Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was planning on WGU and Selected Financial Aid but changing to UMPI
As I mentioned in another thread, I was originally planning on attending WGU.  As part of the process, the Enrollment Counselor had me "Select My Financial Aid Plan". I have never signed a promissory note or completed the loan counseling or even signed a "Commit to start" with WGU.

I've since applied to UMPI, waiting acceptance.  Both schools are in my FAFSA. 

Do I need to go back to WGU and ... un-select the financial aid? There's nothing in the web interface that allows that, but do I need to call?  

Or will it all be a wash once I get accepted to UMPI?  Just don't want to be held up since the payment deadline for UMPI Spring 1 is 1/11.

Thanks!
You haven't accepted the WGU financial aid offer (which could include both grants and/or loans).  It is very common to have multiple schools linked to you FAFSA, as many students apply to various schools and end up taking the most generous offer (meaning the least to borrow). You do not need to remove WGU from your FAFSA (since you haven't agreed to take whatever they offered), but if it will remove any anxiety you might be having I would say go ahead and leave only the school you plan to attend active with the FAFSA. This applies to you removing the financial aid option within the WGU system; remove the selection and you'll remove any anxiety about it being 'active'
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • Darknigh7, HeatherCO, Jonathan Whatley
First thing is to decide and make up your choice between the degree and institution of your choice. Apply and send in all transcripts for your degree evaluation to complete. Then once your evaluation has come in, you can remove your Fin Aid from the institution you have decided on, this is because if the evaluation comes in not as favorable as you want or you change your mind last minute, you can remove the one you will not be using after the decision is finalized...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Darknigh7, HeatherCO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 116 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 253 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 268 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 190 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 172 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 318 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 302 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,609 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,492 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 503 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1