Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very confused on TESU evaluation
Ok, So, I sent in all my old transcripts for a BALS evaluation to TESU. My focus has been in Business, so most of my courses are upper level business but I have a bunch of junk credits from ROTC back in the day and most of my core. TESU evaluates the upper level business related as electives, forcing me to take pretty much ALL the upper levels all over. I call in and get a basic walk through which to my disappointment they won't consider the upper level business/marketing/accounting for the upper level core areas in the BALS. Which leaves nearly 20 hours of junk credits not used at all, and my upper levels as mere electives. Switch over to a Bus Adm degree and while more are counted, I have the same problem with having a lot of requirements unfulfilled. My entire point of applying to TESU is their supposed flexibility and I'm a little frustrated that they aren't looking at my business courses favorably at all. 

I just want the stupid piece of paper. I have 90 someodd hours, I want to punch through the remaining few and get my degree because I have 16 months of my GI Bill remaining and I want to do a masters program with it before it expires in 2022. I don't care if it's a degree in underwater basket weaving. I just want that piece of paper so I can move on to the next level. 

Anyone know how I can maximize those credits, most likely with another school? I'd like to do any remaining courses in test out/sophia/SL/ect type courses. If any of our subject matter experts offers the service of taking transcripts and creating a plan, I'd happily pay for it.
A word of warning, you'll get the same thing at any of the Big 3 or any place you're applying to for that matter. The reason - Business is NOT an Arts/Liberal science course. Your best option for any assistance right now is to list all your courses completed, in fact, just copy/paste your evaluation from TESU (everything including the other courses field at the bottom) and remove the personal details.

I can review the info and see what course of action would be best for you... and I did read your previous message: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid300416
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-07-2020, 01:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: A word of warning, you'll get the same thing at any of the Big 3 or any place you're applying to for that matter.  The reason - Business is NOT an Arts/Liberal science course.  Your best option for any assistance right now is to list all your courses completed, in fact, just copy/paste your evaluation from TESU (everything including the other courses field at the bottom) and remove the personal details.  

I can review the info and see what course of action would be best for you... and I did read your previous message: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid300416

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placementConfusedame-cell;}-->

I actually forgot I posted before. I guess in my head BALS just didn't care where the credits came from. I am woefully under educated in this area. Your guidance is greatly appreciated. 

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placementConfusedame-cell;}-->

ACC-101 Prin. of Finl Acctg 3 
BUS-299 Special Topics in Business 3
CAP-101 Microcomputer Software Applns 3
CIS-301 Management Information Systems 3
COM-202 Intro to Business Communicatns 3
COM-300 Business Communication 3
ECO-112 Microeconomics 3
ENC-101 English Composition I 3
ENC-102 English Composition II 3
FRE-101 Beginning French I 4
GEO-121 Historical Geology 4
GEO-199 Special Topics in Geology 4
HEA-195 First Aid 1
HIS-113 American History I 3
HIS-114 American History II 3
MAN-301 Principles of Management 3
MAN-371 International Business 3
MAN-432 Small Business Management 3
MAR-301 Introduction to Marketing 3
MAR-306 Creating/Implement Ele Entrp 3
MAR-351 Consumer Behavior 3
MAT-119 Quantitative Business Analysis 3
MSC-120 Intro to Military Skills 1 
MSC-131 Marksmanship 2
MSC-131 Marksmanship 2
MSC-199 Special Topics in Military Sci  1
MSC-199 Special Topics in Military Sci 1
OPM-213 Inventory Systems Planning 3
PEA-199 Special Topics in Physical Ed 2
PHI-101 Introduction to Philosophy 3
STA-211 Statistics I 3

Below wasn't evaluated by Tesu (the transcripts arrived late after my first 2 evaluations

The Institutes Ethics 3
sophia managing conflict 1

GOVT 1 3
Arts1 3
COSC 3
American Lit 3
Govt 2 3
Hmm, you're better off with a BSBA General Management option since you're into Business/Finance, etc. The BALS isn't as appealing with these credits. Could you copy/paste from the What If option in the TESU OSS? You should do one for the BSBA General Management option. From the looks of things, you already have TWO of the THREE required areas for the BSBA GM. I would recommend taking Cost Accounting ACC-303 at StraighterLine/Study.com to finish off your AOS.

The only remaining requirements seems to be your General Education and Professional Business Requirements, you can finish all of these easier/cheap/faster as it will require all LOWER LEVEL than the BALS. If you decide on the BALS, the Study.com courses would require more writing - hence, it will take you longer to finish. At this point in time, find the remaining requirements and finish them off with Study.com/StraighterLine combo.

Update Edit: You can probably finish all of these courses within 3 months subscription at Study.com if you do 4 courses a month. Your final step is to do the Capstone/Cornerstone at TESU to finish off your degree in another 3 months.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-07-2020, 01:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, you're better off with a BSBA General Management option since you're into Business/Finance, etc.  The BALS isn't as appealing with these credits.  Could you copy/paste from the What If option in the TESU OSS?  You should do one for the BSBA General Management option.   From the looks of things, you already have TWO of the THREE required areas for the BSBA GM.  I would recommend taking Cost Accounting ACC-303 at StraighterLine/Study.com to finish off your AOS.

The only remaining requirements seems to be your General Education and Professional Business Requirements, you can finish all of these easier/cheap/faster as it will require all LOWER LEVEL than the BALS.  If you decide on the BALS, the Study.com courses would require more writing - hence, it will take you longer to finish.   At this point in time, find the remaining requirements and finish them off with Study.com/StraighterLine combo.

Update Edit: You can probably finish all of these courses within 3 months subscription at Study.com if you do 4 courses a month.   Your final step is to do the Capstone/Cornerstone at TESU to finish off your degree in another 3 months.

Program Summary: (In Progress)
Semester Hours (SH) Required: 120.00
SH Applied to Degree: 78.00
SH Remaining: 42.00
SH To Be Planned: 42.00
Thomas Edison State University GPA Needed: 2.000
Thomas Edison State University GPA Earned:
Overall Degree GPA Needed: 2.000
Overall Degree GPA Requirement Met: Yes
Community College SH (80 SH Maximum): 0.00

Program Requirements:
1: BSBA General Education (60 SH) (In progress)
SH Earned: 39 Complete all 6 subrequirements:

A: INTEL & PRACT SKILLS (In progress)

SH Earned: 9

Written Communication 3SH (Complete)
Source Course Title Term Grade SH TESU # Notes
3 ENGL1301 Fresh Comp I 12/01/03 A 3.00 ENC-101
*TE
Written Communication 3SH (Complete)

3 ENGL1302 Argu Writing 05/01/04 A 3.00 ENC-102
*TE
Oral Communication 3SH (Not started)

______ _______________ _________________________ __________ _______ _______ __________
3 credits needed
Quantitative Literacy (DEGREE REQUIREMENT) 3SH (Complete)
1 MATH1013 Finan & Quan Lit 05/01/16 C 3.00 MAT-119 
*TE
Information Literacy (INSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENT) 3SH (Not started)
To meet this requirement, students MUST take SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy at Thomas Edison State University.
______ _______________ _________________________ __________ _______ _______ __________
3 credits needed
B: CIV & GLOBAL LDRSHP (Not started)
For all TESU course options that will satisfy this area of the degree, go to Civic and Global Leadership Courses

SH Earned: 0

Diversity Intercultural Literacy 3SH (Not started)
3 credits needed
Ethical Leadership 3SH (Not started)
3 credits needed
Civic Engagement 3SH (Not started)
3 credits needed
C: KNOWLDG HUMAN CULTRS (Complete)

Humanities and/or Social Sciences 9SH
3 PHIL2300 Intro to Philosophy 12/01/03 B 3.00 PHI-101
*TE
3 HIST1312 History of U S 05/01/04 C 3.00 HIS-114
*TE
3 HIST1311 Hist of U S 12/01/03 C 3.00 HIS-113
*TE
D: UNDRST PHYS&NAT WRLD (Complete)

Natural Sciences 4SH
3 GEOL1426 Earth History 12/01/04 C 4.00 GEO-121
*TE
E: MATHEMATICS (Complete)
For TESU course options, go to BUS 210 Quantit ative Skills for Business

or STA-201 Principles of Statistics
(DEGREE REQUIREMENT) 3SH
1 MATH1703 Elem Statistics I 08/01/16 A 3.00 STA-211
*TE
F: GE ELECTIVES (In progress)
General Education Electives 20SH
SH Earned: 14
Required: 20
Remaining: 6
3 GEOL1425 Earth Systems 05/01/04 B 4.00 GEO-199
*TE
3 FREN1441 Level I 05/01/04 D 4.00 FRE-101
*TE
1 BUS3513 Prof Presentation Strategies 12/01/16 D 3.00 COM-300
*TE
1 BUS3533 Mgt Info Systems 05/01/10 D 3.00 CIS-301
*TE
3 credits needed
3 credits needed

2: Core (36SH) (In progress)
SH Earned: 18 Complete all 10 subrequirements:

A: Accounting 6 SH (In progress)
For TESU course options, go to ACC-101 Princi ples of Financial Accounting

AND AC C-102 Principles of Managerial Accounting

SH Earned: 3

Group 1 (In progress)
1 BUS2043 Fund Account I 08/01/16 B 3.00 ACC-101
*TE
3 credits
B: Business Law 3 SH (Not started)
3 credits needed
C: Computers 3 SH (Not started)
3 credits needed
D: Finance 3 SH (Not started)
3 credits needed
E: Management 3 SH (Complete)
2 MAN-301 Principles of Management 11/17/09 CR 3.00 MAN-301
*NE
F: Marketing 3 SH (Complete)
For TESU course options, go to MAR-201 Introd uction to Marketing
1 BUS3113 Prin of Market 12/01/09 C 3.00 MAR-301
*TE
G: Business/Society 3SH (Complete)
1 BUS3183 Intro to International Busines 08/01/16 C 3.00 MAN-371
*TE
H: Economics 6 SH (In progress)
For TESU course options, go to ECO-111 Macroe conomics

AND ECO-112 Microeconomics< /a>

SH Earned: 3

Group 1 (In progress)
1 ECO1013 Prin of Microeconomics 12/01/15 CR 3.00 ECO-112
*TE
3 credits
I: Communications 3 SH (Complete)
3 SPCH2305 Bus Prof Comm 12/01/03 C 3.00 COM-202
*TE
J: Capstone 3 SH (Not started)
*must earn a grade of C/CR or better

3 credits needed

3: General Mngt (18SH: 12SH must be upper level) (In progress)
SH Earned: 15 GPA Achieved/Needed: 3.250 / 2.000 Complete both subrequirements:

A: GMS Required 9 SH (In progress)
*must earn grades of C/CR or better
Complete three courses (one course from three of the following four areas)

Accounting

Finance

Management

Marketing

**At least 12 semester hours within the ent ire Specialization must be at the 300/400 level.

SH Earned: 6

Group 1 (Not started)
3 credits
Group 3 (Complete)
4 BMGT364 Management & Org Theory 12/01/08 A 3.00 MAN-411
*TE
Group 4 (Complete)
1 BUS4443 Small Bus Mgmt 12/01/09 A 3.00 MAN-432
*TE
B: GMS Elective Area (Complete)
*must earn grades of C/CR or better
Complete 9 more Semester Hours (SH) from any assortment of the areas below.

Accounting

Finance

Management

Marketing

**At least 12 semester hours within the entire Sp ecialization must be at the 300/400 level.

Group 1 (Complete)
1 BUS4503 Internet Marketing 12/01/09 B 3.00 MAR-306
*TE
Group 2 (Complete)
1 BUS4213 Consumer Behavior 12/01/09 C 3.00 MAR-351
*TE
5 OPM-213 Inventory Systems Planning 05/19/05 CR 3.00 OPM-213
*NE

4: Electives (6sh) (Complete)

For TESU course options, go to Elective Courses (business related courses preferred)
1 BUS2803 Women in Business 05/01/16 A 3.00 BUS-299
*TE
5 CAP-101 Microcomputer Software Applns 05/19/05 CR 3.00 CAP-101
*NE

Other Courses:
5 PEA-199 Special Topics in Physical Ed 01/21/05 CR 2.00 PEA-199 *NE
5 MSC-131 Marksmanship 01/21/05 CR 2.00 MSC-131 *RI *NE *DUP
5 HEA-195 First Aid 01/21/05 CR 1.00 HEA-195 *NE
3 MILS1141 Marksmanship 12/01/04 A 1.00 MSC-131 *TE
3 MILS0180 Leadership Lab 05/01/04 B 1.00 MSC-199 *TE
3 MILS1142 Basic Leadership 05/01/04 A 1.00 MSC-120 *TE
3 MILS0180 Leadership Lab 12/01/04 B 1.00 MSC-199 *TE
3 MILS2251 Indiv Leadership 12/01/04 C 2.00 MSC-199 *TE
3 MILS0180 Leadership Lab 12/01/05 C 1.00 MSC-199 *TE
Well, you only need 12 UL credits for the BSBA degree, that is only 4 classes.

The vast majority of these courses only take 20 hours or less to complete so usually it's best to get on the grind and finish up rather than getting petty about which courses transfer.

I was in the same boat having to take some of my courses over again.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
You may be better off at COSC - since they have a BSLS which allows 60cr of free electives, and you can use your UL business courses in the AOS. Then, you choose a 2nd concentration - communication, psych, something that's easy to find UL courses for - and you take a couple of those.

Much easier than trying to fit existing credits into TESU's BALS plan.

Also, see about TESU's BSBA, that might be a better fit. You have 4 UL courses in the degree, you can take a LL accounting course like Study.com's ACC 202: Intermediate Accounting II, which only has 68 lessons (so it's short), and your AOS would be done.

Also think about WGU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I agree with dfrecore apply to COSC for the BS in LS, you'll fit more.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(02-07-2020, 05:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You may be better off at COSC - since they have a BSLS which allows 60cr of free electives, and you can use your UL business courses in the AOS.  Then, you choose a 2nd concentration - communication, psych, something that's easy to find UL courses for - and you take a couple of those.

Also, see about TESU's BSBA, that might be a better fit.  You have 4 UL courses in the degree, you can take a LL accounting course like Study.com's ACC 202: Intermediate Accounting II, which only has 68 lessons (so it's short), and your AOS would be done.

Also think about WGU.

Thank you everyone for your helpful insights. I will look into charter Oaks and see how they received my credits. I don't disagree that I'm being a little petty about some of my extra credits but I'm stubborn I want to see if there's a way around it. If there's not I'll suck it up. I don't know much about WGU except that they've been trying to get me to apply for a few years. I'll look into their programs as well.
(02-08-2020, 11:27 AM)Kerrihoran Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 05:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You may be better off at COSC - since they have a BSLS which allows 60cr of free electives, and you can use your UL business courses in the AOS.  Then, you choose a 2nd concentration - communication, psych, something that's easy to find UL courses for - and you take a couple of those.

Also, see about TESU's BSBA, that might be a better fit.  You have 4 UL courses in the degree, you can take a LL accounting course like Study.com's ACC 202: Intermediate Accounting II, which only has 68 lessons (so it's short), and your AOS would be done.

Also think about WGU.

Thank you everyone for your helpful insights. I will look into charter Oaks and see how they received my credits. I don't disagree that I'm being a little petty about some of my extra credits but I'm stubborn I want to see if there's a way around it. If there's not I'll suck it up. I don't know much about WGU except that they've been trying to get me to apply for a few years. I'll look into their programs as well.

You can be as stubborn as you want, but none of the Big 3 will count your Business courses as Liberal Arts.  There's not getting around it.  As a matter of fact, you probably won't find a school in the US who would count those that way, but I definitely think you should try to find one.

As for TESU "being flexible", yes, the Big 3 are VERY flexible!  BUT, that doesn't mean that you can bring in ANY 114cr and they'll fit perfectly into a degree.  They still have some standards, and will stick to those.  So will COSC and EC.  Any school that will let you bring in ANY 114cr and give you a degree, I'd be suspecting that it was a non-accredited degree mill.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 519 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 2 246 04-05-2024, 08:51 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,290 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 374 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az