Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Next After BSBA -- Odd Choices For Comparison
TrailRunr Wrote:Is your employer willing to pay for any of this? If so, give serious consideration. If not, that should tell you something.
This is sound as well. Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Amazing feedback! I really appreciate the insight and recommendations, and I'm so glad I have others thinking about this. Each time I read a new post, it convinces me to go in that direction! I think I will try the cheap MBA first (I think). I may be able to practice Spanish w/my (Colombian) wife at the same time, but certainly not as focused as I should be b/c of the MBA. PMP is a cool idea, and I love the masters in PM as well. But it's true, there is probably a limited market for a PMP in my world, other than a head to head comparison with a similar candidate for a future job (all else equal). I mean NO OFFENSE to WGU folks, but I kind of feel like a "name" school MBA (preferably AACSB) would carry more weight - so I will look to the cheapest online MBA (maybe int'l concentration??) that has a 'name'. I hear LSUS, WTAMU U of Louisiana Monroe (and a few others) are AACSB and under $15k; ENMU is ACBSP accredited as option#2. Please keep the discussion going...it's likely to change my mind again!! Thanks.-Drew
I applied to ENMU and UofL Monroe both. In the end I didn't like the fact that I would be stuck at only 2 courses per semester at ENMU (due to increased tuition costs beyond part time). And I ended up not choosing UofL Monroe as I got sidetracked and sucked into a Writing masters at WNMU. I ended up leaving the WNMU MALS because after accelerating that bachelors 16 week courses were just excruciating. I jumped ship again for the MBA at WGU once I figured out how to stretch my tuition reimbursement dollar to cover the full cost. Plus then I could accelerate or not based on my mood.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:I applied to ENMU and UofL Monroe both. In the end I didn't like the fact that I would be stuck at only 2 courses per semester at ENMU (due to increased tuition costs beyond part time). And I ended up not choosing UofL Monroe as I got sidetracked and sucked into a Writing masters at WNMU. I ended up leaving the WNMU MALS because after accelerating that bachelors 16 week courses were just excruciating. I jumped ship again for the MBA at WGU once I figured out how to stretch my tuition reimbursement dollar to cover the full cost. Plus then I could accelerate or not based on my mood.

I just spoke to someone at WTAMU grad admissions. She was awesome, and they seem to have a lot of TESU grads there. I am leaning that way at this point (AACSB accredited) cost is $400/CR for a 31-CR degree, and they said there are other 'savings' for distance ed students due to services not utilized (on-site facilities, etc.). Also, you can do 3, 6 - up to 15 hours per semester...super flexible.

I'm going to check out LSUS next, but give WTAMU a good look if you're thinking online MBA.
soliloquy Wrote:I finish my MSPM in May. Next stop for me is probably PMP and then Spanish. You are inside my head!

What school are you in for your MSPM?
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:What school are you in for your MSPM?

Missouri State
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
soliloquy Wrote:Missouri State

I'm really interested in that program!! How is/was it? It's between them and West Tx A&m.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which master's based on these two choices (Poll)? allvia 18 1,626 08-22-2022, 11:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Masters degree options after BSBA at TESU schlocker 7 1,354 05-23-2022, 06:11 AM
Last Post: freeloader
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Planning for next steps after BSBA: MBA+MSML, MBA+Grad Cert, PhD? Merlin 14 3,284 11-25-2018, 03:58 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  No BSBA required? creditmonsoon 3 938 09-20-2016, 02:22 AM
Last Post: johnjaxs