Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC and Non RA course providers
COSC accepts ACE courses if they have an agreement, they will accept Non RA course providers if they have agreements in place as well.  There is a discrepancy on their webpage as the first link doesn't indicate this, the second link indicates an example, TEL Learning is a non-collegiate course provider, they will not accept it even if the credit is on a transcript by a partner college or university.  

I usually refer to this link for transferring credit:   https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php
There is another, with this updated info.  Link 2: https://www.charteroak.edu/pla/credit-for-courses.php

From the looks of things, if COSC will not tentatively accept TEL Learning, I would assume the same for other providers such as Portage Learning, Westcott, etc, unless these providers have an agreement with COSC in place.  For people with 30+ RA credits from a community college, COSC may work for you as they can still take Study.com for upper level requirements.  For those without the RA credits, I would suggest UMPI over them for cost, ease, speed to finish.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
They should accept at least some TEL Learning courses, depending on if a syllabus is available from the college/university's website and is NOT a TEL Learning Syllabus. Some schools apparently provide this. Others do not. Without a TEL Learning syllabus, there is no way for COSC to tell whether you took a TEL course or a course directly from that school/university.

ONU is cheaper, though, and probably better for most people than TEL Learning.

But, still, I wouldn't recommend COSC for most people due to the various issues they have right now.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I can't figure out how they would know it's a TEL course or not, if they have the course in the school catalog? How on earth would COSC know??
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For that matter, I can't imagine that ANY school is going to accept it if you tell them you want to transfer in "a TEL Learning course". You find out what the equivalent is at the school where you'll be taking it and say that you want to bring in "English 101 from Random University" or whatever.

But there are a couple of schools that put TEL courses as transfer credits on the transcript OR that won't provide a native syllabus. The other schools should be fine, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,971 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,861 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 781 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,399 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,097 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,340 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,794 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,255 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,915 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,665 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso