Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone out there ever get their Bachelors from WGU in one semester?
Hi all,
I heard of people actually finishing their undergrad from Western Governors in one semester.  If so, what degree did they get it in and also wanted to know how it went.  I am sure there is a thread on this forum but have not be able to find it.

Thanks all
There are several posts in https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU that mention doing it, so pretty sure it's possible. I'm personally hoping to do it as well.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

I've known several people on this forum who've done it, with several different degrees (IT, business). Most transfer in a lot of credits. If you can transfer in 60-75% (or so) of the degree, then you can finish in 1 term. If you're starting from scratch though, I'm doubtful you can do it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My son completed his HR Management degree in one term - I posted this on your other thread but figured I'd put it here as well in case someone might not read the other thread.

For the record, he could have very easily completed 3 or 4 more courses and still done it all in one term. He wasn't sure what to expect so completed as many transferable courses as possible prior to enrolling.

Attached Files
.jpg   wgu transcript eval.jpg (Size: 307.21 KB / Downloads: 46)
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
[-] The following 2 users Like rowan555's post:
  • mdel210201, quigongene
If i didn't have to do any IT certs with my degree I could have easily finished in a term. But I took 9 of them during my program, and it ending up taking me just over two terms. Like others have said, if you're transferring in a lot and are familiar with your program subject matter, it's not impossible. But it is entirely up to you, your effort, your prior knowledge and work, and your drive.

For what it's worth, pretty much every story I've seen of some insane amount of credits in one term come out of the business programs.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
This guy managed to complete about 2/3 of his degree in THREE months. It's possible he could've done the whole thing in one term and probably still had time for other activities.

There's a lot of variation out there between ability and competency in the subjects. I did about a fourth of my degree last term and honestly didn't even think about school for more than half of the term. Had I actually kept my progression, I would've likely finished half of my degree requirements in 1 term pretty easily. As JSD said, the certifications slow you down but if you're looking for something that's light on certifications, it would be much easier to get things done.
My WGU BS-NOS Accountability thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=28160

WGU BS Network Operations and Security 9/18
WGU MS Cybersecurity and Information Assurance 5/20

DONE!
[-] The following 1 user Likes theonlyski's post:
  • mdel210201

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU to launch new accelerated bachelors to masters degree MNomadic 17 5,250 06-13-2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Are 55 credits doable in 1 semester mohelena02 12 2,378 01-19-2022, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BCIA - Bachelors of Cybersecurity and Information Assurance supremodegato 3 1,390 01-13-2021, 11:12 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  COSC bachelors to WGU MBA adegree4me 3 1,202 12-14-2020, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  WGU second bachelors? Kaskadian 1 3,512 01-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Last Post: jsd