Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA Course Configuration Input Needed
(11-14-2018, 04:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh one more thing, your signature shows a few certs, and degrees, could you elaborate the concentrations if any and how you got them? Did you test out of everything but the cornerstone and capstone? Thanks

I had about 68 traditional credits the rest were CLEP, DSST, SDC, TEEX and the Capstone at TESU. At the beginning of this year I had 55 credits. I usually do pretty well on tests so the CLEP and dsst worked well for me.

They were all pretty general degrees except one of the AAS is a criminal justice degree. I did do a good bit of business courses when I was pursuing a business undergrad. I technically have 2 associate in art, a CJ cert from the local CC, the pierpont AAS, a CJ AAS and the BALS.

Somewhat unrelated, but I also have the CFE and CAMS certs and a green belt. At this point I am just filling in the white space on my resume...
Anyone who has completed DDDM what data did you analyze and why?

Anyone who has completed the capstone what business problem did you solve?
18/34.

Financial Management final assessment was, I think, more difficult than the pre-assessment. So far they have mostly been equal.
21/34

An advanced calculator was not needed for accounting for decision makers. Knowledge of terms and cost accounting practices is helpful.
(11-24-2018, 01:33 PM)jjsafari Wrote: 21/34

An advanced calculator was not needed for accounting for decision makers. Knowledge of terms and cost accounting practices is helpful.

Is a financial calculator needed for any of the finance or accounting related courses in the MBA program?
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(11-24-2018, 06:25 PM)Merlin Wrote:

Is a financial calculator needed for any of the finance or accounting related courses in the MBA program?

I’ve used a basic calculator for financial management, but a more advanced calculator would probably have been better to calculate present value/future value of investments and such.

For accounting for decision makers a regular basic calculator was sufficient.

Global Econ I have read does not need a calculator but I am taking that next Saturday, the protest did not need one at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johmford's post:
  • Merlin

I have found that a financial calculator is beneficial when calculating NPV, PV, FV, etc. When you start looking at cash flow of an investment and you are needing to calculate NPV, it is VERY beneficial. You could always use excel but being able to enter CF0, CF1, CF2, etc. into a calculator with the interest rate, it is much quicker.

East Central University
Bachelors of Science - 2015
Biology

Southeastern Oklahoma State University
AACSB-Accredited
Masters of Business Administration - 2019
Management
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • Merlin
(11-25-2018, 01:37 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:

I have found that a financial calculator is beneficial when calculating NPV, PV, FV, etc. When you start looking at cash flow of an investment and you are needing to calculate NPV, it is VERY beneficial. You could always use excel but being able to enter CF0, CF1, CF2, etc. into a calculator with the interest rate, it is much quicker.

East Central University
Biology

AACSB-Accredited
Management

There were quite a few questions about that for the financial management class.

By the way, what bank do you work at? I’m at the red and yellow one.
(11-26-2018, 09:22 PM)jjsafari Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 01:37 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote:

East Central University
Biology

AACSB-Accredited
Management

There were quite a few questions about that for the financial management class.

By the way, what bank do you work at? I’m at the red and yellow one.

I actually work for a small bank. We have 9 locations throughout Southern Oklahoma and North Texas. That said, I am interviewing for a Program Director position tomorrow so I may not be in banking much longer.

East Central University
Biology

AACSB-Accredited
Management
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
(11-26-2018, 09:22 PM)jjsafari Wrote: By the way, what bank do you work at? I’m at the red and yellow one.

I didn't know McDonald's had joined the banking sector
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 3 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • Merlin, quigongene, ThatBankDude

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Input on My Amberton University Master's/HR Certification Plan Claudia P 8 572 02-13-2024, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Online MSCS from University of Colorado Boulder, No bachelor’s degree needed frankc 13 3,029 04-22-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  RA Masters needed 18 old credits BethB 7 1,198 04-09-2021, 12:06 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Advice needed on which Grad school to choose lyndsey233 15 3,339 12-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: lyndsey233
  Need Input/Advice ThatBankDude 7 1,409 02-14-2020, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Advice needed- Graduate Program for teaching gstekis 13 4,520 08-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Last Post: sterjs