Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Term Start/Acceptance Question......
This may sound silly, and I apologize LOL, but, I'm under a time constraint to enter WGU's MBA program on 12-1-17 (because this year is the last year my employer will pay for any college tuition), sooooooooooo....

I haven't graduated TESU yet. 

1.  I want to know if it is at all possible to be accepted into WGU MBA program *without* completing your Bachelors yet?

2.  If it is not (which is likely), will they take a transcript showing *COMPLETION* of all required courses, in lieu of the degree?  At least initially? (the reason is that I will be done with my undergrad *courses* in about a month....but I won't have the *money* to graduate for a couple of more months...(not sure if I can use Financial Aid for TESU Graduation Fees?)

So, basically I'm flying through a tight window here, and am trying to just make it, lol!

Thanks for any help!  Please let me know if I wasn't clear, typing on my phone. :-)
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Quickly email and call WGU to find out from the Admissions Reps or Enrollment Counselors.
1) You need everything for the Bachelors to be complete in order for them to process the application.
2) You need to speak with an Enrollment Counselor, I think there's also an Admissions Interview as well.

I highly think you're not going to make admissions, but you may make it for the next "term", terms start monthly.
I think you're outside the time crunch, you may be better off going with Patten/Hodges, do email/ask them as well.
Does it have to be WGU, can you go with any other school like Hodges or Patten, or another institution?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Toastmaster
I think some one else tried something similar with WGU and they wouldn't even accept official notice from TESU that they had met all requirements from for the TESI BSBA and conferral would happen on x date. I know that's bad news for you, and you should still follow up with WGU to see of anything could be worked out, but it might be an uphill battle. 

I think Patten WOULD accept notice of completion from TESU prior to conferral... But Patten is not the best choice.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Toastmaster
Hey I just wanted to chime in and say that you should talk to multiple enrollment counselors. I had a hard time with almost everyone I've talked to there, everyone had different answers that were contradictory and it was a huge mess!

I finally found a great enrollment counselor in the business college and he was upfront and very knowledgeable. If you want, I can get his name and number for you when I get off of work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kirsten's post:
  • Toastmaster
(09-15-2017, 06:45 PM)Kirsten Wrote: Hey I just wanted to chime in and say that you should talk to multiple enrollment counselors. I had a hard time with almost everyone I've talked to there, everyone had different answers that were contradictory and it was a huge mess!

I finally found a great enrollment counselor in the business college and he was upfront and very knowledgeable. If you want, I can get his name and number for you when I get off of work.

Yes please!  I would really appreciate that.  Thank you!!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
In order to pay your graduation fee why not open up a new CC credit card one with a sign-up bonus and one that has 0% APR for 12-15 months.

Plenty cards around with 200 dollars sign up bonuses. Just use the card to pay the graduation waiver and the final fees

1800 residency waiver+ 357 for graduation? Pay off as much of that as possible right off the back so you are not hit with a high utilization. And just pay the rest over time. Don't use the card until you pay everything off.

Use the sign-up bonus towards the remaining balance.

It is 0 percent interest so just do either the minimum or 200 dollars a month towards it.

Wells Fargo has a promo right now with 200 bonus with the first 1k spent in 3 months, 0 APR, 0 Anual fee.

If I go the WGU Masters route. I am going to sign up for the Chase Saphire Rewards card and just pay for the semester with that. SO I get 50,000k points which can be used toward 675 for travel.

I got to pay 3000 anyway, might as well get some travel points while I am at it.
TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
Computer Information Systems
General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
CIS AOS-
TEEX- Bus for IT + IT Professional = 4 UL
Study.com- Digital Marketing = 3 UL
University- Hardware Support Esentials = 4 LL C
Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL C
SL- C++ Programming 4 UL
CSU Global - System Analysis & Design = 3 C

Gen Man AOS-
Study.com- HRM, Digital Marketing,
SL - Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Organzitional Behavior.
DAU- Contact Administration, Defense Procurement Management

[-] The following 1 user Likes yb1's post:
  • Toastmaster
(09-15-2017, 06:55 PM)Toastmaster Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 06:45 PM)Kirsten Wrote: Hey I just wanted to chime in and say that you should talk to multiple enrollment counselors. I had a hard time with almost everyone I've talked to there, everyone had different answers that were contradictory and it was a huge mess!

Yes please!  I would really appreciate that.  Thank you!!!

Edited to remove information
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kirsten's post:
  • Toastmaster
Posting individual's phone numbers (even work numbers) on the forum without permission is not cool at all!!!

If you have permission, I apologize.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(09-15-2017, 11:48 PM)davewill Wrote: Posting individual's phone numbers (even work numbers) on the forum without permission is not cool at all!!!

If you have permission, I apologize.

Even though the comment seems a little over the top, if there is a forum rule of not sharing numbers, even though there are countless posts scattered with them, I will ablidge by the 'not cool at all' rule and remove my resource.

Good luck to the OP on getting everything squared away.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I don't know about an official "forum rule", but common courtesy dictates that the person should get to decide whether they want the exposure of being publicly listed.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Walden or WGU MBA in 1 term... Arkansas-study 6 304 04-04-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 339 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  Confused on best way to start xsephia 10 582 02-27-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tips for success at WGU (to finish in a single term) Merlin 2 5,377 01-19-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: nykorn
  Question about class line up for Software Engineering degree Omece 2 982 10-03-2023, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Omece
  Career Question, Business Management or Cyber Security? Oneautumn7 22 1,687 08-06-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Oneautumn7
  Will start in over a month, what can I do in the mean time? thepoetvd776 5 793 01-15-2023, 06:17 PM
  WGU MBA Reddit - Finish in 1 term bjcheung77 26 12,191 10-31-2021, 04:00 PM
  My One Term WGU MBA Popestt 8 5,775 01-13-2021, 05:04 PM
Last Post: LongRoad
  WGU term breaks? KellyClyde 0 3,408 09-25-2020, 12:27 PM
Last Post: KellyClyde