need to go down to Germany for anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • berlinerd
"The programme is designed in principle as a part-time programme (with a load of 12-18 credits per semester), so that there is an opportunity for students to remain active in the professional environment. This is additionally supported by the design of the teaching as online teaching. This also makes distance learning possible."

Awesome, I guess this is a viable program for those outside the EU as well...

Thank you for posting this! I think somebody else gepostet this but of course and I was interested but completely forgot about its existence. Unless I have hallucinations...

They also have website for this program: https://ai-master.org/overview

If you are interested, please be aware, there is mandatory Master's Thesis which you have to write and defend. No choice. This sucks. I think North Americans are not that used to write a thesis during Bachelor-Master, but in Europe it is quite popular. Master's Thesis is one of the most notorious killers of a degree. 

The university itself is not bad at all, but it also won't do a wow-effect on resume (not LMU-tier which is like a European Ivy League). But distance education in Germany, especially in English, as I know, is still pretty bad... so that's quite a good option. 

But it is also taking 3 years for your degree. So that's not for everybody too. The tuition-free is awesome, of course!
[-] The following 2 users Like berlinerd's post:
  • Ideas, openair
(09-11-2023, 10:35 PM)berlinerd Wrote: Thank you for posting this! I think somebody else gepostet this but of course and I was interested but completely forgot about its existence. Unless I have hallucinations...

They also have website for this program: https://ai-master.org/overview

If you are interested, please be aware, there is mandatory Master's Thesis which you have to write and defend. No choice. This sucks. I think North Americans are not that used to write a thesis during Bachelor-Master, but in Europe it is quite popular. Master's Thesis is one of the most notorious killers of a degree. 

The university itself is not bad at all, but it also won't do a wow-effect on resume (not LMU-tier which is like a European Ivy League). But distance education in Germany, especially in English, as I know, is still pretty bad... so that's quite a good option. 

But it is also taking 3 years for your degree. So that's not for everybody too. The tuition-free is awesome, of course!

Thesis or dissertation is pretty standard for many US master's programs (particularly humanities). Defending a dissertation is usually PhD level.
https://ai-master.org/overview

Is this Masters program worth following? They say its Tuition Free so sounds like a good deal
Oh yes... It is a good deal, I've merged the three threads together, since it's in regards to the same program from the same institution... BTW, for those who want to apply/enroll, the application deadline has passed, hopefully they open for next semester or next year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,768 564,305 04-27-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 358 04-26-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 13 371 04-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 113 16,957 04-25-2024, 10:33 AM
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 19,178 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 16 697 04-23-2024, 10:43 AM
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 318 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 320 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 357 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 783 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax