Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is study.com and is it similar to clep or is it more like instant cert?
Im new to the forum and I want to know more about study.com. Do they offer courses like clep and straightliner or are they a service like instacert. Any suggestions would be helpful?
They're closer to Straighterline than they are CLEP.

CLEP doesn't offer courses, just an exam. Straighterline offers full courses online, self paced, with e-textbook, quizzes and projects and exams.

Study.com is a series of video lessons with quizzes for each video and a final exam. Some study.com courses have small projects. A good chunk of these have been ACE approved.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
InstantCert (IC) is a flashcard program that lets you study for various exams. It's $20/mo.

Study.com is similar to IC in that if you have a membership, you can use any of the courses there to study for exams elsewhere. So, for instance, say you had the $199/mo membership which included 2 exams. You decided to take Human Resource Management and Strategic Human Resource Management through Study.com, with their exams at the end of the time period. You could also, during the month, work your way through Intro to Management and Intro to Marketing, and then take the respective exams through Saylor for just $25 each.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Interesting point. Is there a list somewhere of where Study.com videos/print lessons line up with Saylor?

I remember something about that a long long time ago, but that was when Study.com was called something else.

dfrecore Wrote:You could also, during the month, work your way through Intro to Management and Intro to Marketing, and then take the respective exams through Saylor for just $25 each.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Thanks everyone.
Toastmaster Wrote:Interesting point. Is there a list somewhere of where Study.com videos/print lessons line up with Saylor?

I remember something about that a long long time ago, but that was when Study.com was called something else.

Not that I know of, and I'm not saying that they necessarily line up. But, Intro to Management and Intro to Marketing CLEP exams are very generic and not textbook specific, and Saylor seems the same to me, so I would assume that you can use practically anything to study for them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,481 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,687 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,813 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue