Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UpGrad DBA Golden Gate U - 70% scholarships for 5,000 students
UpGrad sent me this ad for a new DBA program partnership with Golden Gate University.

Cost is $65,800 minus 70% Scholarship = Net Price of $19,740

As far as I've researched, almost everyone who gets accepted also gets the scholarship, so it's almost like a discounted rate.  

https://www.upgrad.com/ca/dba-from-golde...niversity/
[-] The following 4 users Like smartdegree's post:
  • housecat, mohelena02, sanantone, Vle045
(06-14-2022, 06:03 AM)smartdegree Wrote: UpGrad sent me this ad for a new DBA program partnership with Golden Gate University.

Cost is $65,800 minus 70% Scholarship = Net Price of $19,740

As far as I've researched, almost everyone who gets accepted also gets the scholarship, so it's almost like a discounted rate.  

https://www.upgrad.com/ca/dba-from-golde...niversity/

Amazing! Thank you for sharing!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
The scholarship is also listed here: https://www.goldengateuniversity.com/doc...nistration

I initially thought this was a GGU website, but it was odd that it ended in a .com. The format of the phone number is also not for the United States. A quick search of the phone number points back to upGrad, so, methinks this site is upGrad as well. I was hoping this scholarship was possible without upGrad, but doesn’t look like it.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
Thank you for sharing!
The 91 country code is for India, and you can't change it. The only way to apply or find out specific eligibility requirements is to fill out the form on the Upgrad website. The only information for the DBA on the Golden Gate University website is a catalog page showing available courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Sounds like they meant specifically to attract applicants in India, but didn't do a very good job at geofencing the site.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
I found my way to the U.S. website that has the U.S. country code where you're supposed to enter your phone number. The application form, however, uses British system terminology such as postgraduate instead of graduate degree. They also ask for percentage instead of GPA.

https://www.upgrad.com/us/dba-from-golde...niversity/

You need to pay INR 50,000 to block your seat, which comes out to be $641.42. If your supporting documents don't match what was put on the very brief application, you won't receive a refund. But, they ask for information that can't be found on U.S. transcripts.

This sounds like a scam.

https://www.consumercomplaints.in/bycomp...82015.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Indian_Academia...rad_it_is/
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • ss20ts
According to GGU's enrollment office, which seems to have been outsourced to India, UpGrad is an official partner, but they have no information beyond that. UpGrad called me from a Michigan number and said that their partnership with GGU requires that they do not offer programs to U.S. citizens even though their application allows for applicants to select that they're U.S. residents and U.S. citizens. With that information, the "counselor" should have known whether or not I would qualify for the program at the beginning of the call, or the application system should have been programmed to notify the applicant that the program is not offered to Americans. Then, the guy tried to direct me to their DBA program with the Swiss School of Business and Management.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
If it sounds too good to be true......
Sorry everyone, I didn't know it wasn't being offered to US citizens, which is strange, considering it's a US school. If I had known, I would have posted a caveat.

I am Canadian and it seems we are allowed to enrol Smile. So this seems like a good option for other Canadians on this forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 freeloader 77 8,801 04-12-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Golden Gate University or Apollos DBA? kb24bi8 39 4,085 02-22-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: quanticmba
  New DBA on Upgrad by ESGCI OtterDen 34 5,467 09-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Any Luck with Ph.D. Stipends? Scholarships? mohelena02 1 618 01-27-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  UpGrad DBA Advertisement (Funny) smartdegree 4 1,211 07-12-2022, 09:34 AM
Last Post: eLearner