Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Should I Apply To TESU?
ndelcollo Wrote:The Cornerstone counted for me for enrollment. Maybe that's the only 1 credit option that works.

At what point in your first year did you take it? And, did it cover you for a whole year after that? (I sure hope so!)
Silly_Me Wrote:At what point in your first year did you take it? And, did it cover you for a whole year after that? (I sure hope so!)

I don't recommend taking it. It is pointless and very expensive. It costs $300 as of now. If you use the Study.com affiliation, it is automatically waived and you can save that $300. It literally takes an hour or two and is just a waste of time and money in my opinion. I took it before the forum was made aware of the Study.com affiliation benefits and it annoys me that I paid so much money for the stupid "course" since I could have used that same $300 and almost completely covered the graduation fee. I would just take a TECEP that you know you need for your degree.
Silly_Me Wrote:At what point in your first year did you take it? And, did it cover you for a whole year after that? (I sure hope so!)

I agree with ndelcollo, the price of $300 could almost pay for 3 TECEP's, and get you 9cr. Why spend $300 for 1cr if you an do much better?

Pick an easy TECEP and sign up for it. I recommend Applied Liberal Arts Math. Take ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, get at least 70% (I got 100% because I knew I was going to have to take College Algebra anyway). Once I took ALEKS Int Alg, I easily passed the TECEP with a 90%.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-21-2017, 07:54 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I was in your shoes... I would suggest not to apply to TESU yet as you don't have anything for them. Apply after you have 100+ credits.
This is what I would do, the timeline I would say is roughly 6 semesters, so you're right, about 2 years.  You can get 90+ credits in 6 months!
You don't have to worry about ACE expiring any time soon for any of the courses, if you're afraid, get those done "first".  It'll transfer as long as it's ACE recommended.

Here's my take or recommendation for you "Silly_Me".  Since you're starting from scratch, you should focus right now on completing the General Education requirements.
This can be completed by using ALEKS, Straighterline, and Study.com.  I only recommend you to complete some "required" courses from the local community college.
In fact, only 8 courses at the CC level (Gen Bio I&II, Gen Chem I&II, Gen Physics I&II, Organic Chem I&II - with labs of course!).  Precalc, Genetics, Microbiology at the 3 above.

So, that leaves you with only 16 credits of biology electives + capstone.  Take 4 courses at APUS/AMU at $250/credit ($750/course).  Finish the capstone at TESU.
Concentration/Area of Study: https://catalog.apus.edu/undergraduate/a...s/#biology
Create and paste a spreadsheet again (or PM dfrecore for help) using TESU Biology Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Biology at Thomas Edison State University

I thought about the APUS/AMU BSNS in Biology, the degree appeals to me as it allows transfer of up to 90 credits...but it only allows 30 credits from ACE.
APUS/AMU BSNS - Biology or Earth Science: Bachelor of Science - Natural Sciences
BSNS Overview: https://catalog.apus.edu/undergraduate/a...nces/#text
BSNS Requirements: https://catalog.apus.edu/undergraduate/a...ementstext
Sorry to bump an old post. 

This happened to be beneficial for me as well. I just had a question. You said-
Quote:I only recommend you to complete some "required" courses from the local community college.

In fact, only 8 courses at the CC level (Gen Bio I&II, Gen Chem I&II, Gen Physics I&II, Organic Chem I&II - with labs of course!).  Precalc, Genetics, Microbiology at the 3 above.

Was there a specific reason why these particular core classes were exclusive and didn't include microbiology or cell biology to be done at a community College, etc? (This is in the context of pertaining to a better chance at graduate school options for the future.)

This makes sense to me, obviously in wanting a letter grade; but just wondering if there was more thought process into it- as opposed to maybe why all core classes wouldn't be required at a CC, instead of just the "8 classes" listed. 

(Just wanted to point out that the 16 credits that would be garnered from the, "8 classes" makes sense for an associates, but OP mentioned a BA which has a different "Area of study" credit requirement.) 

Ty!  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,320 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore