Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Study.com TESU Transfer Equivalencies
I was randomly browsing Study.com to TESU transfers and noticed they changed a few things around, there are updated equivalencies to their list.  Here's a random sampling of what I noticed got changed, there should be more, for some reason the Bio 201L and 202L duplicates each other...

Biology 107L: Clinical Microbiology w/ Lab = BIO-175 Microorganisms 4 lower
Biology 201L: Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab = BIO-102 Biology of Human Concerns 3 lower
Biology 202L: Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab = BIO-102 Biology of Human Concerns 3 lower

Chemistry 111L: Chemistry I with Lab = CHE-105 Basic Chemistry I 3 lower
Chemistry 112L: Chemistry II with Lab = CHE-106 Basic Chemistry II 3 lower
Chemistry now comes in with a Chem II, but does it come in with a lab credit?

English 104: College Composition I = ENC-110 Intro to Composition I 3 lower
English 105: College Composition II = ENC-111 Intro to Composition II 3 lower
English 204: English Composition I = ENC-101 Writing for Success 3 lower
English 205: English Composition II = ENC-102 English Composition II 3 lower
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
That is curious with the Bio 202L duplicating 201L.

The "new" English Comp courses (204/205) were discussed in 2022. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...omposition
and the 104 and 105 change goes back to 2020 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ril-1-2020
how time flies...
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • origamishuttle
I know I get easily confused when it comes to English Comp transfer equivalencies. They seem to be different at every single one of the top ten schools we discuss here! For something so common and basic, it's surprising how differently every school appears to approach it.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • rachel83az
yep. yep on English comp. I was surprised reading a post where one of the schools didn't take a community college composition course as gen ed. Seemed so odd to me if it was a 1xx level (and not at developmental level 0xx).
anyway, I'm thankful for all insights into changes on transfer and courses expiring and changing. Couldn't have completed degree a while back without everyone's help, and making sure about updates helps those to come. Always good to have the updates and reminders.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • origamishuttle
(04-22-2023, 01:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I was randomly browsing Study.com to TESU transfers and noticed they changed a few things around, there are updated equivalencies to their list.  Here's a random sampling of what I noticed got changed, there should be more, for some reason the Bio 201L and 202L duplicates each other...

Biology 107L: Clinical Microbiology w/ Lab = BIO-175 Microorganisms 4 lower
Biology 201L: Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab = BIO-102 Biology of Human Concerns 3 lower
Biology 202L: Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab = BIO-102 Biology of Human Concerns 3 lower

Chemistry 111L: Chemistry I with Lab = CHE-105 Basic Chemistry I 3 lower
Chemistry 112L: Chemistry II with Lab = CHE-106 Basic Chemistry II 3 lower
Chemistry now comes in with a Chem II, but does it come in with a lab credit?

The 3 Bio courses have been that way for a long time, I had it like that for a couple of years at least.

Chem changed, but not much - they don't overlap, but they also don't count as CHE-128 & CHE-129, which is what's required for the BSAST IIRC - and they still don't count the labs for whatever reason.  Undecided
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That is weird, I like to keep current, I noticed they didn't have the page updated last year when I checked, in fact only a few months ago in December, it was different... Here's a snapshot from the wayback machine (Web Archive Dec 23, 2022). Link: http://web.archive.org/web/2022122307094...urse-guide

If you compare the BIO courses, the ones I posted above don't even show up in the course guide equivalency. The Chem courses come in differently as well... Anyways, as long as something has been updated to reflect the changes, that's what we want to review or see, instead of being left in the dark without a newer transfer guide. There should be more changes as I mentioned earlier...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(04-23-2023, 08:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That is weird, I like to keep current, I noticed they didn't have the page updated last year when I checked, in fact only a few months ago in December, it was different...  Here's a snapshot from the wayback machine (Web Archive Dec 23, 2022).  Link: http://web.archive.org/web/2022122307094...urse-guide

If you compare the BIO courses, the ones I posted above don't even show up in the course guide equivalency.  The Chem courses come in differently as well... Anyways, as long as something has been updated to reflect the changes, that's what we want to review or see, instead of being left in the dark without a newer transfer guide.  There should be more changes as I mentioned earlier...

I knew from other sources.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Does anyone know if Study.com’s Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course comes in as upper level computer science elective? (For comp sci degree)
(04-26-2023, 12:58 PM)techmama Wrote: Does anyone know if Study.com’s Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course comes in as upper level computer science elective? (For comp sci degree)

No, it does not. It comes in as an UL CIS course for a CIS degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-26-2023, 01:10 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-26-2023, 12:58 PM)techmama Wrote: Does anyone know if Study.com’s Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course comes in as upper level computer science elective? (For comp sci degree)

No, it does not. It comes in as an UL CIS course for a CIS degree.

Damn. I’ve taken the saylor software engineering proctored final twice already and failed the second time by 3 questions. I’m for some reason having an issue with this course. Especially because I Google the things I got wrong and it says it’s right but saylor is saying it’s wrong. I don’t know.. I’m trying to find ANY other class to take but I’ve already taken everything from study and Sophia that was recommended in wiki. Maybe I can move my courses around so that one of them will apply as UL comp sci elective. I’m so frustrated. (I don’t want to take software engineering at tesu)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 227 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,577 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 269 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538