Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are some affordable sources of UL credit for a BA in Natural Sciences?
In another thread, I asked about Education degree plans for a friend. Several others replied recommend that she instead seek out a subject area degree, suggesting that employers at public middle school will prefer to see job applicants with more subject-area knowledge.

So I found two potential degree programs: (1) a BA in Natural Sciences from EC and (2) a BA in Biology from TESU. The degree from EC is probably preferable, because it is more general (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology). Additionally, I'm concerned TESU will end the Study.com tuition reduction soon and I don't know if she can get far enough into the program to qualify for that.

I found tons of ways to earn LL credit, such as the really good courses at Study.com. But are there any affordable sources of UL credit in Natural Sciences? Has anyone attempted to make a degree plan for one of these programs?
(12-30-2017, 11:19 AM)Pelican Wrote: In another thread, I asked about Education degree plans for a friend. Several others replied recommend that she instead seek out a subject area degree, suggesting that employers at public middle school will prefer to see job applicants with more subject-area knowledge.

So I found two potential degree programs: (1) a BA in Natural Sciences from EC and (2) a BA in Biology from TESU. The degree from EC is probably preferable, because it is more general (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology). Additionally, I'm concerned TESU will end the Study.com tuition reduction soon and I don't know if she can get far enough into the program to qualify for that.

I found tons of ways to earn LL credit, such as the really good courses at Study.com. But are there any affordable sources of UL credit in Natural Sciences? Has anyone attempted to make a degree plan for one of these programs?

A degree plan? Only if you take out the word "affordable." BA in Biology from TESU is possibly the most expensive degree on their list.
You might also want to check out WGU. They have a BA for each of those areas, so a BA in Science (5-9) might work. They also have 4 different BA in Science Education (5-12) degrees for: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics or Geosciences. The fact that she already has a degree would be very helpful for her - a lot of the Gen Ed courses will be waived, and she'll be able to transfer in all of the courses she already took to see what will take away from remaining courses she needs to take.

Since she is already credentialed, she might just want to get a MA. They have master's degrees for licensed teachers, the exact same ones as the BA. The general one has 13 courses, almost all in different sciences, and is $3,335 per term (including fees). And they have scholarships as well, usually $2000, so she could deduct $500 per term from that price.

Jennifer is correct, the BA in Biology from TESU is expensive (relatively). Obviously transferring her courses in will be helpful to cut down on that cost.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 499 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,084 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 578 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 716 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 858 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,918 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,573 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  3 more Sophia Lab Sciences coming ashkir 37 6,443 07-15-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: arsmit1
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 2,011 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,047 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby