Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens if you drop a class in Sophia?
What about if you have an open course and cancel your subscription. If you restart your subscription was that class dropped, or do you pick back up where you were, or?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
Sophia.org made a change, courses do not have an expiration date. If you cancel the subscription, technically, the courses are on pause. Previously, if the course is not done within the 3 months or extended time frame, you would need to start from scratch.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • , jch, StudiousTraveller
(03-06-2022, 09:49 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Sophia.org made a change, courses do not have an expiration date.  If you cancel the subscription, technically, the courses are on pause.  Previously, if the course is not done within the 3 months or extended time frame, you would need to start from scratch.
Thank you
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
Last time I let my subscription lapse by around 2-3 months. When I did come back they had "dropped" the course. So I had to talk to support and they were able to reactivate the courses with all the previous work still done. So, if that does happen to you then support should be able to help you with that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thewupk's post:
  • StudiousTraveller
Slight gravedig but related to the topic. 

Ive just started at Sophia and took the College to Readiness and Greek Philosopher courses before realising about touchstone delays and that it won't transfer over to my anticipated course later on. 

If it doesn't come through before the weekend I'm thinking about dropping readiness just to get access to other courses over my few days off. 

Before I do it thought I'd check, is there any reason not to? Thanks for any advice and wisdom Smile
You can't transfer College Readiness to most schools, so there is no reason to take it except for personal knowledge.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MidLifeCrisis
(05-12-2022, 10:53 PM)MidLifeCrisis Wrote: If it doesn't come through before the weekend I'm thinking about dropping readiness just to get access to other courses over my few days off. 

Before I do it thought I'd check, is there any reason not to? Thanks for any advice and wisdom Smile

I was able to add a third course whenever I had even one out of two courses stuck in grading. Just contact customer service and ask for the third course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • LevelUP
(03-02-2022, 11:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, you can. You might have to ask support to have it reset and you would have to start from the very beginning, but you can retake it. There may or may not be a minimum waiting period before you can start it again.

Currently, your work is saved and you have to wait 30 days. Hope this helps!
(03-03-2022, 01:33 PM)staceyelle Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 12:54 PM)Goldilocks! Wrote:
Quote:They told me I would just ask them and my progress would be saved.  You used to have to start over but that is not the case anymore. 

This is great news to me. I dropped College Algebra and I was halfway finished. I’ll be so happy if I don’t have to start again from the beginning. I also started reading about mice and men for essays like site here what I needed to do.

I feel the same way about a couple of classes that I had dropped a while back!

I understand you, I was unable to complete a number of subjects for a number of reasons and the fact that progress can be maintained is just great news.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 355 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 782 04-17-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,402 04-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,321 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 336 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 655 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 936 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 216 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 889 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 360 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle