Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU RN-BSN 7 weeks!
(11-04-2020, 03:52 PM)LongRoad Wrote: My opinion is that the desire for BSNs in the workplace is sort of silly. Most nurses who attended and got an RN from a nursing program attached to a hospital or a community college know how to be a nurse. Should they want to advance to become a supervisor, or go into quality assurance, or something like that, a bachelor's degree could prove helpful.

Congratulations of handling this so quickly.

Where I live, most of the hospitals are Magnet and they wont hire ASN or ADN nurses AT ALL. I had to get a job in a small community hospital almost 40 minutes form home when I lived across the street from a hospital that wouldn't hire me because I didn't have a BSN. Ive been an RN since 2002 and couldn't get a job!. The ANA has pushed the BSN and dangle Magnet status now so the hospitals ate it up. I did what I had to do. Now I'm addicted and want all the letters behind my name, so no one ever tells me NO again. If you decide to go back, 

WGU is the best choice for adult working RNs
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
[-] The following 2 users Like cwendy111's post:
  • rachel83az, SALLY4B
(11-05-2020, 03:36 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 03:52 PM)LongRoad Wrote: My opinion is that the desire for BSNs in the workplace is sort of silly. Most nurses who attended and got an RN from a nursing program attached to a hospital or a community college know how to be a nurse. Should they want to advance to become a supervisor, or go into quality assurance, or something like that, a bachelor's degree could prove helpful.

Where I live, most of the hospitals are Magnet and they wont hire ASN or ADN nurses AT ALL. I had to get a job in a small community hospital almost 40 minutes form home when I lived across the street from a hospital that wouldn't hire me because I didn't have a BSN. Ive been an RN since 2002 and couldn't get a job!. The ANA has pushed the BSN and dangle Magnet status now so the hospitals ate it up. I did what I had to do. Now I'm addicted and want all the letters behind my name, so no one ever tells me NO again. If you decide to go back, 

I'm so encouraged after reading this! I hope to start Nsg Informatics with WGU in January too.
(11-27-2020, 10:41 PM)SALLY4B Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 03:36 AM)cwendy111 Wrote:

I'm so encouraged after reading this! I hope to start Nsg Informatics with WGU in January too.

I am in the Informatics program and hope to graduate before the New Year. May not happen, but that's my goal! I have a Facebook group you can join for all the new upgraded D courses which are the same MSN core for everyone. It's called the WGU MSN D Course Renegades. Just answer all the questions for an automatic add! Good luck!!!

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
SL - Personal Finance 
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
AAS Nursing
So I completed the MSN Nursing Informatics yesterday!!!! I lost a bunch of time due to administrative bureaucracy with getting my courses accelerated towards the end of my MSN Core courses which ate up a bunch of my time. Despite the time theft, I have now completed the BSN and MSN in 7 months having started the BSN in June. I had to take a 2nd term in December due to the time I lost in records hell and end of term acceleration limit rules. I completed 4 Nursing Informatics courses this month to finish the program. Next for me is ANCC certification and considering an MBA in June...

Again, I must state that I couldn't have done this without this forum. The knowledge I have gained here was so empowering and life changing. Now to get my kid thru HS & college the alternative credit way!

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 1.00.24 PM.png (Size: 25.91 KB / Downloads: 18)

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020

Credits Taken
SL - Personal Finance 
AAS Nursing
[-] The following 1 user Likes cwendy111's post:
  • rachel83az
Completing a BSN and an MSN in just 2 terms is amazing! Way to go!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • cwendy111