Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Curriculum and Instruction Master's
Anyone out there able to give me advice re: completing the WGU Curriculum and Instruction program quickly?

Thanks in advance!
Define quickly?
Yes, can you provide more information?
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Masters University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(04-25-2023, 12:01 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Define quickly?

Less than 6 months...

(04-25-2023, 10:07 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: Yes, can you provide more information?

Is it within the realm of possibility to complete this program in 3 months?  I am hoping to complete it between June 1 and August 31.
There's no way anyone could possibly answer this definitively. Has someone completed the degree in 3 months? Probably. Can you? There's no way any of us would know. I'm starting a degree at WGU on Monday. My goal is to be done in 6 months so 1 term. Will it happen? Don't know as don't know what coursework I'll need to complete or what the assignments are. I also don't know if anything will happen in life or the world during the next 6 months. I have a plan which I know will change over time. Do you have 40+ hours a week to work on courses? With no distractions? Do you have previous knowledge of the subjects? An interest in the subjects? How are you at writing papers? Are you able to work on your own setting your own deadlines with no one giving you deadlines or due dates? Not everyone can work in this manner.
[-] The following 3 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle, signgirl, TINASAM
(04-26-2023, 12:37 PM)ss20ts Wrote: There's no way anyone could possibly answer this definitively. Has someone completed the degree in 3 months? Probably. Can you? There's no way any of us would know. I'm starting a degree at WGU on Monday. My goal is to be done in 6 months so 1 term. Will it happen? Don't know as don't know what coursework I'll need to complete or what the assignments are. I also don't know if anything will happen in life or the world during the next 6 months. I have a plan which I know will change over time. Do you have 40+ hours a week to work on courses? With no distractions? Do you have previous knowledge of the subjects? An interest in the subjects? How are you at writing papers? Are you able to work on your own setting your own deadlines with no one giving you deadlines or due dates? Not everyone can work in this manner.

Thank you for your advice, this is exactly how I completed my BA. I was hoping to hear from someone who was able to accomplish accelerated program completion for some tips.
There's a Facebook group for that degree. Looks like quite an active group as well. I would join that for questions and support. Good luck! Search: "WGU Curriculum and Instruction"
[-] The following 4 users Like teejayb's post:
  • arbitrarysky, origamishuttle, signgirl, ss20ts
(04-26-2023, 01:07 PM)teejayb Wrote: There's a Facebook group for that degree. Looks like quite an active group as well. I would join that for questions and support. Good luck! Search: "WGU Curriculum and Instruction"

Interesting. Going to see if there's an FB group for my long named degree.
The Facebook group for WGU Teacher's College also has a ton of posts on the MS in C&I. From what I've seen, this master's is recommended over the Ed Tech one for max acceleration. I've seen quite a few teachers say they finished the whole degree over summer break and some change. You'll need access to a group of learners for at least one of the courses so it wouldn't hurt to extend it into the school year (assuming that you are a teacher lol).
Associate of Arts in Social and Behavior Sciences (May 2022)
Bachelor of General Studies (In Progress, Texas A&M University-Commerce)
(04-28-2023, 10:45 AM)arbitrarysky Wrote: The Facebook group for WGU Teacher's College also has a ton of posts on the MS in C&I. From what I've seen, this master's is recommended over the Ed Tech one for max acceleration. I've seen quite a few teachers say they finished the whole degree over summer break and some change. You'll need access to a group of learners for at least one of the courses so it wouldn't hurt to extend it into the school year (assuming that you are a teacher lol).

Thanks for the tip!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,736 536,889 11 hours ago
Last Post: spree610
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,097 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 190 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 603 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 587 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,653 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,814 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 264 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 661 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 846 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer