Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Coast Bible College & Seminary
For those looking for a quality Doctor of Ministry from a nationally accredited evangelical institution, you might want to check out West Coast Bible College & Seminary. The school is currently being considered for accreditation by the DEAC and, from first hand experience I can tell you that the coursework is sufficiently rigorous and worthwhile. For admissions into the DMin program, WCBCS requires sixty graduate hours. The school also has undergraduate programs and an MMin with several different majors.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rev's post:
  • DeanLewis
Assuming they do get DEAC accreditation and are still allowed to do Doctoral degrees, the price isn't too bad (also assuming tuition stays the same):

Quote:TUITION MAXIMUM:

The annual tuition amount for all WCBCS programs is $1,500.  An interest-free monthly payment plan of $125 is available to all students.   The first payment is due prior to course access being provided and within 30 days of signing this agreement.  Because students have access to all program materials throughout their program, this monthly payment will be due even if the student chooses not to submit assignments during the month.  The annual tuition fee, or monthly payments, will be due as scheduled until the student completes all courses and applies for graduation, officially withdraws, or completes the maximum tuition payment due for the program.

Maximum tuition due for Bachelor program:  $6,000.00
Maximum tuition due for Master program:  $4,500.00
Maximum tuition due for Doctoral program:  $4,500.00

The yearly fee is actually cheaper than NationsU's tuition of $450/quarter ($1800/year).
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
A member of the board finished the NationsU degree in a year, back then they did it for roughly $1K. If WCBCS is going to allow that option to complete the entire degree in a year, then I mean, for a $1500 DEAC Masters (if they do get accredited) would be an amazing deal... NationsU still offers it and the degree can be completed in a year, but costs slightly more at roughly $1800/year now...

I noticed that WCBCS mentioned on their website they're internationally accredited in the UK by ASIC, there are a few schools looking for DEAC accreditation with the same UK recognition by ASIC, namely Nexford and Newlane. I believe it was the sister board that mentioned "sub-standard" accreditation/recognition with ASIC UK as they technically don't accredit/recognize programs for academic use.

I reviewed that and haven't come to a conclusion yet, I recall reading they accredit programs but more for professional purposes, not academic purposes. Can someone verify this? I don't recall where I read this either, but ASIC UK and BAC UK also previously "accredited" Charisma University, they both no longer do. I still think this international recognition through ASIC UK is substandard. Wait for DEAC, if it gets there before you even start enrolling...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • openair

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South College announces competency-based DBA jsd 109 15,980 03-27-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 freeloader 76 7,792 03-26-2024, 05:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 37 4,443 02-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  New Video from South College about CBE Doctorates NotJoeBiden 0 266 02-14-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 2,685 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM
  South College - EdD Program jb0433 19 4,145 03-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Last Post: cc95
  South College DBA Invitian Code? maxxor6868 0 553 02-06-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  South College - DBA him22 2 1,128 02-03-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  Competency-Based EdD at South College sanantone 38 10,864 11-04-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: KSoul
  Hanover College 2-year, Hybrid DPT Program sanantone 2 1,307 10-14-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: eLearner