Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can I transfer all my credits without taking a capstone?
I have about 150 credits from ace and a few other colleges. I want to transfer them into a bachelor degree, but my research shows that I would still have to take a capstone. Are there alternatives to not taking the capstone? Any colleges that will take my credits without forcing the capstone on me? A foreign college is ok as long as they'll recognize my ace credit, even though I'm American.
TESU's BSBA currently has a capstone that you can test out of - the Strategic Management TECEP exam. $114. They are in the process of revising it now, and no one knows if they're going to change the exam, or get rid of it altogether. So if you wanted to take it, registering sooner rather than later is your best bet.

All of this assumes that you want a business degree.

Also, if you read up on the capstone, you may find that it's not as challenging as you might think. If you don't already have the credits for the business degree, you might spend more time (and money) getting the courses you need then you would on taking a capstone for a degree you have all/most of the credits for already.

If you list your credits here, we may be able to help you figure out the fastest degree you can get. List in this order:
School (semester or quarter system)
Course #, course name, number of credits, grade if less than a C (even a C- is important)

Start again with each new school. Make sure you include the full course name so we can figure out what it is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The only degree I can think of that will let you transfer in everything is a Bachelor of General Studies from Athabasca University in Canada. However, they do not take ACE credit and require a lot (45 hours) of upper level credit.

As Dfrecore said, post your credits and we will try to help.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Anybody know of any bachelor degree programs I can transfer all the below credits into without taking additional classes?

Somebody asked me to post my classes so people can help me fit them into a bachelor degree. Here they are below. I think I might a few others straggling ones that I missed. I didn't post the grades because most of them are pass/fail and they are all above a B.

I already had them evaluated at TESC which I am not happy with and I will not be going with TESC because I will have to take Communications 209 which I can't find anywhere for low cost or free(I like saylor academy) and they also want me to take a LIB-495-capstone and TES-100 Cornerstone. and 10 other classes. I won't do that because it's too expensive. As you can tell by my classes below I've been taking the free Saylor academy classes and other low cost and free classes.

MY COMPLETED CLASSES BELOW:

MESA COMMUNITY COLLEGE:

Anth 101 Anthropology
TCA 200 Airline reservation
TCA 242 Travel agency operations
TCA 251 Tourism and convention extern
TCA 295 Work experience
CIT 101 Intro to computers
PSY 101 General psychology
Eng 101 Composition I
Eng 102 Composition II
CIT 110 A+ hardware
CIT 111 A+ software
PSC 101 Intro to american politics
Art 160 Art appreciation
Biol 189 Biology fundamentals of life science
Math 100B Health math
Phil 102 Critial thinking philosphy
Edu 250 Education

SAYLOR ACADEMY: ALTERNATIVE CREDIT PROJECT ECOSYSTEM:

Introduction to Comparative Politics (Saylor)

LEARNING COUNTS, CAEL:

Employment Law
Prior Learning Assessment Theory and Practice

EDUCATION TO GO/CENGAGE LEARNING:

Basic Anatomy and Physiology
Medical Terminology: A Word Association Approach

SAYLOR ACADEMY:

Environmental Ethics, Justice, and World Views
Introduction to Sociology

STRAIGHERLINE

Accounting I*
Accounting II*
Business Communication*
Business Statistics
College Algebra*
General Chemistry I Lab*
General Chemistry I*
Introduction to Biology Lab*
Introduction to Biology*
Introduction to Business*
Managerial Accounting
Microeconomics
Macroeconomics
Personal Finance
Pharmacology I
Pharmacology II
Precalculus*

NCCR:
network internet (upper level)
employment law 400 level (upper level)
I feel for you and I know money maybe tight, but you need to decide for yourself if the ROI is worth it.
There is none, no provider that will take your credits and provide you a degree. Seriously...
Yes, your closest and cheapest option is TESU. The other recommendations are COSC and EC.
You might get lucky with Patten, Hodges, or WGU so I suggest sending everything to WGU also.
Send things quickly to WGU now as they have a free application deadline of this month end.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The problem here is not that a college won't "take your credits" but that your credits don't all fit neatly into a degree plan. The good news is that TESU's BSBA does require a capstone, but you're able to take it as a TECEP exam for $114. You have a lot of the credits already for the plan, although it would definitely help to see what your TESU eval has to say - I don't know where all of the credits will fit.

My advice would be to sign up with Study.com for some courses - Public Speaking, Global Management, a few others if you want - and then you get the cornerstone waived. You also get $200 off the Residency Waiver. It's a great deal if you need courses anyway - taking 2 courses for $200 saves you $500 in fees at TESU.

I'm including my spreadsheet for you here, based on what I could figure out from the classes you have. I do not know what some of the courses come in as, so I didn't include them (from MCC - all of the Travel Agency courses, the A+ courses, and the education course. Health Math and Bio I guessed on, but not sure on those). I also didn't include LearningCounts or Cengage courses.

A lot of your courses are considered "Free Electives" at TESU, and there's only room for 2 of those in the BSBA, so some courses just won't count.

Still, I have you needing to take 13 courses total, at roughly $100 each, so $1300, and then the other fees puts your total at $3700 - but if you take any courses through Study.com, that will reduce your costs by another $200, so a total of $3500. Not bad.

There are other options - you could get a BALS, which will take more of your credits - but you would have to take the $1500 capstone course, as well as still not have all of your courses fit perfectly into the degree. Or the BSPS, where you would have to take the $1500 Capstone course, and more credits can go towards different things. You could use your Travel Agency courses as your Specialized Career track, although you'd have to do one additional course in that. Again, not perfect but it might work out.

You will find that NO school is a perfect fit for your credits, but being 66% and $3500 away from your goal at TESU may be closer than almost anywhere else.

Check COSC's BSBA though. You will have to take the Cornerstone and Capstone there, but they may take more of your credits than TESU.

If you put your evals on here, we can help compare the cost to complete your degrees at the different schools.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">katz TESU 2016 BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 34.44 KB / Downloads: 1)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I was just going to post what dfrecore said...no college will take all the credits because they don't fit neatly into any degree plan offered. But some get pretty close and 10-13 courses really isn't too bad. You could realistically accomplish that in a few months. I took 16 courses in 12 weeks. So it is doable.

If you are looking to reduce costs, you can apply for the study.com scholarship. That will give you six free classes out of the 10-13 classes you need (so about half of them). A study.com affiliate membership also waives the cornerstone course, gives you a discount on the capstone tuition and residency waiver (if you chose a degree that requires the capstone) which further reduces your cost.

As far as the capstone, if you have to take it, I've read some sample papers and comments on here and it doesn't sound too terrible. I'll know in a few weeks I guess since I'm registered for the April term.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,305 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,109 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,270 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,689 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,837 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,738 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,606 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,374 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM