Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was this a mistake?
My testing center for the CLEP/DSST is at my college and they stop testing July 30 so they can have the scores for the fall semester. I am trying to graduate by December so, I signed up to take 8 tests between June 12 and July 30th

Has anyone ever taken them this close together?? I am a little nervous - any tips on how to effectively study for that many tests essentially at one time?
[SIZE="3"]Jamie[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]88 Credits from UHartford - BA Psych

Then an amazing husband and beautiful baby boy

Now:
Charter Oak State College[/SIZE]

Passed:
CLEP Sociology - 56
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling - 60
DSST Intro to Law Enforcement - 60
DSST Organizational Behavior - 59
CLEP Educational Psych - 58
DSST Foundations of Education- 53
DSST Environment/Humanity - 60
DSST Here's to your Health - 445
DSST Criminal Justice - 421
DSST Substance Abuse - 442

[SIZE="1"]Upcoming exams:
NONE! hilarious [/SIZE]
JPreuss4 Wrote:My testing center for the CLEP/DSST is at my college and they stop testing July 30 so they can have the scores for the fall semester. I am trying to graduate by December so, I signed up to take 8 tests between June 12 and July 30th

Has anyone ever taken them this close together?? I am a little nervous - any tips on how to effectively study for that many tests essentially at one time?

Its doable..........you study one at a time, and do the related subjects/test one after the other. Schedule your testings on Mondays and Fridays....This gives you three days to study between exams. There are a lot of members who have completed 8 or more in a month.....good luck.
Started 5/09
*** EXAMS PASSED***
[SIZE="1"]Hist I & II, American Gov, Intro to Comp, Prin of Markt, Intro to Bus,
Civil War and Recon, HTYH, A&I Lit, SS & His, Intro Soc, Subs Abuse,
Human G & D , Fund of Coun, Western Civ I, II, Freshman Comp, Vietnam War, Europe Since 1945, Ethics, Technical Writing, Intro to Modern Middle East[SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

TESC:
FEMA: PD Series
ALEK :[/SIZE]
[B][SIZE="1"][I]
“I think therefore I am” Rene Descartes
"Grant me the strength to change the things I can; the serenity to accept the things I can’t... and the wisdom to know the difference".Smile Smile
[/SIZE]
[/B][/I]
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Navy"]For those who believe, no proof is necessary; for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. [I][I][I][I][SIZE="1"]Stuart Chase[/SIZE][/I][/I][/I][/I]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Is there another test center in your area that you could possible take your tests at? The reason I am asking is because just incase you do not feel prepared enough you can take your time and study alittle more and not feel so stressed. Your list looks doable, I did notice you had biology list. Is that a strong subject for you? The reason I am asking because it is not the easiest of exams to take and pass.

Good Luck with all of your exams.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Really, it depends on which tests they are. Some tests are so basic that little study is required, and others... :eek:

What you are doing isn't outrageous, some people have done more in less time. In fact, if you are REALLY worried, then maybe you could try adding a couple more exams, just in case you fail a couple (which of course, you wont, but will make you feel better about the situation Smile). Since you are trying to graduate in December, maybe you could make up the (non-existent) difference by taking summer courses, or, independent study courses?
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

I took 9 exams in 25 days, two years ago. It can work if you have a lot of prior knowledge and you choose your tests carefully...AND if you are able to study full time. But I don't necessarily recommend it.

I'd look for other test centers to find ways to take some of the stress off of you. It sounds like you have a lot of responsibilities and you don't need this to become a source of undue pressure.

Good luck, whatever you decide!
Alix

[SIZE="1"]Excelsior College, B.S. in Liberal Studies (awaiting conferral)
Traditional College: 46 credits
Exams taken: 75 credits
May 2008: A&I Literature-78, General Anthropology-70 (A), Info Sys & Comp. Apps-73, American Government-60, Technical Writing-67 (A), Principles of Supervision-65 (A), Fundamentals of Counseling-68 (A), Drug & Alcohol Abuse-66 (A), Principles of Marketing-73
June 2008: Biology-73, MIS-58 (A)
April 2010: Intro to Business-444, Intro to Computers-466, ALEKS Statistics for Behavioral Science
May 2010: Civil War & Reconstruction-70 (A)
June 2010: Intro to Psych-78, Research Methods-A, Intro to Educ. Psych-72, Foundations of Education- (A)
July 2010: World Population-A
August 2010: Abnormal Psychology-A, Social Psychology-A
August 2010: Psychology of Adulthood & Aging-A
[/SIZE]
Maniac Craniac Wrote:Really, it depends on which tests they are. Some tests are so basic that little study is required, and others... :eek:

What you are doing isn't outrageous, some people have done more in less time. In fact, if you are REALLY worried, then maybe you could try adding a couple more exams, just in case you fail a couple (which of course, you wont, but will make you feel better about the situation Smile). Since you are trying to graduate in December, maybe you could make up the (non-existent) difference by taking summer courses, or, independent study courses?

Actually it depends on the test taker and not "which tests they are." There are plenty of folks who have failed exams others found simple. Truly the best decision is to take inventory of your background, experience and interests and then determine if these 8 exams are doable for you. Some have a bit of overlap and this may prove helpful to you.

Further, you need to determine how much dedication you can offer to this task. For example, many posters are full time parents with full time employment. Others may be students attending B & M schools with obligations of time to other studies. We are all unique here and its best to look at your own situation to decide whether preparing for 8 exams in this brief period is workable for you..

Preparation is key and I would caution against underestimating any exam subject you are not familar with. There are a host of study resources for all of these subjects and I would suggest you use at least two for each exam.

Finally, I strongly disagree with the advice of adding exams in a shotgun approach in hopes that you will gain enough credits to meet your goal. This approach will only serve to scatter your efforts and detract from proper study time.

Approaching these exams seriously and putting in the time and effort to prepare properly will afford you the best opportunity for success.

Best of luck to you.
[SIZE="4"]Terry[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][B][SIZE="2"]How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"]
AS and BS completed
MBA - In Progress[/SIZE]
motuterry: "Actually it depends on the test taker and not "which tests they are." There are plenty of folks who have failed exams others found simple. Truly the best decision is to take inventory of your background, experience and interests and then determine if these 8 exams are doable for you. Some have a bit of overlap and this may prove helpful to you."
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

JPreuss4 Wrote:My testing center for the CLEP/DSST is at my college and they stop testing July 30 so they can have the scores for the fall semester. I am trying to graduate by December so, I signed up to take 8 tests between June 12 and July 30th

Not a dumb question at all. I just took six tests at U of Hartford in April over a two week period. I passed all of them. The proctor there is amazing. She will totally work w/ you on scheduling.

I am a husband, father, and a 50 hr/week employee. I did mine just a couple of weeks before my school's deadline and all the results were received in time for me to walk in May.

Can you wait for any of these until the begining of the fall term? If it's early enough you should have time to graduate by Dec.
Sorry I didn't answer your question.

It seems you have them spread out enough so that you can focus on one or two at a time.

I read through each one of mine out loud because I am an auditory learner. I recorded the readings and listened to them on my iPod also. Some of the tests have mp3s you can down load. I found this very helpful.

Rember repetition is the key. The more times you go through each practice test the better.

Good Luck!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Berkeley's 220M Dollar Mistake Alpha 0 348 05-22-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Online Graduate Admitted by Mistake Denied LLM sanantone 0 555 04-06-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Excelsior advisor mistake dfwdegree 9 1,453 06-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  ACE course request mistake adavis84 1 538 03-22-2016, 09:12 AM
Last Post: alzee
  Mistake in REA for Hummanities? elizabethadavis 0 556 11-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Last Post: elizabethadavis
  Clep And Their Scoring Mistake RBOWMAN 13 2,691 08-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku