Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When should Moodle and courses show up in MyCourses?
Registered Jan. 29th for March 1st.  Paid bill.  Payment received.  Nothing is showing up on the financial information side, but the course says it is registered.  I just expected something else to show up like Moodle or something before Monday when the class starts (5 days.)  There is nothing new in the portal section?  Is that normal?

Secondary questions...1. How important is it to sign up for NJ library when taking Critical Information and Capstone? and 2. Is it necessary to sign up for "My Hub" if you have everything already transferred in to TESU?
(02-24-2021, 02:52 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Registered Jan. 29th for March 1st.  Paid bill.  Payment received.  Nothing is showing up on the financial information side, but the course says it is registered.  I just expected something else to show up like Moodle or something before Monday when the class starts (5 days.)  There is nothing new in the portal section?  Is that normal?

Secondary questions...1. How important is it to sign up for NJ library when taking Critical Information and Capstone?  and  2.  Is it necessary to sign up for "My Hub" if you have everything already transferred in to TESU?

You get access to the class forums and portal on the Friday before that class begins.

Signing up for a NJ library card is optional but can be helpful since you can use the library resources when doing journal searches, etc. There are a lot of other cool free resources on there as well. You lose access to it once you graduate though, unfortunately.

No idea on MyHub... I don't remember that being a thing when I was there.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Dorothy44
I'm not sure what the benefit is to using My Hub if you already have everything transferred, but I will tell you that I tried to sign up and received this error code. I also tried a different browser and got the same thing.

400: Bad Request
Your request resulted in an error.
Go to Homepage
Error Code: GENERAL_NONSUCCESS (<-- I had to chuckle at this portion of the message, none of us want to hear that at any point in this endeavor!)

I'm also signed up for the March capstone with Dr. Bari Courts. Who is your mentor?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diana321's post:
  • Dorothy44
(02-24-2021, 03:00 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 02:52 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Registered Jan. 29th for March 1st.  Paid bill.  Payment received.  Nothing is showing up on the financial information side, but the course says it is registered.  I just expected something else to show up like Moodle or something before Monday when the class starts (5 days.)  There is nothing new in the portal section?  Is that normal?

Secondary questions...1. How important is it to sign up for NJ library when taking Critical Information and Capstone?  and  2.  Is it necessary to sign up for "My Hub" if you have everything already transferred in to TESU?

You get access to the class forums and portal on the Friday before that class begins.

Signing up for a NJ library card is optional but can be helpful since you can use the library resources when doing journal searches, etc. There are a lot of other cool free resources on there as well. You lose access to it once you graduate though, unfortunately.

I thought something might have been done wrong because I thought I read somewhere the week before.  Thank you.

(02-24-2021, 08:04 AM)Diana321 Wrote: I'm not sure what the benefit is to using My Hub if you already have everything transferred, but I will tell you that I tried to sign up and received this error code.  I also tried a different browser and got the same thing.

400: Bad Request
Your request resulted in an error.
Go to Homepage
Error Code: GENERAL_NONSUCCESS  (<--  I had to chuckle at this portion of the message, none of us want to hear that at any point in this endeavor!)

I'm also signed up for the March capstone with Dr. Bari Courts.  Who is your mentor?
That is odd about My Hub.  The mentor is Matthew Hill.
(02-24-2021, 03:00 AM)Merlin Wrote:

How do you sign up for the NJ library card? I will be taking the capstone on March 1st, so this might be helpful!
(02-24-2021, 02:14 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: How do you sign up for the NJ library card? I will be taking the capstone on March 1st, so this might be helpful!

https://www.njstatelib.org/research_libr...niversity/

Once your library card is active, you can use it to check out books through Libby/Overdrive. You can have up to 5 loans and 5 holds on ebooks through this system. The research library through, I think, EBSCO is separate.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44
(02-24-2021, 02:40 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 02:14 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: How do you sign up for the NJ library card? I will be taking the capstone on March 1st, so this might be helpful!

https://www.njstatelib.org/research_libr...niversity/

Once your library card is active, you can use it to check out books through Libby/Overdrive. You can have up to 5 loans and 5 holds on ebooks through this system. The research library through, I think, EBSCO is separate.

Thank you!
Dorothy44, maybe someone said "weekend ahead" and that's where it got mixed up? maybe?
on tesu site with MyEdison it says "You will have access to your courses in myEdison approximately 1–2 days before the start of the term." https://www2.tesu.edu/myedison/

the research library with EBSCO and Proquest will be found from moodle. no NJ card needed. got mine anyway just in case it was helpful or another resource for capstone.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

There is a different research library available (multiple ones, actually) when you have access to the card, though. It's slightly different but I'm not completely sure how. I really don't like EBSCO, though, because of how confusing all the different systems are.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 510 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Courses gams007 38 3,722 05-07-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Possible to take Graduate Courses while completing a Bachelor's Degree? Ninjadude 6 567 03-16-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - BACS, where to take courses? mt_1994 11 1,273 02-09-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to withdraw courses under new system? jch 1 585 01-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: KsT
  Does TESU ever accept Edx.org courses? Wayne195 1 740 01-06-2023, 09:39 AM
  Tried sending ACE Saylor courses not listed on equivalency lists? spohara 15 1,306 12-19-2022, 05:49 PM
  Top 10 Most Popular TESU Courses LevelUP 2 638 12-12-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: LevelUP