Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Upper-level credits at TESC
Someone mentioned that beginning July, a History BA from TESC will require 18 300-400 level credits in the major area.

Anyone know if this will apply to any other degree programs? (I'm an intended English major.)

The website hasn't been updated, but I'm guessing maybe they're slow in posting new info there.

Any info is much appreciated.
margotsara Wrote:Someone mentioned that beginning July, a History BA from TESC will require 18 300-400 level credits in the major area.

Anyone know if this will apply to any other degree programs? (I'm an intended English major.)

The website hasn't been updated, but I'm guessing maybe they're slow in posting new info there.

Any info is much appreciated.

I would like to know this too. My major is in business.

Thank you.
In understand that TESC will accept some 200 level courses for upper level credit. Do you know how many have to be 300 and 400 level and how many can be 200 level?

Thanks.
I emailed advising on Friday to request an updated evaluation for a 2nd degree (BSBA) with the new requirements. I just received notification that the new programs become active on July 1 and the advisor would prepare the degree evaluation at that time.

Maybe all interested should send an email or set up a call with advising on that week. Note you have to schedule an appt at least 2 weeks ahead now (either they are shorthanded or just that busy).

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:I emailed advising on Friday to request an updated evaluation for a 2nd degree (BSBA) with the new requirements. I just received notification that the new programs become active on July 1 and the advisor would prepare the degree evaluation at that time.

Maybe all interested should send an email or set up a call with advising on that week. Note you have to schedule an appt at least 2 weeks ahead now (either they are shorthanded or just that busy).
Hey, thanks Bricabrac. Could you keep us posted on what they say?
Nate

[SIZE="1"]CLEP: Financial Accounting, Social Sciences and History[/SIZE]
This is the exact wording from my E-mail on history. Last year they changed the Science and I believe some other degree requirements. I would be surprised if they did not change more then 1 degree now.

"You also asked me yesterday how the BA in History is changing after July 1. After July 1 students will be required to complete at least 18 credits of 300 or 400 level courses in their major."

Until The 1st it says "As of right now our second degree policy states that students are required to do at least 30 additional (new) credits to go for a second bachelors degree. If you wait until after July 1, that policy is changing and you will only have to do at least 24 new credits."

I would rather get 30 mixed lower and upper then have to figure ou how to test out of at least 18 300-400 upper level.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
NStover Wrote:Hey, thanks Bricabrac. Could you keep us posted on what they say?

Hi NStover,

Will do. I'm actually looking forward to it.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Lindagerr Wrote:I would rather get 30 mixed lower and upper then have to figure ou how to test out of at least 18 300-400 upper level.

Linda,

For the business degree the requirements now are actually quite rigid. Hopefully they have balanced the programs a bit more so the BS actually becomes a bit more in line with the BA. I was initially enrolled in the BSBA, but changed to the BASS because it was much easier to complete. Also 18 U/L credits for a BS is not hard to achieve. Well not for those who have a business background.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
NStover Wrote:Could you keep us posted on what they say?

My unofficial evaluations were prepared today (which have to be mailed because I'm still finishing up my last course). This blurb is taken from the notes section:

06/30/10 A student who holds an undergraduate, advanced or professional degree must complete a minimum of 12 or 24 credits in the option/area of study/core beyond the date the most recent degree was completed. BSBA students must complete a minimum of 24 credits in the core and major area of study combined.

I am looking at the HR and Mgmt concentrations. IMO the verbiage seems open to interpretation so I think each student interested in a second degree should call advising and have a degree plan mapped. Maybe I am reading this wrong but seems like the requirements may have loosened up a bit: core and major combined. If it's flexible, by flexible I mean something like 18 credits 300/400 and 6 credits 100/200, I will be happy because that is similar to the BA programs. Gosh, I could complete this in one semester with one or two classes (GPA) and CLEP/DSST/TECEPs.
FYI - I'm told small business mgmt MAN-432 is a winner and quite a few have spoken highly of PHI-384 ethics & the business professional.

Here is my list of exams, all quickly doable for anyone with a business background. I was advised to take Business Policy last to take advantage of the overlap (capstone course).

CLEP/DSST
MAN-201-DE Principles of Supervision
LAW-201-CE Business Law
MAN-301-CE Principles of Management
MAR-301-CE Principles of Marketing
BUS-311-DE Business Ethics and Society
MAN-331-DE Human Resources Management
TECEP
MAR-321-TE Marketing Communications
MAR-322-TE Sales Management
MAR-323-TE Advertising
BUS-421-TE Business Policy

Maybe we all can keep this thread active as you begin investigating your second degree.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
I need 4 courses (12 credits) in the 100 level, 1 course in non-western/non-US history at any level and 18 history electives at 200 or above. The last is the area that will change to 300-400 level tomorrow I think. Has anyone gotten a more recent answer?
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,114 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,286 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,697 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,100 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,851 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Need one more BALS Upper Level badooble 12 3,098 07-28-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,613 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,379 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,650 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,803 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone