Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning
I agree with jg_nuy, I'll leave this thread as is unless another mod wants to close or lock this, but please stay on topic (VUL Accreditation Warning).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • jg_nuy
(03-30-2024, 11:08 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote: Listen, I'm not going to argue with people over the path I took. I don't have to prove myself or VUL to anyone. 

Here is a list from this website that shows many schools that offer a 1-year or close to 18-month or more, in their doctoral programs. Let me also clear something up. VUL makes it very clear that this DHA program is an accelerated program that would normally take 2 years.

https://www.edsmart.org/shortest-doctora...ms-online/

Most doctoral students take 2 classes per semester. If VUL did that, it would take 5 semesters to complete the DHA and up to 2 additional semesters to complete the Externship requirement. Again, each student has the right to choose their program, choose their school, and choose how fast they want to go. Those choices don't make their program or length of study any less valuable or qualified. 

And at the end of the day, the USDOE and accrediting body has authorized and recognized VUL's DHA program. For those who have issues with it, tough! There's really nothing anyone can do about it! Go to another school.
Your link is not new.
And all the 1 year or 18 months program mentioned in this article is all about therapy or health pratices related.
Nothing related in " Management, Business" for under 18 months
[-] The following 1 user Likes armado's post:
  • ss20ts
For those looking for "Business, Management" and anything under 18 months, you can always review the Graduate Forum for Doctorate studies, there are a few that mention partnerships with educational providers and universities, all are roughly 15K USD or under. Link to the doctoral degree discussion sub forum, I even mentioned the UK Level 8 ladder up to US/UK DBA or DProf options in a few threads: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-D...Discussion

Edit to add: Wait, we are in the doctoral degree discussion sub forum. I meant to review, search, to do your thought process by making informed decisions and ask questions or find answers to make a diligent decision. Generally, cheap, easy, fast with best rounded ROI/Value degree of your choice...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
People will fight tooth and nail for VUL Doctorate when it is the best degree they have earned... I just did it for fun but let's be real this degree will not be respected by Ph.D. holders, DBA holders, Lawyers, Doctors, etc. It's nothing more than just a fast program that does not have a dissertation. I can bet you 90% of the people will not apply if it had a dissertation. People will defend the school because they want to feel like the degree holds much value when it doesn't. Most healthcare professionals do not need a DHA degree, their work experience is enough to get them to the position. The degree is used to bolster their resume and ego. If you want the respect that a doctorate earns, apply to a real regionally accredited program and put in the work. If a VUL degree works for you I'm happy for you but I must say I see the program as a mickey mouse doctorate and a fast easy way to earning a doctorate degree.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 2 users Like newdegree's post:
  • openair, ss20ts
(04-05-2024, 02:31 PM)newdegree Wrote: People will fight tooth and nail for VUL Doctorate when it is the best degree they have earned... I just did it for fun but let's be real this degree will not be respected by Ph.D. holders, DBA holders, Lawyers, Doctors, etc. It's nothing more than just a fast program that does not have a dissertation. I can bet you 90% of the people will not apply if it had a dissertation. People will defend the school because they want to feel like the degree holds much value when it doesn't. Most healthcare professionals do not need a DHA degree, their work experience is enough to get them to the position. The degree is used to bolster their resume and ego. If you want the respect that a doctorate earns, apply to a real regionally accredited program and put in the work. If a VUL degree works for you I'm happy for you but I must say I see the program as a mickey mouse doctorate and a fast easy way to earning a doctorate degree.

Levicoff, is that you? LOL!
(04-05-2024, 02:31 PM)newdegree Wrote: People will fight tooth and nail for VUL Doctorate when it is the best degree they have earned... I just did it for fun but let's be real this degree will not be respected by Ph.D. holders, DBA holders, Lawyers, Doctors, etc. It's nothing more than just a fast program that does not have a dissertation. I can bet you 90% of the people will not apply if it had a dissertation. People will defend the school because they want to feel like the degree holds much value when it doesn't. Most healthcare professionals do not need a DHA degree, their work experience is enough to get them to the position. The degree is used to bolster their resume and ego. If you want the respect that a doctorate earns, apply to a real regionally accredited program and put in the work. If a VUL degree works for you I'm happy for you but I must say I see the program as a mickey mouse doctorate and a fast easy way to earning a doctorate degree.

Wow. My goodness.

So you are enrolled in a second doctorate with EVMS. Curriculum - Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS), Norfolk, Hampton Roads
You put a lot of emphasis on the need for a dissertation. I am unable to see a dissertation or even a project for the DH Sc. Overall, it looks like a good RA program with a doctoral degree that most colleges and universities will recognize for entry into academics. I'm not sure about the lack of a dissertation. I see "DHSC 903 Leading Innovation is a capstone course." Did EVMS accept some of your VUL doctoral credits in transfer? The FAQs mention accepting up to 12 credits from an "accredited" school. I realize VUL is TRAC accredited.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sabi University Alpha 9 2,288 04-26-2024, 12:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Capitol Technology University PhD in Cyberpsychology Sarit1046 20 995 04-23-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 932 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Golden Gate University or Apollos DBA? kb24bi8 39 4,154 02-22-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: quanticmba
  Philosophy PhD by Thesis ~ USD $20K from Staffordshire University UK MFG 2 483 01-26-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  European International University basu888 47 16,627 01-21-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Westcliff University DBA - RA, ACBSP for $16.5k armado 4 629 01-18-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: armado
  Spain Inter-University Doctoral Programme in Business & Management durain 3 814 11-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Texila American University - $7800 online PhD (multiple fields) Kalas 9 1,742 11-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Open University of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv? kb24bi8 21 2,692 10-31-2023, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Harry101