Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to send transcripts from Sophia or SDC to TESU
(09-07-2020, 10:40 PM)AZDan Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 07:58 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: What UL Accounting can't you find at SDC? Because the combination of SDC + Federal income Taxation literally filled every ACCT slot for me.  

There are two courses I can't find, Auditing and Federal Taxation. 

Here are the Accounting electives in my plan:

ACC-303 Cost Accounting - My source - SDC
ACC-401 Adv Accounting - My source - SDC
ACC-411 Auditing - My source - Can't find one yet
ACC-421 Fed Inc. Taxation - My source - Can't find one yet. 

Of course I can change from 411 and 421 to either
Advanced Managerial Accounting
Accounting Information Systems
Analysis of Financial Statements
But I haven't seen where I can take anything equivalent to those three. Any ideas?

Those specific courses that they mention are just possibilities, you can take any upper level Accounting elective.

I took these two:

https://study.com/academy/course/account...nting.html

https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=ACC-421

The TECEP will definitely work, someone else would need to comment with a recent data point of SDC ACC 301 transferring in, mine transferred in just under a year ago to fill that slot.

The following course has recently been transferred in as an upper level Financial Accounting course, so that should also work.

https://www.instantcert.com/credit_cours...Accounting
I just saw something interesting. When I go to Academic Evaluation and when I changed the degree to BSBA General Management, it forces me to select the 2020-2021 Catalog. This does appear that I will have to change from the 2018 catalog.
(09-07-2020, 10:47 PM)AZDan Wrote: I just saw something interesting. When I go to Academic Evaluation and when I changed the degree to BSBA General Management, it forces me to select the 2020-2021 Catalog. This does appear that I will have to change from the 2018 catalog.

That's what it says for me when I do what ifs too, but according to bjcheung77, that only applies to changing the degree, not the concentration within the degree. The software may not be smart enough to know that though.
So between all of the advice over this thread, I have gone from TESU will work for me, TESU will not work because of the 3.0 over last 60 credit issue, to I may need to consider a competency-based program and "I really need to talk to UMPI", and now back to TESU just may actually work. Rolleyes 

As what was suggested, after I complete Foundations of Statistics at Sophia, I am going to move to all UL efforts next, then get back to any remaining LL. 

With a full-time job and working easily an average of 10 hours a day, and the two ASU courses which are taking up a lot of time, I am struggling somewhat getting back to Study.com.

By the way, which plan at SDC is best? I am doing the $199/month plan and am questioning if I need it.

How important is it that I sign up right away for something, like a 1 credit course, at TESU?

Apologies for bombarding this thread but I just thought of something else.
I am a pilot and I saw that TESU may give credits for this but you have to do PLA-100 to have my credentials reviewed for possible credit. This may be the trigger I need to become an active student and possibly gain a couple of credits in the mean time.
Quote:How important is it that I sign up right away for something, like a 1 credit course, at TESU?

Depends how long ago your 2018 catalog was established. Did you do any work towards it the first time around (like transfer in new ACE credits?) ? If you didn't actually enroll in anything that started that degree at that time, you may or may not be grandfathered, but hopefully you are.

I wouldn't pay for the monthly SDC plan until you have time to work on it - seems like a waste of $$$ to have the membership if you are busy taking other courses elsewhere.

The $199/mo is as far as I remember, the only option for college credit. You get 2 exams per month. You can take 3 extra per month at $70/mo each. So basically 15 credits for $409/mo. I felt like the accounting ones went pretty fast because they are so similar - you'd go to the next course and it already had X% complete from doing the prior course.
(09-07-2020, 11:45 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote:
Quote:How important is it that I sign up right away for something, like a 1 credit course, at TESU?

Depends how long ago your 2018 catalog was established. Did you do any work towards it the first time around (like transfer in new ACE credits?) ? If you didn't actually enroll in anything that started that degree at that time, you may or may not be grandfathered, but hopefully you are.

I wouldn't pay for the monthly SDC plan until you have time to work on it - seems like a waste of $$$ to have the membership if you are busy taking other courses elsewhere.

The $199/mo is as far as I remember, the only option for college credit. You get 2 exams per month. You can take 3 extra per month at $70/mo each. So basically 15 credits for $409/mo.  I felt like the accounting ones went pretty fast because they are so similar - you'd go to the next course and it already had X% complete from doing the prior course.

This is from an earlier thread about SDC discounts- the discount is still valid as of July 2020.
total cost ends up being $1080.00 for a year of access- depending on how may courses you have and how much time you have to complete them.. it's actually a steal.

Hi to all here I post the study.com 50% discount on one year college accelerator.
I have paid for this it the beginning of this year.

https://study.com/academy/get-started.ht...dyyear50#7

this is the code: studyyear50
[-] The following 1 user Likes CableGuy98's post:
  • warriortaupou
(09-08-2020, 12:36 AM)CableGuy98 Wrote:

The $199/mo is as far as I remember, the only option for college credit. You get 2 exams per month. You can take 3 extra per month at $70/mo each. So basically 15 credits for $409/mo.  I felt like the accounting ones went pretty fast because they are so similar - you'd go to the next course and it already had X% complete from doing the prior course.

This is from an earlier thread about SDC discounts- the discount is still valid as of July 2020.
total cost ends up being $1080.00 for a year of access- depending on how may courses you have and how much time you have to complete them.. it's actually a steal.

Hi to all here I post the study.com 50% discount on one year college accelerator.

Are you still subject to the 2 course per month with that with having to pay $70 each for 3 additional exmas? If so, it would probably take longer to complete the same number of courses.
(09-08-2020, 09:16 AM)tjguitar85 Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 12:36 AM)CableGuy98 Wrote:

Are you still subject to the 2 course per month with that with having to pay $70 each for 3 additional exmas? If so, it would probably take longer to complete the same number of courses.

The fee still applies no different than month to month, no way around the $70 fee to test... that plan is actually better for someone who needs the additional time or is always on the go..  That plan pays for itself after month 5 compared to the $199 a month plan- the time it takes to complete the course comes down to the individual person, their course plan, and what kind of timeline they have. Even if they charged $100 per exam, that's still a steal compared to the old school brick & mortar community college tuition, time spent and access to material. Won't even bother comparing 4 year schools- a thousand dollars will get you books, a parking pass, and maybe cover semester technology fees...maybe- just saying. But to each it's own...
Good tip. Do you know if the SDC plan can be changed if I am already on the M-T-M plan?

(09-07-2020, 11:14 PM)AZDan Wrote:
Apologies for bombarding this thread but I just thought of something else.
I am a pilot and I saw that TESU may give credits for this but you have to do PLA-100 to have my credentials reviewed for possible credit. This may be the trigger I need to become an active student and possibly gain a couple of credits in the mean time.

I wanted to see if either of you had thoughts on this...
Skip the Pilot license, none of the credits would be usable in a BSBA. If it was the BALS you're going for, a bunch of them would be usable in the Free Electives area. In the BSBA, you only have 6 credits, you can get those 6 free by doing the TEEX courses alone.

(09-07-2020, 10:14 PM)AZDan Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 07:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yup, you can complete everything with Sophia.org and Study.com, skip the Accounting, go for the General Management option.  The GPA won't really matter, it's one of a few things they look at.  You can apply to other AACSB schools easier with an ACBSP degree from TESU or WGU.  
I'm not so sure about the GPA not really mattering. 
As an example, see this from UCA and they are AACSB.
 [img]What are the minimum requirements for regular admission into Graduate Studies? A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.70 on a scale of 4.00 OR at least a 3.00 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study[/img]

For those who don't have the GPA or missing other requirements, each and every school out there has what is called a "conditional acceptance or admission". Here's the one for UCA Link: https://uca.edu/gbulletin/fields-of-inst...istration/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,308 3 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 524 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 476 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27