Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU is offering reverse transfers! How can I take advantage of this?
So WGU is offering reverse transfers now! I'm very interested in getting this milestone, but I have a small problem.  I took 60 credits at PGCC, but that school isn't participating.  I took 7 credits at Scottsdale CC, which is participating. But they require that 15 credits be taken there for graduation.

So, I'm wondering if there are any schools that do not have this requirement.  I am considering taking the 6 credit real estate course since I'd like to do that eventually or maybe getting a database admin cert. But I really don't want to pay for it.  

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome! Thanks.
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
This really is only good for participating schools. Your best bet, if you want to get an AA/AS, is to back to the school where you got your 60cr and see what it would take to complete an AA/AS there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This isn't new, they've been doing it for years.

The community college I attended actually participates. I tried to get a second Associates through the back transfer, but I knew it was mostly a useless endeavor since my CC already awarded me an AA. They never responded to my/WGU's inquiry (understandably)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(06-16-2020, 10:21 PM)jsd Wrote: This isn't new, they've been doing it for years.

The community college I attended actually participates. I tried to get a second Associates through the back transfer, but I knew it was mostly a useless endeavor since my CC already awarded me an AA. They never responded to my/WGU's inquiry (understandably)

I had the same issue with my CC. They never simply never responded, so I just gave up on the endeavor.

I hope others have better luck and are able to obtain their associate this way!
(06-16-2020, 09:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This really is only good for participating schools.  Your best bet, if you want to get an AA/AS, is to back to the school where you got your 60cr and see what it would take to complete an AA/AS there.

I thought about that. But I changed majors so many times I don't really have anything. I'm going to look over it again to see if I can finesse a General Studies degree. But I really wanted it to be specific, like Business or something.
Currently working on: BSBA-Accounting @ WGU

Open Source Degrees: Computer Science | Data Science | Game Development
Reverse transfers?? What thats means??
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
(06-17-2020, 08:10 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: Reverse transfers?? What thats means??

It's where you start at a 2yr CC, take a bunch of coursework, then transfer to a 4yr school, then when you've taken the remaining courses you need to get the AA/AS degree at the CC, you can send the CC the info and they'll award your AA/AS, while you continue on at the 4yr school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cecilgambe7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  Piedmont Community College offering Taylor Swift course in 2024 LevelUP 10 1,102 11-27-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Stanislav
  University of London offering 15% bursary for their MSc in Management programs nyvrem 5 838 05-26-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  PLA and transfers Ideas 3 707 01-27-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Northwestern University is offering online bachelor's degrees starting Fall 2022 nyvrem 1 1,146 12-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,488 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  University of Pennsylvania is offering a fully online undergraduate degree program. nyvrem 38 3,691 02-25-2021, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  University of London has stop offering their 6k pounds IT degrees nyvrem 10 1,850 02-14-2021, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Capella Shares Lessons Learned from 5 Years of Offering Competency-Based Programs sanantone 3 2,009 09-20-2019, 05:12 PM
Last Post: sanantone