Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What in the world is going on with all the Solar phone calls lately???
I have gotten more phone calls from people wanting to sell me solar in the last couple months than anything else, and more than in the last 5 years put together. It's maybe 2-3 calls per week.

Since we have had solar for a few years now, it's strange that these would start all of a sudden, and so many of them...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
In SDG&E land (and maybe others in CA), net metering as we know it is going away, and all the solar companies are trying to cash in before it happens. What chaps my hide is the latest thing where if you don't pick up the call, they just keep calling you every day until you finally do pick it up. Very frustrating. I need to invent a smarter phone that can spot this behavior and start blocking them...or perhaps that downloads lists of number owned by telemarketing companies and blocks those.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:In SDG&E land (and maybe others in CA), net metering as we know it is going away, and all the solar companies are trying to cash in before it happens. What chaps my hide is the latest thing where if you don't pick up the call, they just keep calling you every day until you finally do pick it up. Very frustrating. I need to invent a smarter phone that can spot this behavior and start blocking them...or perhaps that downloads lists of number owned by telemarketing companies and blocks those.

Yesss this happens to me too...super frustrating!! I read a hack somewhere that said to answer the call, then press *7 and it will put you on their no-call list. I've been doing this and I prolly have over 50% less of these calls now.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
You're all referring to "Solar Energy" calls right? I've not installed anything for Solar Energy yet... Contemplating installing something like this in the future...
But looking into that to save electrical energy and greenhouse gasses, something more expensive setting up in the beginning, but should be cheaper in the long run.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Solar Eclipse 2024 - Who is going to watch it? LevelUP 14 818 04-16-2024, 04:03 AM
Last Post: coldcoffee
  Cell Phone Deal - OnePlus Nord 30 - Best Buy $0 plus cost for X days service bjcheung77 6 783 03-06-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Maps That Show How The World Really Is LevelUP 0 328 02-03-2024, 03:30 AM
  How the World’s Most Dangerous Country Solved Murder LevelUP 8 693 09-26-2023, 07:23 PM
  How to Stay Sane in a World That's Losing It's Mind LevelUP 0 407 06-04-2023, 01:42 AM
  Solar Storm Hits Tomorrow Alpha 1 386 08-02-2022, 11:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Discovering Healthcare Options in the Developing World Kal Di 0 580 06-17-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Kal Di
  Looming Food Shortages Is the Next ‘Slow-Moving Disaster’ to Hit World LevelUP 8 1,588 03-28-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: uncapentin
  Pixel 6 - I am eyeing this phone today! bjcheung77 3 666 11-28-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  HUSH - Phone Number - Lifetime Deal $25 USD bjcheung77 11 3,606 06-01-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Flelm