Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to send transcripts from Sophia or SDC to TESU
Oh wow, interesting, you scored a waiver for the cornerstone. Cool, usually it's for individuals who already have 100+ credits to transfer in, but you got that grandfathered because of your previous applications to TESU. So, it's actually cheaper just to do the Capstone with them, it's true - the main cost would be your Residency Waiver fee.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and useful information. I am 12 credits done at Sophia. I filled out my application today under somea dvice to lock in my catalog. Now I'll send a sophia transcript in as soon as I'm done.

I might do SDC so this thread helped a lot Big Grin It's nice to see real progress happen.
(09-07-2020, 04:30 PM)AZDan Wrote: My list is, Univ of TX PB, LSUS, and Univ of Central Ark as the grad schools I am strongly considering.

Ah, that's a concise and short list of your cheap/easy/fast AACSB MBA's, I've read about them three. 
If you don't mind reading some more, here's another set of recommendations!  On AACSB MBA's of course!

Texas A&M Corpus Christi: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-541609
Georgia Southwestern State: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid316007
Georgia Southwestern & Upgrad: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid314518
Upgrad: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid304726

MBA (Global) | Deakin Business School
Dual Credentials | MBA from DBS & PGPM from IMT
AACSB & EQUIS | Deakin B-School Accreditation
2 years | Recommended 10-12 hrs/week
Program Fee ₹ 500,000 | Roughly 6,750 USD
Link: https://www.upgrad.com/mba-imt-deakin-university/

Note: In the last month or so, Upgrad and Deakin created a shorter 1 year program
The cost now for the 1 year program would be $5,400 USD for an AACSB & EQUIS MBA.
Link is different than above: https://www.upgrad.com/mba-deakin-university/

(09-07-2020, 05:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh wow, interesting, you scored a waiver for the cornerstone.  Cool, usually it's for individuals who already have 100+ credits to transfer in, but you got that grandfathered because of your previous applications to TESU.  So, it's actually cheaper just to do the Capstone with them, it's true - the main cost would be your Residency Waiver fee.

So do you think I can complete the courses needed, all through Sophia and SDC, and only take the Capstone and be done? 
It seems as if I change from Accounting to something like Org Mgt or General Mgt and eliminate the UL accounting courses I can't find, I can avoid having to take any TESU courses, even TECEP. 

The only other obstacle would be the GPA needed.
Yup, you can complete everything with Sophia.org and Study.com, skip the Accounting, go for the General Management option. The GPA won't really matter, it's one of a few things they look at. You can apply to other AACSB schools easier with an ACBSP degree from TESU or WGU.

I have not seen any one school requesting the third and smallest business accreditation agency IACBE, so as long as your going to an ACBSP or AACSB accredited school, you're in good shape. Take InstantCert, Davar and Study.com for your UL business requirements, those are the three easiest options/fastest/cheapest!

(09-07-2020, 07:38 PM)AZDan Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 05:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh wow, interesting, you scored a waiver for the cornerstone.  Cool, usually it's for individuals who already have 100+ credits to transfer in, but you got that grandfathered because of your previous applications to TESU.  So, it's actually cheaper just to do the Capstone with them, it's true - the main cost would be your Residency Waiver fee.

So do you think I can complete the courses needed, all through Sophia and SDC, and only take the Capstone and be done? 
It seems as if I change from Accounting to something like Org Mgt or General Mgt and eliminate the UL accounting courses I can't find, I can avoid having to take any TESU courses, even TECEP. 

The only other obstacle would be the GPA needed.

If you change your major, my understanding is that you will lose your grandfathered catalog, so you will definitely want to keep Accounting. 

What UL Accounting can't you find at SDC? Because the combination of SDC + Federal income Taxation literally filled every ACCT slot for me.  InstantCert Managerial Accounting also apparently comes in as as a UL Financial Accounting II.

(09-07-2020, 07:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yup, you can complete everything with Sophia.org and Study.com, skip the Accounting, go for the General Management option.  The GPA won't really matter, it's one of a few things they look at.  You can apply to other AACSB schools easier with an ACBSP degree from TESU or WGU.  

I have not seen any one school requesting the third and smallest business accreditation agency IACBE, so as long as your going to an ACBSP or AACSB accredited school, you're in good shape.  Take InstantCert, Davar and Study.com for your UL business requirements, those are the three easiest options/fastest/cheapest!

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/l...eadmission

"Enrolled students whose enrollment has lapsed may return within 36 months of the end of their enrollment and continue in the degree requirements that were in effect at the time of their initial enrollment if they continue in the same degree. If they re-enroll in a different degree, they will be required to complete the degree requirements in effect at the time of reenrollment."

I guess the big question is if he can change the concentration within the BSBA and if that if considered the same degree or a different degree.
Yes, You can stay with your ACC option or if you're not looking to do the TECEP, then you can go for the general management option.
In regards to changing your degree plan from BSBA ACC to GM, because it's the same degree but changing the concentration, you're not affected, the same is true for individuals going for a BALS with no concentration to a different concentration. The only time you're going to get a new catalog year is if you change degrees from a BALS to BSBA or to something else in a different "school", such as BSIT, BSPS, BSN, etc.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • warriortaupou
(09-07-2020, 07:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yup, you can complete everything with Sophia.org and Study.com, skip the Accounting, go for the General Management option.  The GPA won't really matter, it's one of a few things they look at.  You can apply to other AACSB schools easier with an ACBSP degree from TESU or WGU.  
I'm not so sure about the GPA not really mattering. 
As an example, see this from UCA and they are AACSB.
 [img]What are the minimum requirements for regular admission into Graduate Studies? A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.70 on a scale of 4.00 OR at least a 3.00 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study[/img]
(09-07-2020, 10:14 PM)AZDan Wrote:
I'm not so sure about the GPA not really mattering. 
As an example, see this from UCA and they are AACSB.
 [img]What are the minimum requirements for regular admission into Graduate Studies? A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.70 on a scale of 4.00 OR at least a 3.00 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study[/img]

So, for TESU, your entire GPA is going to be based on the capstone. Get a B or an A on your Capstone and you are good to go.
(09-07-2020, 07:58 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: What UL Accounting can't you find at SDC? Because the combination of SDC + Federal income Taxation literally filled every ACCT slot for me.  

There are two courses I can't find, Auditing and Federal Taxation. 

Here are the Accounting electives in my plan:

ACC-303 Cost Accounting - My source - SDC
ACC-401 Adv Accounting - My source - SDC
ACC-411 Auditing - My source - Can't find one yet
ACC-421 Fed Inc. Taxation - My source - Can't find one yet. 

Of course I can change from 411 and 421 to either
Advanced Managerial Accounting
Accounting Information Systems
Analysis of Financial Statements
But I haven't seen where I can take anything equivalent to those three. Any ideas?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 5 93 2 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,561 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 507 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,325 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az