Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU's Accounting Masters Program Questions and General WGU Questions
Hello Forum,

As my Bachelors degree gets closer and closer to completion I am once again thinking about if I want to go and get my Master's after. Can someone please answer whatever questions they can out of my list it would be much appreciated.

1. Has anyone recently done this program and would recommend it?

2. Knowing I completed a Bachelors within 1 years time, could a Master in Accounting be completed in 1 Term?

3. Do I have to wait to get the actual diploma from TESU or is the letter they send you ahead of time enough to start?

4. When do terms start at WGU, this will only be an option in the event I didn't get new employment by the time I can start the Masters. The reason for this is a Master's degree can make me eligible to skip a year of a traineeship and earn more to start and get to normal pay quicker.

My reasoning for this is it looks like $3250 per term for Master's programs (Business) and the difference between a Grade 14 and Grade 16 is $5,062 so I'd make it back technically in the first year (assuming I get that position).
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
2. Knowing I completed a Bachelors within 1 years time, could a Master in Accounting be completed in 1 Term?
Absolutely, I am just finishing My mba in less than a term.
3. Do I have to wait to get the actual diploma from TESU or is the letter they send you ahead of time enough to start?
I went through this too, The degree has to be on your transcripts or you can't enroll.
4. When do terms start at WGU? every 1st of the month. (but you need to have your enrollment completed by the 15th of the previous month.
hope this helps!!!
Bumping this again, Trying to find out what is required in each course. I don't mind some writing but I am not looking for a program that requires as much writing and the MBA. I have saw posts of others that have 2-3 papers for each class and at around 15 pages per paper. I don't think I would be able to finish those as quick. I don't mind a few classes with some papers or a paper for each class but multiple papers just kills me. Here is a list of course for the Masters in Accounting from WGU

Advanced Financial Accounting, Management Communication (I know 2 papers for this course and a PP), Advanced Managerial Accounting, Advanced Auditing, Financial Management, Advanced Tax Concepts, Fraud and Forensic Accounting, Strategic Management (I know 2 papers for this course also), and Accounting Research(I am sure there will be plenty or writing in this course).

If you have taken any of these courses please let me know what was due for each. I am building my spreadsheet trying to decide if this would be the right move for me. I will be willing and able to put in 2 terms I just want to know at this point is if I am willing to write my butt off for 1-2 terms.

Thanks!

Side Note: I am thinking of getting a second bachelors instead, but I feel it would be counter productive.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 696 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 448 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 498 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 601 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 648 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 365 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,226 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  UK Level 7/8 Diploma Questions bennyoftheD 22 2,622 03-10-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,117 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  Questions for UofPeople and Liberty University graduates Randyb100 9 1,576 02-20-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn