Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well ranked universities?
Hi,
 I've looked around the forum, but didn't really find much about well ranked universities that accept the most transfer credits, since university ranking is important to me and I am aware that it will be a lot more expensive. I'm thinking of majoring in psychology or history.

From what I found so far, SNHU and Liberty University are ranked somewhat well on most lists (150-170th) and accept 90 transfer credits, but I'm not sure if it's all ACE credits. Fort Hays State University also doesn't seem too badly ranked (507th).

Are there any other universities that would be worth looking at and offer online programs?
Most well-ranked universities do NOT accept ACE. They barely accept transfers from other universities (whether those other universities are ranked or not). If you don't go to an Ivy League school or a school that is noted as being top in certain fields (Georgia Tech for Comp Sci, ASU for things like space and archaeology), nobody's going to give two hoots about whether your school was ranked 100th or 1000th.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • thecontrarian
CUNY Professional Studies might be worth looking at. Higher ranked than SNHU or Liberty and doesn’t have their reputations.  They will take 105 credits in transfer, but it will be challenging, perhaps, and potentially expensive. They have a BA in psychology.

Assuming things haven’t changed recently: transfer in 60 RA credits plus 45ACE, CUNY cost would be less than $5,000 if you only need the final 15 hours from them.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid314751  (looks like the first link in this thread is dead, FWIW)

Try to get in on one of the free CC terms, if you can, to start working toward that 60?
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
'well ranked' is so vague.

what exactly is 'well ranked'
Check Florida International University online degrees!
They accept some ACE credits too:
https://transfer.fiu.edu/transfer-101/ac...d-courses/

and they have a BA in Psychology!
https://fiuonline.fiu.edu/programs/onlin...hology.php

Price is not too bad. It costs about $1k per 3-credit course. You can transfer max 90 out of 120.

They rank 162nd in USA:
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/fiu-9635

461st in the world:
https://www.usnews.com/education/best-gl...ity-133951

But they barely accept RA transfer credits... it's very hard to transfer RA credits to FIU. You have to discuss with their academic advisor before you take any RA course.
Maybe they'll accept more CLEP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • G0GinaGo
According to this list, the top 3 online psych programs are all in Florida
Best Online Psychology Degree Programs of 2021 | BestColleges
(11-28-2021, 02:54 PM)Alpha Wrote: According to this list, the top 3 online psych programs are all in Florida
Best Online Psychology Degree Programs of 2021 | BestColleges

Florida seems like a great location for case studies of "Florida Men."
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • jsd
I'm not at all sure that you need a well-ranked school for a Psychology degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hmm, I think this question has been asked several times over... If you're thinking of History or Psychology or practically any other degree, unless you get into the Top 50 in the USA it'll be almost the same. Rankings vary so wildly and each degree subject has a different ranking, ROI, Value. Essentially, you should focus on your undergraduate at a public or state university, when you get to the graduate level you can then decide on a "better" known institution. Having said that, if you're just looking for an associates and a bachelors being your final goal, then yeah, a public/state community college for the Associates and then select a better known university to finish that Bachelors.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The rankings you are getting confused.  There is a difference between LU and LU online.  Same for PU and PUG.

LU online does accept up to 90 transfer credits.  I don't know if it is possible to map out 90 alt credits for basic Liberal Studies or Business degree programs.
https://www.liberty.edu/online/transfer-partnerships/

SNHU accepts 90 credits as well. Though I can't find a study.com equivalency guide (study.com is accepted) for them which prevents easy mapping of credits.  That school has over 100,000 students.
https://snhu.sophia.org/#courses

Some people do want to go to a popular or name brand school even if the school isn't accelerated or costs more.  $12,000 a year tuition is only $5500 with a Pell Grant.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 183 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Blacklisted foreign universities in Nigeria Imbanewbie 1 371 01-13-2024, 03:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finnish Universities (XAMK etc.) (incl. CS/IT courses!) sarahmac 32 7,677 06-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: wow
  WGU, SNHU, University of the People - Mega Universities bjcheung77 8 2,183 03-27-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Anglia Ruskin, Brunel, Coventry Universities - FutureLearn Offerings bjcheung77 0 520 03-25-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  When Universities slap their names on for profit coding bootcamps davewill 0 462 03-20-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Universities have become partners with online sports-betting companies Imbanewbie 1 828 12-06-2022, 11:48 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Hardest languages to learn - 25 ranked bjcheung77 1 799 11-14-2022, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Top 10 US Universities That Produce the Most Staff for Global Tech Firms LevelUP 11 1,370 09-26-2022, 01:50 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DeSantis signs bill limiting tenure at Florida public universities Pats20 34 3,029 07-16-2022, 04:36 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle