Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EDx Information Literacy not accepted for Computer Science SOS-110
(06-12-2023, 02:25 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: 1 TESU was very specific about my first bachelor's degree waiving the cornerstone for the BACS only and my first associate's degree waiving the cornerstone for the ASNSMM only. I suspect that TESU would require a student to take the cornerstone again at TESU for any degree other than the BACS, unless they came back for a second bachelor's degree after their BACS was conferred.

This is confusing.  The cornerstone is only "waived" when you come in to take a 2nd bachelor's degree after obtaining your first bachelor's degree from an RA school (either TESU or any other RA school).  So wouldn't really apply to anything at all, since an associate's degree doesn't waive anything.  You can have 10 associates degrees, but if you come for another associates degrees at TESU, they will make you take the cornerstone.

Now, if you're saying that the edX Cornerstone doesn't count as an actual cornerstone for another degree taken while you're taking the BACS degree, I think that's what we're trying to ascertain here.

But for anything else, once you have a bachelor's degree, the cornerstone is waived.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • davewill
let me understnd what you say with an example @dfrecore:
I have a Bachelor degree from Spain, validated by WES as equivalent to a RA degree.
I go to TESU and then my only compulsory credits are in 1 subject, the Capstone. It is the only compulsory subject I have to take. No need to take the SOS-1100?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • davewill
@Kab, all students who already have a Bachelors degree will have the general education and electives completed, the only portion they need to complete is the Area of Study/Major. Thus, the SOS-1100 (which is part of the general education section) is not needed for the second subsequent bachelors degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Kab
(06-23-2023, 02:56 PM)Kab Wrote: let me understnd what you say with an example @dfrecore:
I have a Bachelor degree from Spain, validated by WES as equivalent to a RA degree.
I go to TESU and then my only compulsory credits are in 1 subject, the Capstone. It is the only compulsory subject I have to take. No need to take the SOS-1100?

Yes, you only have to take the Capstone at TESU.  Everything else for the major can be brought in from elsewhere.  You bring in all credit, enroll, take the capstone, and then pay the residency waiver and grad fee and you're done.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • davewill, origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 502 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 466 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 317 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  Free TECEPs Offer for Accepted-but-not-Enrolled PLEX 3 282 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 429 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 436 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SOS 110 Information Literacy discounted through edx Microbachelor MNomadic 45 6,098 01-24-2024, 02:05 PM
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,024 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 620 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  Bachelor degree in Computer science fiyajou3 8 916 11-08-2023, 09:43 PM