Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU (MSISA) assessment question...
I've been planning to finish my BSBA CIS at TESC by Halloween, and roll into the MSISA at WGU with the New Year. I've been paying only about half attention to things going on, and noticed people talking about how they've changed their assessment set. Is it no longer feasible to finish in two terms (I know stretcharmy finished in one, but he went at this with experience in the field that I lack) with the changes?
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
there is a thread at techexams where someone is on track for a 1 term finish. what did you hear has changed?
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Honestly not sure, just saw a lot of 'WGU has changed X' for a number of grad degrees and couldn't find anything about the MSISA, figured I'd ask in the hopes someone would have more info than I. Last time I tried to ask WGU a question about a grad program the response was less than useful, mostly amounting to 'talk to the undergrad department, or come back when you have a degree'.

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Over the years, WGU has been reducing the number of certification assessments. The MSISA only has two certifications now. I quickly looked over the degree plan, and didn't see whether or not the MSISA mostly has performance assessments or objective assessments. If you're not fast at writing large papers, then the performance assessments are going to take longer.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I think three of the classes are tests. two are ec council exams: CEH and CHFI. Cryptography is an inhouse test. The others would all be paper based. Paper doesn't necessarily mean research paper. The tasks could be perform a risk assessment, perform a business impact analysis, etc.

A few years ago it was half tests and half papers, but two certs were removed.

I have heard there are changes in the MBA programs where classes are starting to have both papers and tests.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

Ah, alright. If it's the MBA's that have been altered so far, that would be why I saw nothing regarding the MSISA. I'm not too worried about papers, though I do need to get back in the practice of writing them properly. But that's what the undergrad is for, right? Not just to check the boxes, but to also reinforce the skills you need for advancing your education.

Not all of the papers are "papers" in the MSISA. There are quite a few power points in there as well. For me those took longer to do than straight papers.
TESC BSBA CIS
WGU MS Information Security and Assurance

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra - College Algebra - Intro to Stats

CLEP
A&I Lit - Principles of Management - Principles of Marketing - Business Law - Macro - Micro - Into to Sociology - SS & H - Humanities - English Comp

DSST
Principles of Supervision - Intro to computers - Intro to Business - MIS - Business Ethics - HR Management - Intro to Law Enforcement - Environment and Humanity - Tech Writing - Human Cultural Geography - Principles of Financial Accounting - Ethics in America - Principals of Finance

SL
Business Communications - Acct. II - Intro to C++

Penn Foster
Strategic Management

TESC
Networking Technologies - TECEP
Systems A and D

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone, IT Professionals

Microsoft
MS Virtualization - 70-659

Free-electives - Private Pilot

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  masters in UX design or human computer interaction - MOOC question Sara143 7 637 01-04-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Sara143
  Question for Amberton University MAPD/Counseling students/grads Amberlinjeanne 3 682 06-21-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Anyone know anything about Arkansas State Online? Also have a question about doctorat Randyb100 7 1,165 03-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: siersema
  Question about ENEB Big Data Masters OTmina 3 1,127 02-17-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
Big Grin Where are my Amberton peeps? Have a question suzycupcake 7 1,120 10-30-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  Walden MBA transcript question Whitepines 9 1,505 07-30-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Whitepines
  Advanced Phys & Patho, Pharmacology, and Physical Assessment Classes? Hunter91 2 1,005 09-28-2020, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Harvard Extension quality of classes question rpmranger 6 1,602 09-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Question on seminar graduate course Imbanewbie 9 1,742 08-28-2020, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Question? dewisant 12 2,333 02-13-2020, 12:58 AM
Last Post: dewisant