Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - English from Study.com won't work after April 1, 2020
Effective April 1, 2020, TESU will no longer be accepting Study.com's English Comp I & II to satisfy the written communication requirement.

ENGL 104: College Composition I will become ENC-110
ENGL 105: College Composition II will become ENC-111 (although it can be used as a HUM/GE course)

Another change:
MAT 103: Precalculus will become MAT-125.  Not sure what that equates to, but it WILL still satisfy College Algebra (although probably not Precalc if you need that for your major).

So if you want to take College Comp I or II through Study.com, I suggest you sign up now, complete it, and get it sent over ASAP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ARhead, withrown
(03-02-2020, 12:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Effective April 1, 2020, TESU will no longer be accepting Study.com's English Comp I & II to satisfy the written communication requirement.

ENGL 105: College Composition II will become ENC-111 (although it can be used as a HUM/GE course)

Another change:
MAT 103: Precalculus will become MAT-125.  Not sure what that equates to, but it WILL still satisfy College Algebra (although probably not Precalc if you need that for your major).

So if you want to take College Comp I or II through Study.com, I suggest you sign up now, complete it, and get it sent over ASAP.

Do you have any idea why?  Will Study be adding to/improving the course to (hopefully) eventually get it approved again?
Do you see this as a possible trend in all of the Big 3?

Thanks for the update and any insight!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(03-02-2020, 02:29 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 12:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Effective April 1, 2020, TESU will no longer be accepting Study.com's English Comp I & II to satisfy the written communication requirement.

Another change:

Do you have any idea why?  Will Study be adding to/improving the course to (hopefully) eventually get it approved again?
Do you see this as a possible trend in all of the Big 3?

Thanks for the update and any insight!

No idea why, just got a heads up on it.

I'm not thinking it's an issue at all of the Big 3, but I am wondering if TESU is going to do this with all English Comp providers?  Like SL and Sophia?  If not, that's strange.  I took the English Comp II TECEP and thought it was a heck of a lot easier than a course would have been - so it makes no sense that they're doing it this way.  Crazy.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Weird, I wonder what happened here and if the other Big 3 schools or competency based degree providers are requesting this change as well. Anyways, for those who need the credits, do it ASAP or do the CLEPS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I was considering getting the BACS degree from TESU after I finish up my BSB-ITM at WGU. I DO NOT want to do English Comp 1 & 2 again. Is TESU or Study.com providing an explanation for this change? Can a month go by without TESU making some unexpected change? Thank God I jumped ship and went to WGU.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(03-03-2020, 12:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Weird, I wonder what happened here and if the other Big 3 schools or competency based degree providers are requesting this change as well.   Anyways, for those who need the credits, do it ASAP or do the CLEPS.

I suspect TESU has lost sight of it's mandate to provide affordable alternative paths to degrees.  The problem started when the Big 3 started requiring their own courses and empires are being built ever since.  Until about 20 years ago, Excelsior never even offered courses.  Now they require 2 of their own courses.  If they keep going on this course, they will be just more bottom rung expensive state universities.  I think the recent TESU lunacy in rejecting a lot of perfectly good courses is just more empire building.  New Jersey is wasting its money on another so-so university out of 10,000 look-alikes that solve none of the problems they were set up to solve.  Just scratch TESU off your list and go with COSC or Excelsior.  They too are on a slide but they are not over the edge yet.
(03-03-2020, 01:00 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I was considering getting the BACS degree from TESU after I finish up my BSB-ITM at WGU. I DO NOT want to do English Comp 1 & 2 again. Is TESU or Study.com providing an explanation for this change? Can a month go by without TESU making some unexpected change? Thank God I jumped ship and went to WGU.

Once you already have a BA degree, your GE's are waived at TESU - so you won't need ANY GE's.  All of the courses you'll need will be in the AOS/core.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • AwardTour
This seems to continue a rather concerning trend regarding TESU & SDC.
Huge bummer
BABA, New England College, 2019
(03-03-2020, 03:57 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 01:00 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I was considering getting the BACS degree from TESU after I finish up my BSB-ITM at WGU. I DO NOT want to do English Comp 1 & 2 again. Is TESU or Study.com providing an explanation for this change? Can a month go by without TESU making some unexpected change? Thank God I jumped ship and went to WGU.

Once you already have a BA degree, your GE's are waived at TESU - so you won't need ANY GE's.  All of the courses you'll need will be in the AOS/core.
Thank you for telling me, I did not know that. So I would not have to take SOS-110 either if I already have a Bachelors Degree?
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 905 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,352 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,462 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 752 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 10,635 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly