Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on with my Academic Evaluation??
Just had a mini-freak out; I just took a look at my academic evaluation through TESU and it says at the top "Exception: Credit overage GEE 1 sh, 121 sh required"
What?? What does this mean? Has anyone else run into this? Do I need 121 credits now instead of 120? I can always try attaching my evaluation if that would be helpful. 
I've also been emailing my academic adviser because she seems to be confused about the study.com residency waiver discount. That's still going on, right? Is it 3 classes you need to take in order for the discount to apply?
Probably a typo. Are you sure it says 121?
You probably have more credits than required in a certain category, so less is required in another.

Mine has this for example:
!! Exception 1sh under Ethics, 2sh over nat world Take 18sh
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
Do not panic and freak out as you mentioned. Copy/paste your evaluation. All that is indicating.. it is because the Cornerstone is required, you have a total of 121 credits required for the degree... Relax, get a drink, better yet, get me one too!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-18-2018, 03:55 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Just had a mini-freak out; I just took a look at my academic evaluation through TESU and it says at the top "Exception: Credit overage GEE 1 sh, 121 sh required"
What?? What does this mean? Has anyone else run into this? Do I need 121 credits now instead of 120? I can always try attaching my evaluation if that would be helpful. 
I've also been emailing my academic adviser because she seems to be confused about the study.com residency waiver discount. That's still going on, right? Is it 3 classes you need to take in order for the discount to apply?

It is the cornerstone, as was mentioned previously.

As for the Study.com residency waiver discount, yes it is still active. You have to take at least 1 Study.com course and transfer it to TESU to qualify. You should also have listed Study.com affiliate on your TESU application. If not, you will need to contact TESU to get them to add the Study.com corporate affiliation to your account. It may take a few times to get it added properly.

To confirm your affiliate status you can click on your Profile link in OSS and look under the Student Status field. If it has been applied, it should show "CPPEN Corporate Choice" followed by "Enrolled" or "Applied" in that field. If it doesn't include the Corporate Choice bit, you are not flagged.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(12-18-2018, 04:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Do not panic and freak out as you mentioned.  Copy/paste your evaluation.  All that is indicating.. it is because the Cornerstone is required, you have a total of 121 credits required for the degree... Relax, get a drink, better yet, get me one too!

Thanks bjcheung77! I'm attaching my academic evaluation as a pdf. Hopefully you (and others) will be able to open it.

(12-18-2018, 04:28 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 03:55 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Just had a mini-freak out; I just took a look at my academic evaluation through TESU and it says at the top "Exception: Credit overage GEE 1 sh, 121 sh required"

It is the cornerstone, as was mentioned previously.

As for the Study.com residency waiver discount, yes it is still active. You have to take at least 1 Study.com course and transfer it to TESU to qualify. You should also have listed Study.com affiliate on your TESU application. If not, you will need to contact TESU to get them to add the Study.com corporate affiliation to your account. It may take a few times to get it added properly.

To confirm your affiliate status you can click on your Profile link in OSS and look under the Student Status field. If it has been applied, it should show "CPPEN Corporate Choice" followed by "Enrolled" or "Applied" in that field. If it doesn't include the Corporate Choice bit, you are not flagged.

My Student Status field does not show CPPEN Corporate Choice, so I'm assuming that means I'm not affiliated. Is that something my academic adviser can add for me?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 611 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  TESU launching MyProgress to replace Academic Evaluations jch 38 3,477 09-23-2023, 11:40 AM
  TESU Academic Evaluation & Maximum Transfer Credits bradonomics 19 1,945 09-07-2023, 06:21 PM
  TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time? CanICode 10 1,253 08-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Question about my Academic Evaluation AnalysisParalysis 19 2,151 07-15-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Yolan
  Study.com, TESU Evaluation & Residency dbrown2258 33 2,398 04-24-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU evaluation question/complaint Amberlinjeanne 10 1,346 05-24-2022, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Transcript evaluation - transferring RA creds into TESU jazzcat 23 2,708 03-14-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
Question Academic Evaluation with different catalog years AllThose299s 2 679 02-16-2022, 12:57 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s