Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA Course Configuration Input Needed
Lightbulb 
My term starts November 1. I already have the papers for one class completed. But what I want to know is based on your own experiences what order would you arrange the courses in from easiest to hardest? or whatever logic you think works best based on your experience.

Managing Organizations and Leading People

Managing Human Capital

Global Economics for Managers

Management Communication

Marketing

Accounting for Decision Makers

Ethical Leadership

Financial Management

Data-Driven Decision Making

Operations Management

MBA Capstone

Any feedback or tips are appreciated.
(10-17-2018, 05:05 PM)jjsafari Wrote: My term starts November 1. I already have the papers for one class completed. But what I want to know is based on your own experiences what order would you arrange the courses in from easiest to hardest? or whatever logic you think works best based on your experience.

Managing Organizations and Leading People

Managing Human Capital

Global Economics for Managers

Management Communication

Marketing

Accounting for Decision Makers

Ethical Leadership

Financial Management

Data-Driven Decision Making

Operations Management

MBA Capstone

Any feedback or tips are appreciated.

I would crosspost this on the WGA subreddit page. Not very many people here have completed the WGU MBA yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes alexf.1990's post:
  • Johmford
Just based on what I know from the BSBA, I would do all the management-type courses first (Managing Organizations and Leading People, Managing Human Capital, Management Communication, Ethical Leadership), then Marketing, then Operations Management, then the 4 math/business/finance courses (Accounting for Decision Makers, Global Economics for Managers, Financial Management, Data-Driven Decision Making).

But take that with a grain of salt, since I have done neither WGU nor an MBA. I'm just going from what I personally thought was easiest for a BSBA (and these seem very similar to the BSBA core). Also, what I think are easier may or may not be what you would think was easy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Johmford
Alot of this depends on your existing knowledge. I would group like for like courses together (finance/accounting), but for the most part they are different. My approach was to try to have 1 course that required a test and 1 that required a paper. That let me work on the test while sitting in task queue.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
[-] The following 3 users Like mednat's post:
  • dfrecore, GoodYellowDogs, Johmford
I did one of the practice assessments the other day. Anyone know how close those are to the objective assessments?
(10-22-2018, 04:32 PM)jjsafari Wrote: I did one of the practice assessments the other day. Anyone know how close those are to the objective assessments?

In my experience so far, it depends on the course.  The Managing Human Capital (C202) objective assessment covered the same topics but seemed a bit more difficult than the pre-assessment.   The Accounting for Decision Makers (C213) objective assessment also covered the same topics as the pre-assessment, but seemed easier to me. 

Good luck on your OA!
WGU MBA IT Management Feb. 2019
Excelsior BSLA April 2018
University of Indianapolis - 61 credits
Davar - Computer Lit, Org Behavior 
DSST - Principles Of Statistics, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision,Substance Abuse 
Excelsior - Bioethics, Assoc Capstone, Bachelors Capstone 
Straighterline - Personal Fitness & Wellness, Cultural Anthropology, Student Success, Criminal Justice, Env Science, Medical Terminology, Pharmacology 1, Bus Ethics
Sophia.org - Effective Teams, Project Management, Intro to Info Tech

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kima's post:
  • Johmford
(10-22-2018, 06:02 PM)Kima Wrote: jjsafariI did one of the practice assessments the other day. Anyone know how close those are to the objective assessments?

In my experience so far, it depends on the course.  The Managing Human Capital (C202) objective assessment covered the same topics but seemed a bit more difficult than the pre-assessment.   The Accounting for Decision Makers (C213) objective assessment also covered the same topics as the pre-assessment, but seemed easier to me. 

Good luck on your OA!

Good to know! Any tips or strategies for the courses?
I did the MSML with WGU.  The student mentor (they're called something else now, don't remember what) will determine the order of the courses.  You can have some input, but they know how to guide you. Mine set me up for success by targeting the "easy" courses first to inspire motivation.  Trust them with their process.
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate
So far my courses appear to be in the same order as they were prior to being assigned a mentor other than the first semester reflecting approved.

I have noticed that some of the instruction for some of the courses appear to be very vague, anyone want to volunteeer to answer my course specific questions for the MBA? Ex: what do they actually want you to do when they evaluate the communication modalities?
(10-23-2018, 01:20 PM)jjsafari Wrote: So far my courses appear to be in the same order as they were prior to being assigned a mentor other than the first semester reflecting approved.

I have noticed that some of the instruction for some of the courses appear to be very vague, anyone want to volunteeer to answer my course specific questions for the MBA? Ex: what do they actually want you to do when they evaluate the communication modalities?

Which course are you referring to?  Most courses include a detailed explanation of what is expected in the PA under the Course Tips section menu.  Some are in the form of videos and others are documents.  I usually check out Course Tips before I do anything else in a course.
WGU MBA IT Management Feb. 2019
Excelsior BSLA April 2018
University of Indianapolis - 61 credits
Davar - Computer Lit, Org Behavior 
DSST - Principles Of Statistics, Intro to Business, Principles of Supervision,Substance Abuse 
Excelsior - Bioethics, Assoc Capstone, Bachelors Capstone 
Straighterline - Personal Fitness & Wellness, Cultural Anthropology, Student Success, Criminal Justice, Env Science, Medical Terminology, Pharmacology 1, Bus Ethics
Sophia.org - Effective Teams, Project Management, Intro to Info Tech

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Input on My Amberton University Master's/HR Certification Plan Claudia P 8 572 02-13-2024, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Online MSCS from University of Colorado Boulder, No bachelor’s degree needed frankc 13 3,028 04-22-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  RA Masters needed 18 old credits BethB 7 1,198 04-09-2021, 12:06 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Advice needed on which Grad school to choose lyndsey233 15 3,338 12-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: lyndsey233
  Need Input/Advice ThatBankDude 7 1,409 02-14-2020, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Advice needed- Graduate Program for teaching gstekis 13 4,519 08-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Last Post: sterjs