Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the LEAST that I have to pay TESU for a second bachelors in CS?
Hi Everyone,

Even though I have tech related masters degrees, I always regreted not getting my bachelor's in Computer Science.  I am trying to figure out the fees that I have to pay TESU for the degree.  I am not worried about the credits that I will transfer in.  Between my bachelors, my masters degrees and study.com credits to fill in the blanks, I am pretty sure that I a have all of that covered.

I know about the residency waiver fee for $3,288.  Is the capstone a 3 credit course?  At $535 per credit hour, that comes to about $1,600.  The graduation audit is $298.  So ~$3,300 + ~$1,600 + ~$300 is about $5,200.  How accurate is that for the TESU fees, assuming that I get the max number of credits for my second bachelors outside of TESU?

Any info would be appreciated
MS, Data Science, Eastern University
ALM, Information Technology, Harvard University
AB, Government, Georgetown University
Yes, you're correct, the fees are as follows if you decide to pay the residency fee.
TESU Fees:
Application: $50
Residency Waiver: $3288
Grad Audit: $298
Capstone: $535 x 3, $1605
Total: $5,241

You may also want to consider WGU BSCS instead if you have the experience/knowledge.
WGU Fees 1 term/6 months:
Tuition: $3,625
E-Books/Resource Fee: $200
Program Fee: $150
Total: $3,975

And if you have the tuition assistance/reimbursement, SNHU has a BSCS as well for under 10K.
You can use $5K this year and $5K next year to finish off the degree requirements if you want to save.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • mcjon77
(01-27-2023, 03:57 PM)mcjon77 Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Even though I have tech related masters degrees, I always regreted not getting my bachelor's in Computer Science.  I am trying to figure out the fees that I have to pay TESU for the degree.  I am not worried about the credits that I will transfer in.  Between my bachelors, my masters degrees and study.com credits to fill in the blanks, I am pretty sure that I a have all of that covered.

I know about the residency waiver fee for $3,288.  Is the capstone a 3 credit course?  At $535 per credit hour, that comes to about $1,600.  The graduation audit is $298.  So ~$3,300 + ~$1,600 + ~$300 is about $5,200.  How accurate is that for the TESU fees, assuming that I get the max number of credits for my second bachelors outside of TESU?

You will need to add the cost of 24 new Core/AOS Credits, the Capstone will count for 3 of them - see: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/current/...of-Degrees

'Earning a Second or Successive Baccalaureate Degree -
Students who have earned a baccalaureate degree from TESU or an accredited institution recognized under the Thomas Edison State University Transfer Credit Policy and wish to earn an additional baccalaureate degree must:
  • Complete a minimum of 24 credits including the required capstone for the degree. These credits must be in the area of study and/or core of the degree. These credits must be earned after the date the most recent degree, regardless of academic level, was conferred.
  • Additionally, students must complete all other degree requirements as listed in the current Thomas Edison State University Catalog.'
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Nevermind.
(01-27-2023, 04:48 PM)allvia Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 03:57 PM)mcjon77 Wrote: Hi Everyone,

You will need to add the cost of 24 new Core/AOS Credits, the Capstone will count for 3 of them - see: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/current/...of-Degrees

'Earning a Second or Successive Baccalaureate Degree -
Students who have earned a baccalaureate degree from TESU or an accredited institution recognized under the Thomas Edison State University Transfer Credit Policy and wish to earn an additional baccalaureate degree must:
  • Complete a minimum of 24 credits including the required capstone for the degree. These credits must be in the area of study and/or core of the degree. These credits must be earned after the date the most recent degree, regardless of academic level, was conferred.
  • Additionally, students must complete all other degree requirements as listed in the current Thomas Edison State University Catalog.'

Thanks for the extra info.  I think that I will use study.com for these classes.  Reading what you quoted and the link to tesu, it looks like I will need 7 courses in addition to the capstone.  I found more than enough on study.com that (According to the tesu sample computer science plan) would count.  Even if I decide not to complete the bachelors degree at TESU, there are some graduate CS masters programs that I am interested in where I could use the Study.com courses and the TESU credit bank to fulfill those requirements.

(01-27-2023, 04:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, you're correct, the fees are as follows if you decide to pay the residency fee.
TESU Fees:
Application: $50
Residency Waiver: $3288
Grad Audit: $298
Capstone: $535 x 3, $1605
Total: $5,241

You may also want to consider WGU BSCS instead if you have the experience/knowledge.
WGU Fees 1 term/6 months:
Tuition: $3,625
E-Books/Resource Fee: $200
Program Fee: $150
Total: $3,975

And if you have the tuition assistance/reimbursement, SNHU has a BSCS as well for under 10K.
You can use $5K this year and $5K next year to finish off the degree requirements if you want to save.

Thanks for confirming this for me.  Unfortunately, my new job doesn't offer tuition reimbursement so this degree will be out of pocket.
You will need one more UL course to complete the CS degree besides the Study.com courses. 

Options:

1. If you can pass the challenging Software Engineering Saylor exam, it's only $5 extra.

2. It's $231 to attempt the TECEP UL Network exam. (about 50% pass rate)

3. Otherwise, you will need to take a TESU course which would be $1605 extra.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-28-2023, 09:17 AM)LevelUP Wrote: You will need one more UL course to complete the CS degree besides the Study.com courses. 

Options:

1. If you can pass the challenging Software Engineering Saylor exam, it's only $5 extra.

2. It's $231 to attempt the TECEP UL Network exam. (about 50% pass rate)

3. Otherwise, you will need to take a TESU course which would be $1605 extra.
I actually have a ton of upper level and graduate CS courses from my bachelor's degree and my master's degree in information technology.  I was planning on using those for any extra UL course that I need. It wouldn't count among the 24 new credits that I'm supposed to have after finishing my last degree, but I'm hoping that it'll count for just standard upper level credits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcjon77's post:
  • davewill
That's exactly why I want to get another BA as well. The credits that I am currently working towards my MSCS degree can be used here and all I need is Capstone and paying $3288 out of my own pocket (employer will not reimburse residency waiver)
fmsoa Wrote:That's exactly why I want to get another BA as well. The credits that I am currently working on my MSCS degree can be used here and all I need is Capstone and paying $3288 out of my own pocket (employer will not reimburse residency waiver)

That's interesting, it's a good choice to think of getting another BA, I would recommend it if you have the energy/money/time for completing the requirements. I'm not sure what your reasons are to getting another Bachelors, but going back for extending or upgrading your knowledge is a great idea....

Having said that, the OP has a Masters in Data Science and a Masters in IT, they're wanting to get a BACS too for particular reasons... For yourself, if you have a MSCS, what's the use of the BACS? If you were going for a MSCS and then coming back for the BSBA CIS/BACS combo, that would be a different story...

When people ask me if they should come back for a Bachelors, it's really up to them what they want to do, I'm supportive of that idea if the benefits outweigh the cost/energy/time and provides good ROI/Value. The main thing is, it generally is in a different field than their current Masters. For example, their undergrad was BSBA, grad was MBA, coming back for a BACS seems perfect!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-29-2023, 12:02 AM)fmsoa Wrote: That's exactly why I want to get another BA as well. The credits that I am currently working towards my MSCS degree can be used here and all I need is Capstone and paying $3288 out of my own pocket (employer will not reimburse residency waiver)

You can only use those credits if you use them (and graduate from TESU) before you confer you MSCS. As mentioned above  -  You will need to add the cost of 24 new Core/AOS Credits, the Capstone will count for 3 of them
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 427 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 414 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 433 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,258 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,171 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 351 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 270 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27