Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waiting over a YEAR for evaluation
You definitely should have gotten a letter for admission and a log in for OSS. That happens in the first couple of days after you pay the app fee. Sounds like you have two separate issues. You'll have to get both resolved.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
After I applied I got an email within 2 weeks with a login. I used the login to check my evaluation. My eval took 8 days after my transcripts were received by TESU. This sounds very strange.
(02-28-2018, 01:10 PM)lillingworth Wrote: I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem with TESU and the academic evaluation. My partner originally sent documents in January 2017 for an evaluation. Everything was received and we were asked to wait. The woman handling the evaluation was extremely rude and never finished the eval. We've been in contact with other staff members and are always told it's "being processed." 

There's nothing special or complicated about the transcripts sent over. Simply 3 years of classes taken at UW. Over the past year my partner has been completing classes and taking CLEP tests but it would be nice to know what is going to transfer and what won't. 

A new staff member has taken over the evaluation but it's been almost two months now. This new guy is much nicer but still nothing is getting done. 

Any suggestions?

May I ask how you know that everything was received? I ask because the first thing you'll get upon application is an ID number that allows you to check into your account and watch to see which transcripts were received. As far as I know, that's the only way to know what they have- whether or not they do an evaluation isn't a huge issue simply because when you do have all your transcripts received, you'll be able to choose from any of their degrees and the computer tool will automatically do a "see what happens" plug-in to rearrange your credits in the event of changing degrees. Honestly, you don't need to "talk to" anyone there- members here DIY their degree plans all day long and only contact the school if there is a problem.
Based on what has been said in this thread so far, I wonder if your partner maybe never finished step 1, which would have created a MyEdison account and would have given you guys access to see everything on your own. That's my guess anyway.
If you post your partner's credits, it would be easy enough to do a quick unofficial evaluation here (assuming TESU is still the target school- I understand if you're frustrated and want to look elsewhere!)
They have confirmed multiple times that all documents have been received (over the phone and through email) and have not yet generated MyEdison or OSS. So unfortunately we can't run a degree audit at this time.

They are very apologetic (except for the first woman) but at this point it's just insane. I feel horrible because I championed for TESU over the other two main schools and it turned out like this.
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

(03-01-2018, 02:36 PM)lillingworth Wrote: They have confirmed multiple times that all documents have been received (over the phone and through email) and have not yet generated MyEdison or OSS. So unfortunately we can't run a degree audit at this time.

They are very apologetic (except for the first woman) but at this point it's just insane. I feel horrible because I championed for TESU over the other two main schools and it turned out like this.

It's really time to get a little irate and escalate this however high you possibly can. In fact, I'm going to PM Marc Singer, a TESU Vice Provost, who's a member here and point him at this thread. This is beyond absurd.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • cookderosa
This really makes no sense at all. I think its time to call Key People @ TESU. Personally after a year of waiting, I'd start at the top.

https://www.tesu.edu/about/Contact-Us.cfm
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

It's so bizarre that i feel like there's some key piece I'm overlooking, because the whole scenario doesn't compute.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(03-01-2018, 03:20 PM)jsd Wrote: It's so bizarre that i feel like there's some key piece I'm overlooking, because the whole scenario doesn't compute.

I agree.  I would have walked away a long time ago, and asked that they return my money - the app fee as well as the fees for sending transcripts.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm assuming that it's a huge misunderstanding and either there's an account and eval they just don't know how to access, or that they haven't pushed hard enough to break whatever bizarre logjam developed.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-01-2018, 03:20 PM)jsd Wrote: It's so bizarre that i feel like there's some key piece I'm overlooking, because the whole scenario doesn't compute.

I feel that way too - there has to be a missing piece, but what? Hummmm.... we all love a good puzzle, but not at his expense!! Inquiring minds must know!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 141 Yesterday, 09:05 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 8 399 04-22-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,251 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 647 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  TESU Academic Evaluation & Maximum Transfer Credits bradonomics 19 2,099 09-07-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time? CanICode 10 1,310 08-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Question about my Academic Evaluation AnalysisParalysis 19 2,238 07-15-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Yolan
  Study.com, TESU Evaluation & Residency dbrown2258 33 2,510 04-24-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU evaluation question/complaint Amberlinjeanne 10 1,410 05-24-2022, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Transcript evaluation - transferring RA creds into TESU jazzcat 23 2,784 03-14-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: jazzcat