Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would be my quickest option with these credits?
I was thinking about doing tesu history degree. This is what I have from community college because I could never decide what I wanted to study. Lol.

Comp 1
Comp 2
Spanish 1
World history 1
Information systems 1
Ethnic studies
Music appreciation
Art history 1
Art history 2
Business 1
Math for programmers
Programming logic
Physchology 1
Health
Western civilization 2
Political science 1
American history 1
American history 2
Earth science
Astronomy
Geography 

Also if I got some F's before would tesu or other college still accept me?
For your bad grades, you can check the academic / grade forgiveness policy.
You won't be able to transfer the bad grades for credit, but they won't stop them from accepting you as far as I know.
For some graduate programs you might need to check the grade requirements.
As far I know the big 3 accept everyone. Courses with an f grade won't count toward your degree but they worn stop you from getting accepted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • davewill
All all the credits that you listed C or above? Ds can often be used as well, as long as they're not Comp I & II, and they are not in your AOS. Your past failures (F) won't have an impact on you being able to earn a bachelor degree with the Big3; the failed course credits just won't count. History it is a popular choice here, so I'm sure you will get more specific feedback on making a BA in History plan.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

You need to compute your GPA, usually TESU requires a 2.0.

Here's a degree plan, not certain if they will take your World History/Western Civ combo, or if you will need to take World Hist 2 or Western Civ 1 to complete one of those.  I would probably just take Western Civ 1 (CLEP, Study.com, SL), and then move World History 1 down to the History Electives.

Attached Files
.xlsx   missbootyfull TESU BA in History.xlsx (Size: 51.65 KB / Downloads: 12)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-07-2019, 03:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You need to compute your GPA, usually TESU requires a 2.0.

Here's a degree plan, not certain if they will take your World History/Western Civ combo, or if you will need to take World Hist 2 or Western Civ 1 to complete one of those.  I would probably just take Western Civ 1 (CLEP, Study.com, SL), and then move World History 1 down to the History Electives.
Thank you so much! Yes these are the ones I have passing grades in. This is really helpful. I think I will do this then. And for the free electives can they be ones such as clep intro to marketing? And business classes?
Here's a link I put together with the options for the History degree at TESU:

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/w/index...in_History

If you feel like you're better at more modern history, you can do World History II through ed4credit or (I think) OnlineDegree.com instead of doing Western Civ I like dfrecore suggests (if it were me, I'd just do Western Civ I, but just wanted to mention the option).
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 208 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 334 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 498 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 526 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 639 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 826 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 445 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  Competency based certifications for Electronics and Nuclear credits? sciencemathematics1 5 515 09-23-2023, 12:31 PM
  RA Credits from a Community College? mulhearnmusic 2 335 09-16-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: mulhearnmusic