Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WES Canada recognizes ENEB/Isabel
I saw this recently.  Someone had their Isabel/ENEB degrees recognized by WES as equivalent.  Amazing!  

I wonder if this is just a one-off thing or has WES finally changed its mind?

https://badges.wes.org/Evidence?i=205038...82&type=ca

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/jorge-j-morel/

Here's another one from WES Canada. This is from the Isabel / Structuralia partnership (similar to what ENEB does with Isabel)

https://badges.wes.org/Evidence?i=435ad3...07&type=ca
https://www.linkedin.com/in/silvia-alvarez-quevedo
[-] The following 4 users Like smartdegree's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, FastTrackDegree, JPN, Pikachu
Pretty good, i hope someone can try to submit for review for MBA from ENEB
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

WES Canada is independent of WES US, and WES is actually considered one of the more reasonable evaluators in Canada (with BCIT ICES considered the harshest). I noticed this when I was considering UK masters options and visiting immigration forums to see the results of other accreditation. It seems immigration consultants overwhelmingly recommend WES, partly because they're faster than others.

For example, WES considers Level 7 diplomas in the UK to be equivalent to a post-graduate diploma, whereas IQAS refuse to evaluate Level 7s.

Here are some more WES Canada evaluations:

https://badges.wes.org/Evidence?i=de822f...75&type=ca

https://badges.wes.org/Evidence?i=7b074b...b2&type=ca

https://badges.wes.org/Evidence?i=757361...b3&type=ca

https://badges.wes.org/Evidence?i=435ad3...07&type=ca

So yes, ENEB (at least the Spanish program) is likely equivalent to a Master's degree in Canada.

I did not notice this before, but WES has wording on the awarding of degrees by a university on behalf of a affiliated centre (of which ENEB is one).

Quote:
If you have a Título de Máster completed at a centro adscrito but awarded by a university, WES requires an official confirmation of award letter or título sent directly by the awarding university.

Do not send original documents. WES does not require any original documents to process a credential evaluation report. Documents that you submit for evaluation will not be returned and will be destroyed by WES at its sole discretion.

Source: https://applications.wes.org/required-do...alse&lan=0

Based on this, it appears that these graduates convinced Universidad Isabel I to send the documents directly to WES Canada? Which I don't think I've seen a forum member successfully do prior.
[-] The following 2 users Like JPN's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, Pikachu
(01-03-2023, 10:44 PM)JPN Wrote: Based on this, it appears that these graduates convinced Universidad Isabel I to send the documents directly to WES Canada? Which I don't think I've seen a forum member successfully do prior.

Neh. Isabel will not send transcripts for their outside propios under any circumstance. They don't keep full transcript records themselves, and it would require a whole different huge operation to keep track of and send them out considering how many programs they oversee.

What's most likely is that WES Canada just accepted their ENEB transcripts.

As an aside, WES USA does recognize the ENEB-Isabel degree as equivalent to a U.S. Masters, but unaccredited. That may or may not have changed since we saw an evaluation from them seemingly 2 years ago.

WES Canada and WES USA are the same company working in two different countries. Whether they have any policy differences I'm not aware of, but it's possible, and that would suck for U.S. ENEB degree holders. If I were any of them, I'd petition WES USA over that. May not get anywhere because WES USA is not a very receptive or understanding place... at all... but it's worth a shot.
(01-04-2023, 06:27 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 10:44 PM)JPN Wrote: Based on this, it appears that these graduates convinced Universidad Isabel I to send the documents directly to WES Canada? Which I don't think I've seen a forum member successfully do prior.

Neh. Isabel will not send transcripts for their outside propios under any circumstance. They don't keep full transcript records themselves, and it would require a whole different huge operation to keep track of and send them out considering how many programs they oversee.

That isn't what was asked by WES, but rather the titulo itself or the letter of award needed to be sent by the Universidad. I am sure ENEB can send the transcript directly (do you think they typically only send paper transcripts to WES?). Without having done the evaluation myself, I can't really speak for the process. It could also be that this is a relatively new requirement imposed.

The third badge that I listed was issued in November 2022, so I think you may be right though.

Quote:As an aside, WES USA does recognize the ENEB-Isabel degree as equivalent to a U.S. Masters, but unaccredited. That may or may not have changed since we saw an evaluation from them seemingly 2 years ago.

WES Canada and WES USA are the same company working in two different countries. Whether they have any policy differences I'm not aware of, but it's possible, and that would suck for U.S. ENEB degree holders. If I were any of them, I'd petition WES USA over that. May not get anywhere because WES USA is not a very receptive or understanding place... at all... but it's worth a shot.

They are functionally different evaluation units. WES US evaluates for equivalency to US degrees. WES Canada evaluates for equivalency to Canadian degrees. There are absolutely policy differences between the two and even though they're the same companies, it requires them to hold 2 separate sets of comparative expertise.

It is likely easier to say in hindsight, but accreditation works differently in Canada, relative to the US where regional accreditation commissions are the norm. The exact underlying differences, I don't know. I also imagine petitioning WES USA over it is more likely to just kill the equivalency for WES Canada and ruin it for everyone.
[-] The following 2 users Like JPN's post:
  • cerich67, openair
Another one that I found:

https://badges.wes.org/Evidence?i=726b23...8b&type=ca

https://badges.wes.org/Evidence?i=4edaed...d9&type=ca

Not sure if posted before.
Interesting.
Still very much frustrated I will never be able to work for the Spanish Government.

Universidad Isabel I/ENEB, 22/23:  You Pick!
(01-04-2023, 06:27 AM)eLearner Wrote:

As an aside, WES USA does recognize the ENEB-Isabel degree as equivalent to a U.S. Masters, but unaccredited. That may or may not have changed since we saw an evaluation from them seemingly 2 years ago.

I suppose it's because there is just no such thing as an unaccredited university in Canada; a master's degree is just a master's degree up North. 

If you remove the &type=ca in the badge link, it'll have the US header, but in the details still list Canada equivalent. It may be worth it to get it evaluated for Canada and just use the badge without the ending if you live in the US.
deleted......................

Not saying this as an attack: I hope the board can get an upgrade at some point to change the way quoting works. I just had a 3-tiered quote and lost the entire thing when I hit send, because somehow the system decided not to post it and somehow reverted to an older version that I had already removed. I'd love if this whole thing just worked the way it does at places like DegreeInfo where it's seamless and neat.

Not meant as an attack of any sort, I just want to be able to post a thorough reply to some things without it looking like a mess of quotes or without it not posting correctly like what I just described.

I'd also love for it to no longer combine posts into one like this. Each post should be separate, never combined. The combining only adds to the mess.

JPN: That isn't what was asked by WES, but rather the titulo itself or the letter of award needed to be sent by the Universidad. I am sure ENEB can send the transcript directly (do you think they typically only send paper transcripts to WES?). Without having done the evaluation myself, I can't really speak for the process. It could also be that this is a relatively new requirement imposed.

The third badge that I listed was issued in November 2022, so I think you may be right though.

Given its setup, I'm sure ENEB sends the majority of its documents electronically, it's just that Isabel won't send anything for any of the propio programs they oversee. I seem to recall a point during the whole ordeal beginning in 2020 when WES was accepting documents electronically as pretty much all evaluators were. I'm not 100% sure though and could be confusing them with other agencies. Someone who has had an evaluation in the past 2+ years or so with them might chime in to shed light on that.

JPN: WES US evaluates for equivalency to US degrees. WES Canada evaluates for equivalency to Canadian degrees.

Yes, that part is obvious. But what I was getting at speaks to a central stance on certain types of degrees and/or certain schools. There are programs that neither the U.S. nor Canadian units of WES will even accept for evaluation. I imagine that isn't a mere coincidence and is the result of information being shared between the two.

JPN: I also imagine petitioning WES USA over it is more likely to just kill the equivalency for WES Canada and ruin it for everyone.

If that were to happen, WES shouldn't be in business anymore. That wouldn't be a rational, professional way to handle a situation and would show WES as a detriment to the field and to many applicants besides ENEB students.

A challenge to an evaluation position should never trigger a punishment-style action in response.

(01-05-2023, 03:46 AM)Silvious Wrote: I suppose it's because there is just no such thing as an unaccredited university in Canada; a master's degree is just a master's degree up North. 

If you remove the &type=ca in the badge link, it'll have the US header, but in the details still list Canada equivalent. It may be worth it to get it evaluated for Canada and just use the badge without the ending if you live in the US.

Although there has been a push to build it, Canada doesn't have a formal accreditation structure like the U.S. has where students would expect schools to be accredited by specific recognized accreditors. As I understand it, in Canada these things are handled by government but in a more QA-like manner.

With regard to your second block, if it's only kept to badges a person may get by. But once documents are asked for (and they could be), and it reveals that it's an evaluation meant for Canada, the deck of cards will fall. Or, the people viewing the docs may just say "good enough", that could happen as well. I wouldn't risk it myself though.
(01-05-2023, 08:44 AM)eLearner Wrote: Given its setup, I'm sure ENEB sends the majority of its documents electronically, it's just that Isabel won't send anything for any of the propio programs they oversee. I seem to recall a point during the whole ordeal beginning in 2020 when WES was accepting documents electronically as pretty much all evaluators were. I'm not 100% sure though and could be confusing them with other agencies. Someone who has had an evaluation in the past 2+ years or so with them might chime in to shed light on that.

Here is the email I received from ENEB when I asked about the procedure for sending documents to WES, and whether UI1 could send an awarding letter.

Quote:We have a digital partnership with WES. We will send the transcript and degrees issued by us, ENEB Business School, as WES does not accept any documents on behalf of Universidad Isabel l. Please bear in mind that each case is evaluated individually by WES, so you must assure that all requirements can be fulfilled.

In order to process your request and send the documents to WES, you will need to pay a small administration fee, which can be done through the link below:

Special Request

Also please provide us with your reference number from WES, and any additional information you would like included. 

We remain at your disposal for any further information.

Additionally, UI1 lists ENEB as a Centro colaboradores, not a centro adscrito, so my previous point is probably moot if people have been able to be successfully have their degrees evaluated. With respect to the Centros colaboradores, if you search '{schoolname} and "Verified International Academic Qualifications" site:linkedin.com' on the different search engines (as each pops up a different result set), you could likely find more evidence for WES evaluating Titulo Propio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JPN's post:
  • eLearner

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 0 49 3 hours ago
Last Post: Lorvey
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,663 515,896 11 hours ago
Last Post: eLearner
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,040 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 309 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,004 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 712 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,466 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,616 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
  Why does DegreeForum like ENEB Pinko64 56 7,465 02-04-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: housecat
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,132 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat